Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 10-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Squirrel relocating?

Default Squirrel relocating?

We have alot of squirrels in a pasture area that we would like to relocate using cage traps, any idea on how to target these animals ? any ideas or past experiences?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
DUKE

relocating doesn't work.. they are like a grizzly, moving them into anothers turf, they will fight and push one another out till they are back in the same spot you took them from.. get yourself a good pellet gun or .22 and blast them. :evil
Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 AM
t

Default t

My best suggestion is to get a bunch of kids in there and pay them $1.00 a squirrel to catch them and relocate their hides to the fur auction and feed their carcass' to those poor helpless little buzzards that just can't seem to feed themselves.

Get a kid outdoors and away from his video games, burn off some fat (many kids these days are highly obese) and take care of your problem/inconvenience. Few things as refreshing as taking in the outdoors and trappin' some critters!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:48 PM
rats

Default rats

If you are gonna target them, then it's more sporting not to use the traps.:eek If you plan to use cage traps, make sure you are some distance[30-40 yds away] before you start shooting them,otherwise it's hard on the cages.
If you want to get rid of them live,I heard snakes like 'em. Find someone with a bunch of pet snakes and I'll bet they would be glad to have 'em.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Reeves01

Default Re: rats

I think "Anonymous" is jerking your chains. How many squirrels have you ever seen in a pasture....?
Old 11-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: rats

Tons up north of Valley View
Jamie