Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Banned

Default Travers spillway

No access at Travers spillway , road down to lake closed , big constuction going on , dont know what their doing and dont know how long it will be closed.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 AM

If you mean the east side dam...they've been working on it since last winter....joining lakes or something of the sort???
Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

The spillway where the canal comes in , east side road closed too.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
The spillway where the canal comes in , east side road closed too.
when did this happen? my son drove in on the service road to the spill way yesterday
Old 01-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
when did this happen? my son drove in on the service road to the spill way yesterday
I'm guessing he's talking about the gate leading to the big equipment, and where some of the construction has been going on. And I'm guessing your son took the trail right at that gate, down the side hill and drove down to the lake at the spillway. If you're not paying attention a guy would miss that trail pretty easy.

But as far as I know, as of a couple weekends ago, you can still drive past the atco trailer on the service road, right up to the locked gate.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
I'm guessing he's talking about the gate leading to the big equipment, and where some of the construction has been going on. And I'm guessing your son took the trail right at that gate, down the side hill and drove down to the lake at the spillway. If you're not paying attention a guy would miss that trail pretty easy.

But as far as I know, as of a couple weekends ago, you can still drive past the atco trailer on the service road, right up to the locked gate.
ah gotcha Mo
i fear they will shut the entrance down after the construction is completed..just like the service road across the road to the Mac dam
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
ah gotcha Mo
i fear they will shut the entrance down after the construction is completed..just like the service road across the road to the Mac dam
I never really thought about that.... But I think that could be a possibility now that you mention it. If Alberta Environment does that (locks up the Travers spillway service road), I'm pretty sure it'll pi$$ off more people than when they locked up the McG Res, and I know of a lot of people that were pi$$ed when they locked up that service road. Can only hope they leave the Travers gate right where it is.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
I never really thought about that.... But I think that could be a possibility now that you mention it. If Alberta Environment does that (locks up the Travers spillway service road), I'm pretty sure it'll pi$$ off more people than when they locked up the McG Res, and I know of a lot of people that were pi$$ed when they locked up that service road. Can only hope they leave the Travers gate right where it is.
geebuss MO.....you could of said you know a higher power and you and me will be given keys to the gate.

im guessing some good old farm boys will pull down the little yellow gate when it gets put up
Old 01-08-2011, 04:48 PM

It might cut down on the poaching from shore so it may actually be a good thing...
Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
It might cut down on the poaching from shore so it may actually be a good thing...
i appreciate what your saying. BUT if they shut down the boat launch it would cut down pollution and poaching also. Yes theres some bad basturds but id hate to see good people and their families without boats lose a nice spot.
if we want to get rid of drunk drivers we could just put gates on every road too every 10 feet

I hope you report all the illegal activity you see

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-08-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Banned

Was there yesterday at the entrance road that goes down to the spillway , the one that is fed by the canal.
This road goes to the parking area , 2 big barricades up , no vehicle access except constuction vehicles only , it said.
Spent 60 bucks on gas to go there , ended up at pcr , caught a 60 dollar bubot .
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Was there yesterday at the entrance road that goes down to the spillway , the one that is fed by the canal.
This road goes to the parking area , 2 big barricades up , no vehicle access except constuction vehicles only , it said.
Spent 60 bucks on gas to go there , ended up at pcr , caught a 60 dollar bubot .
im confussed my son drove down that access road took the off ramp(lack of better word) it takes you to the lake shore very close to the new spillway.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I hope you report all the illegal activity you see
Every time we see it. It's too bad, one time there was a group of 15 or so, that had quite the "processing line" set up. About 12 "fishermen" and 3 or so in one of those mosquito tents, hacking away at anything that came up Problem was that it was at about 11:30 pm on a Friday night...

Anyways, back to the original issue, yes, it would be a shame to lose that road for the families that do follow the rules and don't have a boat.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 PM

Drive on the lake at the resort. Simple solution.