Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-29-2017, 12:08 PM

Default super pumped

As the title says , i,m super pumped . The wife got her cow moose draw . First moose ever for her . Gunna be a blast as she has only been hunting about 3 yrs now , super pumped to push bush for her so she can get this done and i can hear her 243win bark
Old 07-29-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomstick View Post
As the title says , i,m super pumped . The wife got her cow moose draw . First moose ever for her . Gunna be a blast as she has only been hunting about 3 yrs now , super pumped to push bush for her so she can get this done and i can hear her 243win bark
Cow moose?

I've never have seen that licence listed in the regs.

Are you sure about what she has been drawn for?

There are no absolutes
Old 07-29-2017, 12:45 PM

Man you guys need to give that stuff a break, you know exactly what he's talking about. Congrats to the wife and hope you connect, they're a fun animal to hunt!!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=Dick284;3593365]Cow moose?

yes cow moose!! LOL you know, antlerless moose AKA cow moose. many zones offer a "cow moose" tag. sheesh some people just like to be wise arses. check the link below and see all the available tags and how much priority required to draw. also, this site is for people who are not arse holes. you are a dick284. If you dont have anything positive or intelligent to say. shush. OP I wish your wife best of luck and hope you guys do have a blast. Im sure you will. What zone did she draw?
https://mywildalberta.ca/hunting/hun...ode27-2016.pdf
Old 07-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhaulerhunter View Post
Man you guys need to give that stuff a break, you know exactly what he's talking about. Congrats to the wife and hope you connect, they're a fun animal to hunt!!
Ya I know, but if you've ever listened to the bull excrement bandied about at the coffee shoppe or gun counters out there you'd soon learn that all the erroneous naming of licence catigories results in all sorts of mis understandings and errors being made by a great chunk of the hunters out there. One fellow was expounding how he hasn't seen a cow moose to shoot but has passed numerous calves and a knuckle head bull(how he ever could tell?) because he had a cow licence. In the zone he was hunting it's either antlered or antlerless, that's all.

If people would use proper verbiage there'd be far less misunderstandings and errors being made in the field.

That's the point.

And it confuses the heck outta new hunters when all the wrong terms get used by the so called experts out there.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-29-2017, 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=Dallen Baugh;3593372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Cow moose?

yes cow moose!! LOL you know, antlerless moose AKA cow moose. many zones offer a "cow moose" tag. sheesh some people just like to be wise arses. check the link below and see all the available tags and how much priority required to draw. also, this site is for people who are not arse holes. you are a dick284. If you dont have anything positive or intelligent to say. shush. OP I wish your wife best of luck and hope you guys do have a blast. Im sure you will. What zone did she draw?
https://mywildalberta.ca/hunting/hun...ode27-2016.pdf
Hmm your link only shows antlerless moose draws.

I don't see a cow moose option.

With an antlerless moose licence can I shoot a bull with antlers less than 4" in length?

Get my point about naming licences incorrectly.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-29-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Ya I know, but if you've ever listened to the bull excrement bandied about at the coffee shoppe or gun counters out there you'd soon learn that all the erroneous naming of licence catigories results in all sorts of mis understandings and errors being made by a great chunk of the hunters out there. One fellow was expounding how he hasn't seen a cow moose to shoot but has passed numerous calves and a knuckle head bull(how he ever could tell?) because he had a cow licence. In the zone he was hunting it's either antlered or antlerless, that's all.

If people would use proper verbiage there'd be far less misunderstandings and errors being made in the field.

That's the point.

And it confuses the heck outta new hunters when all the wrong terms get used by the so called experts out there.
if someone doesn't know the regs it's their own fault. if you are new do your homework. I only call something antlerless if I have interest in shooting a young one, otherwise I always call it a cow tag/draw.

congrats OP good luck filling the freezer hope your wife enjoys it as much as I know you will
Old 07-29-2017, 01:06 PM

Smile pumped

ok dick284 i think i see your confussion here . she was drawn in 999 for cow moose and i hope she gets one of the black and white ones cuz we are not really fond of the red ones ...too chewy . lmao
Old 07-29-2017, 01:12 PM

Did she get the draw for "rifle season"?

LC
Old 07-29-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:

That's the point.

man!! you still haven't wished the OP good luck on the hunt. whats wrong with you? you totally robbed the guy of his post about being super pumped and completely missed the point. give your head a shake and move on bud. Hope your next post is wishing the guy well on his wife's hunt and maybe even apologize for derailing his post, or dont reply at all. Get it dude? I apologize on this dick284's behalf OP. It is really too bad you have to deal with this. Im done.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
ok dick284 i think i see your confussion here . she was drawn in 999 for cow moose and i hope she gets one of the black and white ones cuz we are not really fond of the red ones ...too chewy . lmao
You sir are a good sport, and I know you and your Mrs. will do well with this licence and have a freezer full of great meat for the family.

I just remember a few neophyte hunters coming through here in the past totally confounded by pet names and wrong terms. I feel for those who are new to hunting trying to make sense of the unsensical stuff that gets posted here.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-29-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallen Baugh View Post
man!! you still haven't wished the OP good luck on the hunt. whats wrong with you? you totally robbed the guy of his post about being super pumped and completely missed the point. give your head a shake and move on bud. Hope your next post is wishing the guy well on his wife's hunt and maybe even apologize for derailing his post, or dont reply at all. Get it dude? I apologize on this dick284's behalf OP. It is really too bad you have to deal with this. Im done.
You need to step back yourself.

Coincidentally while you were ranting away I was replying to the OP's very mature retort to my post.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallen Baugh View Post
Oh relax princess!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

Excellent,enjoy the upcoming hunt.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:32 PM

Default pumped

wow dick ya kicked the hornets nest today lol.
anyway , the wife has a nice little model 7 243 that she shoots very accuratly out to 300 yrds, and with the 100grn nosler partions shes shooting i,m sure she will do an amazing job if she gets infront of a good ANTLERLESS moose lol.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
wow dick ya kicked the hornets nest today lol.
anyway , the wife has a nice little model 7 243 that she shoots very accuratly out to 300 yrds, and with the 100grn nosler partions shes shooting i,m sure she will do an amazing job if she gets infront of a good ANTLERLESS moose lol.
Sounds like your Mrs. Is well outfitted for the hunt, hopefully she maintains her composure during the moment of truth.

It most certainly appears that some sensibilities have been upset, and to that I wish to express a hardy blown raspberry.(not towards you my good sport)

There are no absolutes
Old 07-29-2017, 02:00 PM

What zone you guys hunting? Should be some good memories. Congrats!
Old 07-29-2017, 02:50 PM

I was drawn for mulie doe.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:21 PM

Congrats on your wife drawing the antlerless moose tag. Now she can shoot any male or female moose with no antlers, much easier than having to verify the sex before shooting.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:30 PM

Default pumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Congrats on your wife drawing the antlerless moose tag. Now she can shoot any male or female moose with no antlers, much easier than having to verify the sex before shooting.
Actual elkhunter11 , i dont believe in taking little bulls or any male deer that young . Lets let em grow up first . If its not a good dry cow then we will wait til the next time she gets a draw .Wife waited 20 min. last fall to make sure her first doe did not have a bambi following it , good on her i say .
Old 07-29-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Actual elkhunter11 , i dont believe in taking little bulls or any male deer that young . Lets let em grow up first . If its not a good dry cow then we will wait til the next time she gets a draw .Wife waited 20 min. last fall to make sure her first doe did not have a bambi following it , good on her i say .

Nevertheless, the tag does give her that option, and many people will take a young moose.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 PM

Default pumped

Your right Elkhuter they would but ive never been one to do that . Ive harvested many animals over a very long time ....i,m getting to be the age of dirt lol...but never seen the need to take a young one just to fill a tag .
Old 07-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like your Mrs. Is well outfitted for the hunt, hopefully she maintains her composure during the moment of truth.

It most certainly appears that some sensibilities have been upset, and to that I wish to express a hardy blown raspberry.(not towards you my good sport)

Truer words have never been spoken,as mr,mrs or miss has stated know the target.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:36 AM
Banned

Cool ... shoot a calf !!!
Old 07-30-2017, 07:04 AM

Great material here for the AO parody 999 thread!
Best of luck to you' and your wife getting your cow!
Old 07-30-2017, 07:19 AM

Default pumped

Thanks guys ,shes stoked lol , november cant come fast enuf now .
Old 07-30-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
Cool ... shoot a calf !!!
I dont believe you can shoot a calf with an antlerless tag, as there is a special draw for Calf Moose.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decker View Post
I dont believe you can shoot a calf with an antlerless tag, as there is a special draw for Calf Moose.
Depends on the zone.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by decker View Post
ok
Old 07-30-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
ok
I have read the regs and know what the definition of a antlerless animal is, according to that definition its legal. So if there is a special license in certain zones for calf moose does that mean they are considered fair game in other zones where there is only a draw for antlerless?