Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 AM

As an oilers fan, I can find comfort in the fact the our bitter rivals to the south (Flamers) suck just as bad.... with even less hope for the future (no McJesus).
Helps me get thru the disappointment
Old 05-09-2018, 11:25 AM

Can't cheer for Winnipeg. Going with the cast away players of the league, the team that shouldn't be there. VGK is my go to team this year in the playoffs.

VGK wins the cup and writes the best story in hockey in the past 50 years!

BW
Old 05-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
As an oilers fan, I can find comfort in the fact the our bitter rivals to the south (Flamers) suck just as bad.... with even less hope for the future (no McJesus).
Haaahaa, just as bad, nope.
Haaahaaaaahaaaaa, less hope for the future, hilarious. A Flames prospect was captain of the gold medal winning junior team, first pick from last year was a point per game player in his last two seasons in the WHL as a defenceman, and Edmonton has zero prospects in TSN top 50 Prospects Ranking. McDavid is amazing, but simply having him on your team isn't enough, as evidenced by his last 3 seasons.

I'd love an honest answer on how the Oilers are going to improve from last season? They have approx. $10M to sign 7 more players (avg. of $1.4M per player) and no prospects that look like they are going to make the jump (top player in Bakersfield was Josh Currie with 46 points, 58th in the league). So the options seem like guys just play better or 10th overall comes in and is an impact player. My honest opinion is that the Oilers are going to be one of the worst teams in the league again.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
McDavid is just one player. Big deal. Id rather a team of cast offs like Vegas that gel and know what team work is. The oil need to be blown up. They aren't a character team and any character they do have is negative what with all the gossip that was around this club this past season. Maroon also doesnt want to come back he stated publicly which i think is he got a taste of a team with no little **** ant egos...

Im not a flames fan nor a tried and true Oiler fan. My loyalty to the Oilers left when Semenko went to Hartford. LOL!!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Sooo your advice is..... meth
Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default Soilers

The EDmonton SOILERS are the Cleveland Browns of the NHL. EDmonton is the city that "GOOD FORGOT"
Old 05-24-2018, 12:00 PM

"According to TSN 1260's Jason Gregor, the Oilers have hired former Calgary Flames head coach Glen Gulutzan and Trent Yawney as assistant coaches."
Old 05-24-2018, 02:07 PM

Really? Huh...they must see something in Glen I didn't....well, good for him, and great for the Oilers. Going to really speed up the rebuild now.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-24-2018, 02:51 PM

Old 05-24-2018, 03:24 PM

I think it might be a good move.

IMO GG is not much of a motivator, nor does he make good decisions on the fly. ( Calling timeout after a couple quick goals or changing up the lines during the game, as a couple examples.) These would be some of the reasons that he is not a good choice as a head coach.

He could be a capable assistant coach. His track record as an assistant is not bad.

As a bonus for Flames, the signing could relieve them of any contractual obligations.