Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 05:10 AM

Default History seems to repeat itself.

The fall of Rome all over again. This time Rome is North America.
It's happened before.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:02 AM

Sure got that right Piker !
Old 09-23-2017, 06:08 AM

Look what has happened in Europe in the last 100 years.
Who cares as long as it doesn't get to the point that it affect's me.
In the end we are all looozers.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 09-23-2017, 06:12 AM

Its all fo votes.

X means another X for the Liberal govt that pushed this through and made "Pat" feel important in upcoming elections.

If they change enough laws to cover all these different minorities to feel better , eventually they will have majority.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:39 AM

This sums it up.

https://youtu.be/IzNGkwGYE4E

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 09-23-2017, 06:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
How about the name? Will the future Nancy not go though a crisis later if she sorry I mean it found out her(having trouble writing this gender neutral) it was named Bart?

I can not tell if it is numbskull or enlightened
Easy fix, give them gender neutral names. Andy, Billie, Jo ....
Old 09-23-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post

You care entirely way to much about this non issue.

Societies evolve over time. Homosexuality was illegal back in the day and now it's not. Beating your wife used to be acceptable and now its' not. Modern society is just that.... modern.

Some things are better left in the past. If someone wants to stamp an "X" on their birth certificate then why not? Who are we to judge? WHO CARES?

It's like the people who are anti-abortion. WHO CARES??

Don't like the idea of getting an abortion.... don't get one! See how simple it is??

Unless you are yourself considering changing your gender on your birth certificate then why do you care so much?

Thanks for the post.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-23-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
If you are a male and want to identify as a female you have a psychological issue.
If you are a female and want to identify as a male you are equally retarded.

Personally, I could care less what people call themselves. That does not change the facts of biology.

Just don't spend my tax dollars trying to help morons who don't know what gender they are try and figure that out.

They can do that on their own dime.
Insulting people to fit your definition of who they are is a great example of why guys like you should have NO control over other people's private lives.

Last thing people in the world needs is having to live under your rules. Open up your own private life and all your glorious details and us decide your fate.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 09-23-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
https://education.alberta.ca/bullyin...ying-helpline/

Alberta has a bullying helpline for something that does not exist. More of tax dollars wasted...
Because bullying was a huge problem in school in the past and protections are in place does not mean it is rampant.

Yes it stil happens and yes kids get suspended or expelled if they harm others.

Again. Go ask a group of teens today if they care if a friend or school mate is gay, transgendered, ethnic etc.

You will be surprised biases of there parents are not pushed down to kids so easily.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
It is blatantly obvious to most of us here that it hurts our society. If you don't think it hurts you then either you don't care about the health and future of our society or your conception of hurt/harm is crudely limited to direct and physical effects.
Your world is not reality.

Average person doesn't care who you are so long as you're a nice person. Average person doesn't want you to conform to their own narrow judgemental opinions.
Average person would go fishing with someone as long as they are nice, friendly, good conversationalist and non judgemental.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 09-23-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Yes, societies evolve over time. That evolution is brought about and directed by the people in society who take responsibility - who care - for shaping its future. Hopefully, in a healthy and successful society, that change is shaped by wise people with a broad vision that's firmly grounded in history and reality.

If unhealthy trends occur in society, hopefully wise people will step up, point them out, and weed them out.

Your message here seems to be: "societies change so just accept it and don't care about it". No thanks. I'd rather do my part to guide society and not stand by and let the ambitious progressives guide us in a direction I consider harmful and dangerous.

The message "don't care unless it harms you personally" is equally misguided. By the time it harms you personally, it's probably too late to do anything about it. Would you not care about a grizzly bear stalking you unless it mauls you? By that point you're dead.
After reading your desire to make us all like you I can easily say I would trust my gay friends and not you.

Your constant weird and far reaching comparisons of why you feel justified in controlling others is telling.

Comparing to a rare situation in which a parent chooses an x on a birth certificate to a grizzly bear killing you is troubling.

Seems hate may be a stronger drive in you religious conservative thinking than you realize.

Remember it is not your role to judge and instead lead by your own example. In the meantime. Stay out of controlling other people's personal lives.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Your world is not reality.

Average person doesn't care who you are so long as your a nice person. Average person doesn't want you to conform to there own narrow judgemental opinions.
Average person would go fishing with someone as long as they are nice, friendly, good conversationalist and non judgemental.
Sure, and the average person would also vote against legislating a third imaginary gender.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "hating" an individual person who has a mental disorder and everything to do with directing the future of our society. We shouldn't encourage mental disorders. These people need treatment or they need to suck it up. They can't have everything they want just as none of us can have everything we want and that's an important part of life.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Remember it is not your role to judge and instead lead by your own example. In the meantime. Stay out of controlling other people's personal lives.
I'm hardly in the position of controlling anyone. My role is to work hard so the government can take 40% of my money away. Now you're telling me I shouldn't even "judge" or complain or care how they waste my money.

Sorry, but I'm just not the type of person to find solace in "not caring" about things as I'm ass-raped by the government and society is circling the drain. I view that not as the answer, but as a large part of the problem. If everyone cared and took responsibility we'd have a healthier society. More people cared 100, 200 years ago and they held the government in check.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I'm hardly in the position of controlling anyone. My role is to work hard so the government can take 40% of my money away. Now you're telling me I shouldn't even "judge" or complain or care how they waste my money.

Sorry, but I'm just not the type of person to find solace in "not caring" about things as I'm ass-raped by the government and society is circling the drain. I view that not as the answer, but as a large part of the problem. If everyone cared and took responsibility we'd have a healthier society. More people cared 100, 200 years ago and they held the government in check.
Canada has only been a country for 150 years. Back then there was a population of 3 million. I'm pretty sure Toronto alone has now than 5 million people so you see how the logistics have changed I'm sure.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:14 AM

I think anybody can do and be whatever they want. On the other hand we have created a political and legal industry around pushing individual identity and social agendas. If nobody cares about anybody's identity then why is imposing their identity on everyone such a priority. Nobody does really care until this agenda and lifestyle is pushed to the point it can no longer be ignored and uncared about. It is taught in schools, it is pushed on social media, tv, school policy, in government agendas, it's in your face everywhere and anybody who might have a different opinion or those who really don't care are forced to fully support this or are demonized and chastised as bigots if they don't fully support it. There is no middle ground allowed. The people who naturally find it offensive either religiously, or personally unacceptable or those who were born with instinct that makes them feel that this agenda is wrong and they're a lot of them. In fact I believe they are a majority but are being silenced and denied the right to express their feelings on the subject. It would seem one is not only not allowed to not give a crap but better be in support of it being taught to their children etc, or else be categorized as a alphabet homophobic bigot. This is an example of a minority dictating and imposing social policy on a majority. It has become just another industry for lawyers, politicians, professional activists, lobbyists, special interest groups etc whose only aim is to stir the beehive then use the social upheaval to create and start an industry that will feed off the taxpayer and line their pockets for years to come.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post

Whoop!!!!
there it is!!

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-23-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Sure, and the average person would also vote against legislating a third imaginary gender.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "hating" an individual person who has a mental disorder and everything to do with directing the future of our society. We shouldn't encourage mental disorders. These people need treatment or they need to suck it up. They can't have everything they want just as none of us can have everything we want and that's an important part of life.
Then I can understand your fear of what you don't understand. Clearly by stating your opinion that these are mental disorders conveys that.

You try hard to make this issue all about you however so far your concern revolves around others having to be just like you. News flash. Most people don't want to be like you. Nor like me. Nor like their neighbor. They just want to be without judgement from any person.

You don't know these people. You make guesses and assumptions and think the worst that drives your fevered concerns based upon the most far fetched comparisons.

Take a chill pill and don't worry. The x's arent surrounding your house. Live and let be.

And in a perfect world maybe chat with a few folks from the communities that concern you. You may make a friend.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Geez. We can agree on hating taxes for sure.

Political activism is very strong these days. In fact stronger than ever. Saying people cared more 100 or 200 years ago is again a big exaggeration. Tons couldn't read. Elite and royalty and church controlled everything. Slate mines in Wales had the church decide who works or not. Husband died and widow and kids could starve. Voting was nearly non existent and women had no rights. Not sure things were better then.

The government allowing a tiny fraction of society to put an x down on a form is inconsequential to you and your life and I am betting you are not getting an email update every time it happens or phone calls in the middle of the night giving you a tally.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Then I can understand your fear of what you don't understand. Clearly by stating your opinion that these are mental disorders conveys that.
No. The reason I consider the desire not to identify as either a male or a female to be a disorder is that it defies the most basic biological principle of mammalian reproduction. It's fundamentally not healthy.

Quote:
You try hard to make this issue all about you however so far your concern revolves around others having to be just like you.
We happen to live in a world which is heavily centrally-controlled and wherein we have a tiny amount of control. If we don't exercise our tiny amount of control then small, ambitious minorities will continue to exercise theirs to increase the size of the government and legislate stupidity into our society which hurts all the rest of us.

Quote:
News flash. Most people don't want to be like you. Nor like me. Nor like their neighbor. They just want to be without judgement from any person.
Nobody will ever be without judgement. It's deep within human nature to form judgements about all sorts of things, including other people. Anyone is welcome to ignore the judgements of others if they wish to. We cannot ignore the judgements of the bloated and overreaching government as they'll throw us in jail if we do.

Quote:
You don't know these people. You make guesses and assumptions ...
Of course it's impossible for me to know every person on the planet and thankfully I don't need to. Humans use generalizations and even guesses and assumptions and they are perfectly valid; everything in life is based on them. So while I don't know every individual SJW, I have a high level understanding of them as a group and I've seen many individual examples.

Quote:
And in a perfect world maybe chat with a few folks from the communities that concern you. You may make a friend.
One thing I know is that most of the progressive SJWs are not interested in chatting: they don't believe in it. They protest, they yell and scream, they call names and try to people fired, but they see little value in rational discourse.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:07 PM
Banned

Meh, let the gays and all the lgbtq`s live in peace. They ain`t going to breed and that's good because the world is at carrying capacity already. Just don`t touch my bum or my food.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Change is hard.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Change is hard.
Yup. Ignore or try and block change and get left behind or trampled.

World is constantly changing. Not to long ago guys like old Ken were dead set against women voting. Now the new Ken's see nothing wrong with it.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
No. The reason I consider the desire not to identify as either a male or a female to be a disorder is that it defies the most basic biological principle of mammalian reproduction. It's fundamentally not healthy.

You can have your anti gay anti other stuff mind set. Sadly you are in the dark ages on that and likely because you have zero knowledge and any friends that you may have that are gay hide that fact which is sad. As for someone wanting to put an x down on a form does not make them mentally ill. May not be your choice nor mine...but they don't harm us so who cares.

We happen to live in a world which is heavily centrally-controlled and wherein we have a tiny amount of control. If we don't exercise our tiny amount of control then small, ambitious minorities will continue to exercise theirs to increase the size of the government and legislate stupidity into our society which hurts all the rest of us.

Not sure what country you live in but Canada is a free country so long as you don't harm or risk harming others. You have the right to free speech which I also have a right to free speech.

Nobody will ever be without judgement. It's deep within human nature to form judgements about all sorts of things, including other people. Anyone is welcome to ignore the judgements of others if they wish to. We cannot ignore the judgements of the bloated and overreaching government as they'll throw us in jail if we do.

Being judgemental of others is wrong. As a thoughtful and caring human being once you realize you are trying to impart your judgement upon others you should take a step back...say ops. Sorry. You are free to live your life in Canada and I am as well. Therefore I won't judge you.

Of course it's impossible for me to know every person on the planet and thankfully I don't need to. Humans use generalizations and even guesses and assumptions and they are perfectly valid; everything in life is based on them. So while I don't know every individual SJW, I have a high level understanding of them as a group and I've seen many individual examples.

I strongly doubt you have as high a level of understanding as you think. It is not what you don't know it's what you believe is true that just ain't so. You judge then justify your judgement. Sorry. Doesn't wash with me.

One thing I know is that most of the progressive SJWs are not interested in chatting: they don't believe in it. They protest, they yell and scream, they call names and try to people fired, but they see little value in rational discourse.

Someone needs to point out to you that you are a SJW as well. You are just screaming about your opinion. Your own sense of social morality and values. Your own sense of how the rest of the world should act. Think about it. You are a SJW.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:13 PM

I self-identify as a Rolls Royce owner. I don't have one but I need one to live up to my expectations, should tax-payers foot the bill? I really want a Roller.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:28 PM

Monumental trainwreck thread.
Ib4tl

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-23-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I self-identify as a Rolls Royce owner. I don't have one but I need one to live up to my expectations, should tax-payers foot the bill? I really want a Roller.
Ok thats funny

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-23-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
If you are a male and want to identify as a female you have a psychological issue.
If you are a female and want to identify as a male you are equally retarded.

Personally, I could care less what people call themselves. That does not change the facts of biology.

So what you're saying is "homosexuality is a choice" yes? Not genetics. Same stance as the Muslim extremists take. Interesting.

Do you advocate killing them for making that "choice" as well?

BTW your use of the word ret***ed is probably offensive to some. If I had an autistic child or grandchild like some here might I'd engage you in a battle of intelligent repertoire excepting that would be totally unfair to you.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:34 PM

Does it really matter one way or another what sex birth certificate says? Does that info really have to be on there at all? Let's just take that line out and be done with it. I can't say I have ever been asked to produce my birth certificate to prove I'm male.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Change is hard.
Indeed. Likely much harder than some of you with your superficial and cliche idioms understand.

Quote:
Yup. Ignore or try and block change and get left behind or trampled.
Change too quickly and you die.

There's a reason we have conservatives and liberals and that conservatives are the larger in number: humanity has to balance sticking with tradition and what it knows to work and to be safe vs. exploring the unknown.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Indeed. Likely much harder than some of you with your superficial and cliche idioms understand.

Change too quickly and you die.

There's a reason we have conservatives and liberals and that conservatives are the larger in number: humanity has to balance sticking with tradition and what it knows to work and to be safe vs. exploring the unknown.
Change to slowly and you die. As for your point. Meh...

You can be a staunch conservative and be accepting of LGBTQ. You are pigeon holing people into the same cave as you for no reason.
Closed Thread