Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-30-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Lots of guys still thinking how great it will be with no quads in the castle, and are happy their opportunities will increase. You will have great opportunities on your draw tag or on a guided hunt.(if allowed at at). Enjoy.
Show me some hard core proof that hunting will perish in Castle region other than ATV restriction that puts some of the lazy azzes at a disadvantage. Seems as though some people can't hunt without the use of ATVs. Maybe ask some private land owners if they will allow you to hunt with your ATVs and see how that works out for you
Old 04-30-2017, 11:50 AM

What does private land have to do with public land?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:13 PM

PS: Shannon really did appreciate all the support the non ohv crowd gave her during the review period by convincing you your activities won't be reduced/eliminated.

Back to the original post and link. DO you think what they have already stated will INCREASE your hunting opportunities in the castle? PRetty big elephant in the room.

Denile ain't just a river in Egypt.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd View Post
Calling people names is not going to help your case. ATVs are a minority use (<15% of Albertans). Making parks is popular and if you think that frustration about quad damage is a fringe view you should expand your social circle a bit.

Governments follow the votes. Will be interesting to see how/if the Castle plan changes after the last consultation but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the feedback supports the government plan.
When you build a consultation with questions that drive a desired outcome its easy not to be surprised by the feedback.

I did not see questions like:
"Do you support OHV use in the Castle?"
"Do you support the Provincial Park designation?"

But there were plenty of:
"Do you feel protecting headwaters are important?" I can't imagine a single person not agreeing.
"To protect the headwaters should we institute a OHV ban now or phase them out over 5 years?"

Typical government, covering off the consultation process but pushing forward their agenda just the same.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:13 PM

Enough of the personal insults and accusations already
Any more and this thread will continue but without the member that keeps up the insults etc
Read the rules again , this thread is not about attacking certain members
Cat
Old 04-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
Show me some hard core proof that hunting will perish in Castle region other than ATV restriction that puts some of the lazy azzes at a disadvantage. Seems as though some people can't hunt without the use of ATVs. Maybe ask some private land owners if they will allow you to hunt with your ATVs and see how that works out for you
This is rich.

The truly lazy are the ones who want ATVS banned, so they can use the well beaten path.

There is far more back country hunting in the Castle area than trail hunting. Most are just too lazy to leave the trail.

And Bob creek is a prime example of the government banning something without talking about it.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:11 PM

My advise to anyone who doesn't want their hunting opportunities limited is find out who the decision makers will be on the new hunting plan for the caste park and ensure your input is heard. Doesn't mean they'll act on It, but the tides are definatley not in favour of past users of that area. Don't expect them to leave opportunities as they are. And if you don't get involved and try to influence the way things turn out, you dont have the right to complain about it when it happens.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:41 PM

Hmmm, divide and conquer is alive and well. Very little effort required on the bureaucrats/government side.

Pathetic.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw