Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Browning .22 Pump

Aquired this rifle from my Grandpa, he bought it at an auction sale in the 60's and the lower stock was broken or missing. He made this one himself. Thats all the info I have on the gun. Does anyone know how I would find out how old it is, how many were made etc. ?

Last edited by BigBuck$; 07-03-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 PM

I think its called a "Trombone" (spelling?). These are fairly common and if in good shape can be worth a decent amount of money.

My dad has one, it was the first gun I ever fired. Still works great and is fun to shoot.

Thats all I know, anyone else?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Trombone

I have one that has been in the family since the 1920's. Made in Belgium by Fabrique Nationale (FN). I just did a quick google search. Apparently they were produced from 1922 to 1974.

Mine has been working since about 1924. My grandmother shot a moose with it in the '30's. My father shot deer with it. And I have shot grouse with it. Now my children are learning to shoot with it. That's four generations of shooting and still counting. Amazingly slick and reliable action. Great feel. Other than mine, I've only seen one at a show in Ft. McMurray a few years ago. It was selling for $400. at that time. It had far fewer bush miles on it than mine and it's original stock was still intact. Mine was broken over my father's dog's back when my father was a boy. The dog would eat the grouse feathers and all before my father could get to them, so probably that habit was broken...