Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I don't know about going to the store with you guys again ..... last time was frighteningly expensive.........you guys are a very bad influence
The scary part is Roger making smart arsed comments to locals in the China town district.

Oh ya and the Devils Righthand's Girlfriend from outside of Uncle Ed's. That my friend was a truely scary thing.

As for you opening your wallet. Well that my friend was a truely remarkable and awe inspiring site, especially when the moths flew out of it.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 AM

Cordur wrote
Quote:
I'm not a patient person for idiots to begin with shopping to begin with, but I know this and just keep my mouth shut. I finally after waiting 30 minutes for this customer politely ask to take a look at a shotgun I want to buy.
30 min's you waited and your not a patient person for idiots to begin with . good one
Old 12-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
The scary part is Roger making smart arsed comments to locals in the China town district.
just like the movies...all orientals driving tuners know how to 'drift' just ask one..

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 12-15-2007, 03:59 PM

I mail order most of my stuff, becauase between slogging through 2 feet of snow to go south and the idjits on said snow covered trail, it's a lot easier to phone in an order.
Both P&D and Pud at Bashaw Sports are super, and both get me stuff sent up within two days.
I wouldn't even try to do stuff on a computer as far as mail order goes, becuase those things are evil!
Silverado was over trying to install my scanner so i could finish the raffle ticket things, and the thing started going "kittywonkus" on us!
Cat
Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM

looking into buying a muzzle loader in the new year. so i went over to wholesale sports to look at different makes modles. waited tell they called my number then ask the guy about muzzle loaders. told him that i was intrested in picking one up in the new year.he showed me a couple swedish makes, when i asked about thompson center arms he told me that you can't get them in canada. asked about looking at one wouldn't even take it off the rack. walked out won't go back..then i remembered someone said something about P&D went over to their shop WOW thompson center arms, talked to a older fellow there told him about wholsale he just laughed . he ansewed all my questions let me look at the guns showed me the different sabits, powder, everything. meet mullder will deffinitly buying my gun, loads and everything for my muzzleloader from P&D. now to learn more about them even sold my a book on them, so i can read up and make a good informed choice when i'm ready after christmas
Old 12-15-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I mail order most of my stuff, becauase between slogging through 2 feet of snow to go south and the idjits on said snow covered trail, it's a lot easier to phone in an order.
Both P&D and Pud at Bashaw Sports are super, and both get me stuff sent up within two days.
I wouldn't even try to do stuff on a computer as far as mail order goes, becuase those things are evil!
Silverado was over trying to install my scanner so i could finish the raffle ticket things, and the thing started going "kittywonkus" on us!
Cat
No No it's Kittywompas !!
Gees some guys.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Hey Mud Slug
Maybe it was the same guy who "helped" me last year and told me that Remmington doesn't manufacture 300wsm ammunition because that's a Winchester cartrige. They have some really knowlegable people working their gun counter.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:31 PM
willy11

Haven't shopped at WSP for about 2 years now, never will go back. Too many BS'ers behind the counter. I asked them once if there was something wrong with my money. They shrugged their shoulders. P&D is where it's at, and always stop there when in Edmonton.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:38 PM

Default yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDraw View Post
This rant about crappy service is old news. We have all had bad service, living in Calgary it happens on a daily basis. If you are that ****ed about bad service don't just write about it on an internet forum as that will have ZERO effect on the problem. Write the store owner or manager a letter about your crappy experience at their store if you feel so obliged to write about it........
I don't see the problem with venting on an intenet forum, sometimes thats all it takes just to feel better about the situation, ranting about it to a group of generally intelligent people who share the same interests and experiences that you have. Who's to say he didn't call or write the manager. When my new deer rifle that i ordered for this season (In August) showed up on the 3rd of December, you can bet I wrote a letter, an electronic one if fact. What happened for my trouble? NOTHING. I got a response that the problem was being looked into and that was it, not call back, not even an acknoledgement that I ever had a problem. As of today, I would be satisfied with an email from wholesale stating that I was the problem and should shop somewhere else if i don't like their service, just to know that there was some, if any, response to my email. Do you not complain about your job? Your spouse? The kid on the sidewalk that gave you a mean look on your way to the safeway last week? Everyone complains about something and there is nothing wrong in the media of choice to do it. And if you are tired of reading about rants of poor service, perhaps a thread titled FIREARMS STORE RANT should warn you not to read.

Wow, that felt good. Complaining is kind of fun
Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordur View Post
I've just finished reading through Dicks post about hunter ethics. Good read. Now I have a question about ethics in a firearms store. If you are waiting for the sale man at a counter and he is answering questions for a customer that the buyer really needs answered do you speak up? I almost always listen and just tell myself it's none of my business and it's not my store. But once in a while you just hear something being said that is so far out to lunch you just want to reach over and slap the clown that said it.

When do you cross the line of just trying to be helpful to being rude and speaking up when your opinion isn't wanted? What if it's not just opinion but outright fact?

It's hard when if you're like me and you are waiting to make a purchase and like yesterday I had some idiot ahead of me asking if a "Desert Eagle 50 cal is a revolver or a semi-automatic?" Then ask how much they are, be told $1975 for a base model, ask to see a catalog, whistle and talk about how he could never afford one of those with some "wash my mouth out with soap" sales guy keeps answering his questions like the idiot is actually going to pull out his f'ing wallet!!!! I'm not a patient person for idiots to begin with shopping to begin with, but I know this and just keep my mouth shut. I finally after waiting 30 minutes for this customer politely ask to take a look at a shotgun I want to buy. Then Mr. I've Never Seen An Action Movie And Don't Know What A Desert Eagle Is, wonders about what I am looking at. "Is that a shotgun?" "The barrel is pretty short." blah blah blah! I don't answer his questions but the sales guy does. WHY BOTHER???

Now usually if I can get what I want and leave the store quickly then I'm ok with that. Usually the longer you have to wait in line the more crap you hear and the more you are in fear for you life when out hunting later. I don't care if I'm outright lied to about something while I'm shopping as I don't listen to what the sales guy has to say anyways, but there should be a phone number these guys can call to ask a question. like 1-888-HUN-TING or something. Then we could just carry a few cards around and hand them out to people when they start asking questions. You'd get a qualified ballistics expert on the other end of the line.

Shooter: "Hi, I want to know if a 378 Weatherby will have enough hitting power for shooting deer and moose?"

Help Line: "Yes it will, but this caliber is for seasoned shooters, I can offer some better recommendations if you like?"

Shooter: "Yeah but I don't want the animal running away. Then I have to track it down."

Help Line: "There are many calibers that are adequate for hunting larger game but shot placement is the deciding factor more than caliber."

Shooter: "I didn't know that. Tell me more." or "I have no balls but a big rifle comes with those right?"

Sorry that last one was the frustration coming out again. But you get the picture. Some people have legitimate questions and could use sound advice. Just why to I have to listen to them get bad advice over and over again?

Apologies and I'll stop here for now....
Cordur, I have owned a retail store and been a salesman for 34 years. I interupt salesman who I feel are giving bad advice in stores all the time but I do it by trying to steer the customer to a more apropriate product that the store carries rather than try to blow the guys sale etirely.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 AM

This looks like Wholesale vs P&D... I wont go to P&D again after going in i talked to four people and was told they do not make .244 ammo and good luck finding it!!!..I was told no one has even heard of it.. So i then went to Wholesale and talked to Doug. He told me that was the name of the 6mm from 1958-1962 then Remington changed the twist rate from 1-12 to 1-10 and called it a 6mm. Sorry not a P&D fan...
Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 AM

Default information?

In my experience I haven't encountered too many staff at any gunshop that know about every cartridge that was ever made. Its even tougher when customers ask for something that they don't even know about themselves. I'm trying to think who the 4 guys were that couldn't have directed you to 6mm instead of 244. C'est lavie
Old 12-20-2007, 07:06 AM

This was over 5 years ago...And i understand that not everyone will know every cal but i just have not had good luck when dealing with Diane.(Rude) never happy.. maybe its just me..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
In my experience I haven't encountered too many staff at any gunshop that know about every cartridge that was ever made. Its even tougher when customers ask for something that they don't even know about themselves. I'm trying to think who the 4 guys were that couldn't have directed you to 6mm instead of 244. C'est lavie
Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 AM

Not just you on the Diane issue, i have only dealt with them a few times, but i always do my best to deal with anyone but her. Same issue, she alway comes off as cranky to me.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud slug View Post
looking into buying a muzzle loader in the new year. so i went over to wholesale sports to look at different makes modles. waited tell they called my number then ask the guy about muzzle loaders. told him that i was intrested in picking one up in the new year.he showed me a couple swedish makes, when i asked about thompson center arms he told me that you can't get them in canada. asked about looking at one wouldn't even take it off the rack.
That's a lot of questions you asked. And you weren't even planning to buy that day. You were lucky Cordur wasn't behind you in line that day
Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Cranky and then some

Have to agree with you on that one, she feels that the store just won't run right with out her........................ FS
Old 12-21-2007, 02:33 PM

"HI if anyone out in Alberta has seen or talked to Phantom can you please ask him to call Wholesale sports Edmonton regarding his truck.. It has been in the parking lot for three month's. Due to snow fall we need it moved or towed.. Thank you ...Wholesale 's phone number (780) 477-3737 Ask for a manager"

As quoted by "sickfast" in the "Phantom's truck" thread

I think perhaps "sickfast" works at Wholesale or at least has might tight ties with someone there.
Hmmmm

There are no absolutes
Old 12-22-2007, 05:38 AM

The Sporting goods business has been call a BS business for the same reasons listed above, differing opinions, someone has tried something new, new products. Just like this forum, everybody swapping stories, debating products. Maybe even buy some stuff. Hey it's all good.

This rant is the spawn of the big bitch about the crappy customer service.
It's always the other customer that is taking up the counter staff's time and you don't get the service YOU think you deserve/demand/wish you were the only person that mattered in the store cause your money and time are more important that all others.

Shopping online and mail order are a great option to having to put up with the poor excuse for customer service.

Two thumbs up for this forum, as there wouldn't be enough room at the gun counter for all of us to BS at once.

Have a nice Day
Phil