Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2022, 09:58 AM

Default What do do if you have to much money.

Maybe buy this thing, only 1.5 million.

https://www.guaranteerv.com/product/...50mh-1883287-9
Old 08-25-2022, 10:08 AM

I guess if you can afford that you can afford the fuel for it!

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:21 AM

I was in a campground near Prince George and a similar land yacht pulled in next to me for one night. They were from California. Their towed vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep was custom painted so that the colour and stripes of the motor home flowed onto the body of the Jeep. When you go to the trouble of having that custom paint job done I don't think you are worried about financial security.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:37 AM

I'd love to just experience using something that extravagant for a couple of weeks. I think it would be neat
Old 08-25-2022, 10:38 AM

Wrong, Wrong. WRONG!!!

What you do is give some to me so that I can buy a new truck and boat. I'll even send you a thank you card.

Drewski
Old 08-25-2022, 10:46 AM

Some people cash in their house for one of these monstrosities, spend their retirement cruising the continent, a real sub culture, even magazines around it. Whatever turns your crank.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8

Last edited by Grizzly Adams1; 08-25-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:50 AM

We shopped for a Class A diesel about 4 years back for my brother. We started with new, just to see what was in the market. You could go from 400,000 to well over 2 million in a hurry, no problem. Issue was, many of those 1 million plus motor homes were built on a chassis that can't handle that kind of weight, especially for long distance use. The ones built on Bus frames like Prevost were the only ones built right, and even then you had to watch total weight and distribution. The other thing that became REALLY obvious is that once you hit about 800,000, the fit, finish and what you get for the next million in price is really poor value. There just isn't that much more you can do to a motor home to warrant all the extra you are paying. Final point, those million dollar motor homes were easily available 3 to 5 years old, with low miles and in great shape for ball park 325-400,000. The folks that bought them new may of had unlimited funds, but the used market for them is a whole bunch smaller, and far less well healed. My brother got a tremendous deal on one that was 6 years old and had less than 15,000 miles on it, was less than 25% of new.

So if you really want to try the luxury lifestyle, they are available for rent as well as purchase used at very large discounts.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:13 AM

Nahh, couldn't imagine trying to park that in a campground...

If I had too much money, I'd be visiting Allan B. Olson Auction on the 20th September: Link

Lots 1 & 24 please.

From that $1.5M, the remaining could get me 2,700 stays in $400/night hotels.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 AM

If I had too much money I'd by a pair of The WAMM Master Chronosonic floor speakers for the house. A mere 850,000.00 US.

For the same price you can buy a TerraWind RV. It's is a sea-dwelling motorhome vehicle that floats like a house boat too.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 08-25-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
If I had too much money I'd by a pair of The WAMM Master Chronosonic floor speakers for the house. A mere 850,000.00 US.
For that price you'd think they'd be able to make them look better than $150 Polks from Best Buy.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:40 AM

I would take up a new hobby .. Farming .
Old 08-25-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I was in a campground near Prince George and a similar land yacht pulled in next to me for one night. They were from California. Their towed vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep was custom painted so that the colour and stripes of the motor home flowed onto the body of the Jeep. When you go to the trouble of having that custom paint job done I don't think you are worried about financial security.
Haha! Your post reminded me of when I went to a country jamboree in Southern Ontario - Charlie Major showed up with a custom-painted bus, with a matching trailer, which contained a matching Suzuki Sidekick.

A few feet away, there was Sawyer Brown's bus, very plain and not looking very new.

I know which band impressed me more.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post

That be nice for when you make landfall with this yacht and need transportation to go dine
https://www.cowichanvalleycitizen.co...s-in-mill-bay/

Wife and kids went to see this the other week.
Pictures don’t do the monstrosity of that boat justice

Another one that frequents the coast here rents out with crew for $450,000 per day fuel is about that per day as well on average is the local legend
Old 08-25-2022, 11:51 AM

Default What to do if you have too much money.

Become a AO moderator….
Old 08-25-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
While fishing out on the west coast ,I was admiring a unit that painted to match(Class A motor home and 27' boat) then to add insult to injury a Turbo Beaver landed in the harbour (it was also painted to match) At that point I knew there was no keeping up!!
Old 08-25-2022, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Become a AO moderator….
If that's a qualification I'm going to have to resign.

You hear that Bob? I quit!!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-25-2022, 07:32 PM

I am just wondering what kind of degenerate alcoholic showoff needs 4 wine coolers (likely enough to hold over 200 bottles of wine) in a RV? I wonder what the on board humidor and cheese cooler look like .... Totally ridiculous = you might as well check into the Bellagio.

I just can't see dropping that kind of coin on a RV to travel around with this pavement princess.

Maybe it's just simple people like us who know how to clean a fish, make a fire, sit outside and drink a beer.

But hey .... to each his own - I just know I would never drop that kind of coin on a luxury RV.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:07 PM

Yeah, for that kind of money I could buy a nice bit of land and build a cabin on it, and never have to worry about topping up a 500L tank to get it to the next campground where I have to pay for a spot with hookups.

Nope. Cabin, woodstove, nice big porch with some rocking chairs, and a big sturdy gate at the road.

I like nice things, but big shiny rigs isn't one of them. Privacy, quiet, space, trees, maybe a little creek to fish. That would be what I'd be looking for. Probably will be looking for in the next year or two.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-25-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I am just wondering what kind of degenerate alcoholic showoff needs 4 wine coolers (likely enough to hold over 200 bottles of wine) in a RV? I wonder what the on board humidor and cheese cooler look like .... Totally ridiculous = you might as well check into the Bellagio.

I just can't see dropping that kind of coin on a RV to travel around with this pavement princess.

Maybe it's just simple people like us who know how to clean a fish, make a fire, sit outside and drink a beer.

But hey .... to each his own - I just know I would never drop that kind of coin on a luxury RV.
Ya and it's not $6.99 wine in those coolers! Nice to be rich? Or Not!
Old 08-25-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe buy this thing, only $1.5 million.

And that's a 2016... New ones are double that, or more.

There's a big difference between a Class-A motorhome, and a coach chassis.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:34 PM

My Voltage toyhauler has a fireplace and central vac......... just sayin..... I do use one of those from time to time. Oh, and a few dents!!!
Old 08-25-2022, 09:37 PM

Another problem has surfaced this summer with motorhomes----where to buy vehicle propane. Easy to find bottle refill places but if you have a tank its getting so finding a fueling station is harder to find. Just put an adapter on the motorhome so I can run the fridge & hot water tank off a bottle when parked. Now ---where to store a 20 pounder???
Old 08-26-2022, 05:38 AM
Banned

Quote:

That last time I checked, my name is not Musk
Old 08-26-2022, 06:27 AM
Banned

"PRICE IS IS CANADIAN DOLLARS!!!". Would it be a deal breaker if it was in USD? If you are shopping for an RV in that price range, it seems like that might be trivial.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yeah, for that kind of money I could buy a nice bit of land and build a cabin on it, and never have to worry about topping up a 500L tank to get it to the next campground where I have to pay for a spot with hookups.

Nope. Cabin, woodstove, nice big porch with some rocking chairs, and a big sturdy gate at the road.

I like nice things, but big shiny rigs isn't one of them. Privacy, quiet, space, trees, maybe a little creek to fish. That would be what I'd be looking for. Probably will be looking for in the next year or two.
Same here...

Further, I don't like the color of that thing..
Old 08-26-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
My Voltage toyhauler has a fireplace and central vac......... just sayin..... I do use one of those from time to time. Oh, and a few dents!!!
Don’t know if you read the specs on this million dollar home on wheels, but it comes with a battery and it’s charged!

Does yours have that?😜
Old 08-26-2022, 07:33 AM

"prepped for satellite" , hmm ........ $1.5 large and no satellite ?
Interior looks like a hospital room.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMac View Post
"PRICE IS IS CANADIAN DOLLARS!!!". Would it be a deal breaker if it was in USD? If you are shopping for an RV in that price range, it seems like that might be trivial.
If that was U.S. dollars it would be nearly $2 Million Canadian, so ya, even for someone rich, that makes a difference. After reading the comment about hospital looking interior, I just got done scrolling through the interior pictures, that is not a very well done interior. Certainly not worthy of the price range it aspires to.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Don’t know if you read the specs on this million dollar home on wheels, but it comes with a battery and it’s charged!

Does yours have that?😜
A charged battery.... they are tossing all the extras in eh? Yeah I read it all. I run 2 trojan 6 volt in series and have 5500 cummins onan on board genny. that spoils me enough. Not on the same level at all all. I would never buy that motorhome no matter how much $$$$$ I had.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:30 PM

Default Omg

Quote:

is it a bus?