Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2023, 12:05 PM

Default Justine is right Canada is just fine.

How the hell do Dr.'s approve this. As an aside he has also been very recently charged with kidnapping. I am wondering if that is a way to get into prison and get meals and a bed. But seriously how do Dr.'s approve this crap. I'm sure there is help for him out there with social services.

https://bridgecitynews.ca/medicine-h...d-application/

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-19-2023, 01:45 PM

Pretty sure that his senior benefits will amount to the same thing as his AISH benefits were.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:52 PM

Little derail….. what would a single guy receive from oas and cpp if he contributed and maxed out cpp each year at 65 or 67? Whatever it is.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Pretty sure that his senior benefits will amount to the same thing as his AISH benefits were.
YUP!
And CPP and OAS payments are downright insulting to someone who paid ruinous taxes for 50 years.

I wanna leave the country then come back as a immigrant or refugee so I can get 4 thousand a month as well as have lots of freebies.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Little derail….. what would a single guy receive from oas and cpp if he contributed and maxed out cpp each year at 65 or 67? Whatever it is.
At 65 about $1800 total
Old 01-19-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talking moose View Post
little derail….. What would a single guy receive from oas and cpp if he contributed and maxed out cpp each year at 65 or 67? Whatever it is.
$1900?
Old 01-19-2023, 02:13 PM

Thx boys. Had no clue.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:36 PM

Got an uncle who tried robbing a bank. He couldnt live off his pension, figured if he got away with it..... great. Well he didn't. LOL. @ 68 years old prison is great, nobody bothers him, he has netflix, plays pool and cards with the old timers, eats decent and has a warm bed. Even got his GED. He's honestly happy. But yeah Canada is fine.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
At 65 about $1800 total
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
$1900?
What about someone who has been on AISH for years? Contributed very little, or possibly nothing to CPP during their lifetime?
Would that impact their monthly income after 65?

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-19-2023, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
What about someone who has been on AISH for years? Contributed very little, or possibly nothing to CPP during their lifetime?
Would that impact their monthly income after 65?
Not really, because if the OAS is your only income you would also qualify for the GIS which for a single person is about $1000 - making about $1700 total. Currently AISH pays between $1685 and $1780 (approx.)
Old 01-19-2023, 06:06 PM

Jr is morally bankrupt. MAID is a mess. With that out of the way, is there absolutely nothing this person could do for work? Not sure if the article listed why he was on AISH but there has to be something he can do. In the video, he seems to be able to articulate ideas.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Between CCP & AOS I was getting a bit over 2k a month. Was close to what I needed per month.
But "projects" cost & , so I worked 2.5 months.
The next year (Gov is always at least a year behind) they lowered my AOS by almost $300.00 / month.

Because of this, I had to work more the next year......which will lower my AOS even more.
This will likely snow ball till I die.... ?
Old 01-19-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
Between CCP & AOS I was getting a bit over 2k a month. Was close to what I needed per month.
The next year (Gov is always at least a year behind) they lowered my AOS by almost $300.00 / month.

Because of this, I had to work more the next year......which will lower my AOS even more.
Did I read that right? Y'all getting money from the CCP? Now the Pinto thing is starting to make sense.
As for the government clawing back your benefits? If they can't get your money one way, they'll just find a different way to take it from you.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-19-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post

Under the table jobs are getting harder to find. Dam shame.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:26 PM

Guy I know is 82 and works every day, the Government claws back every Nickle plus some from his pension. Seems like a fair system to me.

I know in my home town the crime rate went up every fall so that peoplekind would get a nice 6 month sentence and have a nice warm place to sleep and eat for the winter. Not a bad idea really.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
How the hell do Dr.'s approve this. As an aside he has also been very recently charged with kidnapping. I am wondering if that is a way to get into prison and get meals and a bed. But seriously how do Dr.'s approve this crap. I'm sure there is help for him out there with social services.

https://bridgecitynews.ca/medicine-h...d-application/
This guy is the main suspect in a 1979 murder in Winnipeg and he also lived in the same apartment building in MH that 94 year old Hazel Lloyd was murdered in....and a women disappeared at 6:30 pm Dec 30....not saying its all related, but ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/medicinehat...t_for_being_a/
Old 01-20-2023, 09:54 AM

Living just on CPP and OAS is not easy.
I 'retired' at 60, then my wife and I went through some rather trying financial and health challenges (me with cancer, followed by the Ft. McMurray fire and housing crash). Due to her work we relocated to Ontario, and then in 2020 she lost her job due to COVID. Due to age she 'retired' last year and began getting her CPP and OAS. I also get a small 'other' pension from my former career. We can just make it on that, but that is because our landlord is very generous and we have a great deal on rent as 'caretaker tenants. If we had to pay market value for rent that alone would eat up all my pension income.
We've applied for GIS but haven't heard if we are eligible for anything yet.
We've had to make some significant adjustments financially - especially in the past year as inflation eats up more and more.
Good thing we have no debt!!!
We can't afford to buy any property due to the housing price crash in Ft. McMurray - unfortunately we 'lost' a lot on the house we sold there, and the outrageous price increases here in Kingston make housing unaffordable.
But we've got a decent place, a little 'farm of about 10 acres right in the city, so we've got room to play .
Fortunately I have some skills that help me make 'extra' money for 'playing'. Having been a former carpenter/cabinet maker/home renovator I do a bit of carpentry and renovation work for people.
Having been a preacher I preach about once a month and am fairly compensated with honorariums for doing so. And after moving here I worked for another 39 months as an interim pastor in various churches in the area, working at 60% part time, so that helped a lot.
And I just began a new career as my landlord has hired me to be a snowplow driver at several of his properties, so we do have a little bit of 'extra' income, so I say, let it snow, snow, snow! And he says maybe he'll take me on as a groundskeeper for several properties in the spring, summer and autumn months.
I fully expect I'll be working at one thing or another until my time is up here on planet earth!
Not complaining, we're blessed, got our health (generally), a warm, comfortable house to live in, good food, family all close by - kids and grandkids, still got my F-150 and quad, get to go hunting with my son, fishing with wife and grandkids. All is good
Old 01-20-2023, 11:06 AM

Be interesting to see how this plays out. If he gets convicted of kidnapping he will be spending sometime behind bars. Any truth to those other charges, have to wait and see how it all works out.