Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:40 PM

Default Sadly the world we live in is becoming increasingly stupid.

Who can you blame but us baby boomers that raised the numbskulls.

ST. JOHN’S, N.L. – Newfoundland and Labrador has announced it will allow gender-neutral birth certificates, short-circuiting a court battle with a prominent St. John’s activist.

The Liberal government said Thursday it will introduce legislation this fall allowing for a change of sex designation from female or male to non-binary.

Sex information will still be collected at birth, but people 12 and older will be able to choose an “X” on their birth certificate.

Currently, only the Northwest Territories allows gender-neutral birth certificates, while Ontario has said it plans to do so.

Newfoundland’s move Thursday stems from activist Gemma Hickey’s court challenge of the Vital Statistics Act, saying it contravenes the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

In a news release, the government said it will formally tell the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador on Friday that it plans to amend the law in the upcoming session of the provincial legislature.

The government said it will remove the requirement for a statement from a medical professional prior to a sex-designation change for those 16 and older.

It said children aged 12-15 will still require a parent to apply on their behalf, with the child’s consent also required.

In a statement provided by the government, Hickey praised the “historic legislation.”

“Having official documents that display how I identify is of great importance to me and many other non-binary Canadian,” Hickey said. “It ensures that non-binary people are not erased from society and reaffirms what experts have already confirmed: that there are more than two genders.”

Hickey, who runs a foundation for survivors of sexual abuse, has taken testosterone and is transmasculine, but identifies as non-binary. Hickey applied for a non-binary birth certificate in April and is believed to be the first in Canada to do so.

Sherry Gambin-Walsh, the minister for Service NL, said Thursday the government appreciated Hickey’s advocacy.

“Our government believes in equality for everyone. It is important that we remain progressive and continue to empower people with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions,” Gambin-Walsh said in a statement.

The government said collecting sex information at birth remains necessary to “maintain vital data that is valuable for a population.”

Ontario’s minister of government and consumer services, Tracy MacCharles, has said gender-neutral birth certificates could be issued in Ontario as early as next year, provided the province can work out bureaucratic hurdles involving other governments.

In British Columbia, Kori Doty, a parent who identifies as transgender and prefers the pronoun they, refused to provide the sex of their child Searyl to the government when they were born in November.

On Aug. 31, the federal government began allowing gender-neutral passports, the latest step in Ottawa’s plan to eventually allow individuals to identify their sex as “X” – that is, unspecified – on government-issued documents.

The initiative stems from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s promise to better reflect the gender diversity of Canadians.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/newfoun...ates-1.3600687

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-21-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Who can you blame but us baby boomers that raised the numbskulls.

ST. JOHN’S, N.L. – Newfoundland and Labrador has announced it will allow gender-neutral birth certificates, short-circuiting a court battle with a prominent St. John’s activist.

The Liberal government said Thursday it will introduce legislation this fall allowing for a change of sex designation from female or male to non-binary.

Sex information will still be collected at birth, but people 12 and older will be able to choose an “X” on their birth certificate.

Currently, only the Northwest Territories allows gender-neutral birth certificates, while Ontario has said it plans to do so.

Newfoundland’s move Thursday stems from activist Gemma Hickey’s court challenge of the Vital Statistics Act, saying it contravenes the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

In a news release, the government said it will formally tell the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador on Friday that it plans to amend the law in the upcoming session of the provincial legislature.

The government said it will remove the requirement for a statement from a medical professional prior to a sex-designation change for those 16 and older.

It said children aged 12-15 will still require a parent to apply on their behalf, with the child’s consent also required.

In a statement provided by the government, Hickey praised the “historic legislation.”

“Having official documents that display how I identify is of great importance to me and many other non-binary Canadian,” Hickey said. “It ensures that non-binary people are not erased from society and reaffirms what experts have already confirmed: that there are more than two genders.”

Hickey, who runs a foundation for survivors of sexual abuse, has taken testosterone and is transmasculine, but identifies as non-binary. Hickey applied for a non-binary birth certificate in April and is believed to be the first in Canada to do so.

Sherry Gambin-Walsh, the minister for Service NL, said Thursday the government appreciated Hickey’s advocacy.

“Our government believes in equality for everyone. It is important that we remain progressive and continue to empower people with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions,” Gambin-Walsh said in a statement.

The government said collecting sex information at birth remains necessary to “maintain vital data that is valuable for a population.”

Ontario’s minister of government and consumer services, Tracy MacCharles, has said gender-neutral birth certificates could be issued in Ontario as early as next year, provided the province can work out bureaucratic hurdles involving other governments.

In British Columbia, Kori Doty, a parent who identifies as transgender and prefers the pronoun they, refused to provide the sex of their child Searyl to the government when they were born in November.

On Aug. 31, the federal government began allowing gender-neutral passports, the latest step in Ottawa’s plan to eventually allow individuals to identify their sex as “X” – that is, unspecified – on government-issued documents.

The initiative stems from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s promise to better reflect the gender diversity of Canadians.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/newfoun...ates-1.3600687
Got to ask yourself "who cares?".

How are you personally harmed.

If you find you can think of nothing then don't worry about it. Individuals may find they have international travel limitations.

Outside of issues they themselves may face I can think of no reason for me to spend any time on this past passive blogging out of curiosity of those freaking out.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Banned

Nothing new, 40 years ago the " ADAMS Family TV Show " had a family member , went by the name " IT "

I can't recall anyone saying they didn't like " it" ,,,,
Old 09-21-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

If you find you can think of nothing then don't worry about it. Individuals may find they have international travel limitations.

Outside of issues they themselves may face I can think of no reason for me to spend any time on this past passive blogging out of curiosity of those freaking out.
Male and female is as basic as it gets, maybe people would be more comfortable with dick and no dick?

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-21-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Male and female is as basic as it gets, maybe people would be more comfortable with dick and no dick?
Sorry, but I did laugh at this, that is a truly funny line. I wonder if the mods would mind me putting that in my signature line?

The particular topic actually doesn't even bother me at this point, because your title covered it. The world is getting stupid. Nothing to be done, so I just try and live and let live and not get too worked up about it. What's the point? I could spend all damn day long being angry about something, and having anxiety attacks about the stupidity of our elected government wanting to tax me to death....but it makes no difference whatsoever.

I was at my drywall supply store the other day talking to the boys, and I told them I had this desire to be a nicer, kinder person, but I couldn't figure out how to do it....and then Eureka! I realized if I could just make all the stupid people around me that I constantly deal with, stop being so stupid, I too could be a better person. And I wondered how many people felt the same way about me.

Yep, live and let live. Even those with serious confusion and mental health issues who want to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79yYo2aOZs

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-21-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Some of us think on a larger scale. Somebody stole my neighbor's truck. I wasn't harmed. should I care?

Grizz
Old 09-21-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:

And another thing, how would you have liked to have started life with, your parents didn't want to call you a boy or a girl, you are an X. Yes that would be a grand start to life, how can the kid help but being as messed up as the parents. Stupidity.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-21-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Some of us think on a larger scale. Somebody stole my neighbor's truck. I wasn't harmed. should I care?

Grizz
In the latter situation, yes you should care. It is a an incidence of property crime in your neighbourhood therefore it effects you. You might even be one of the rare few who actually likes his neighbour. Then it would effect you because it had a negative effect on someone you like, and that's never good.

In the former situation, really, is a technicality on a birth certificate even going to ever have a minute effect on your daily life?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:51 PM

Cool Get A Grip !

OMG the sky is falling !!!

Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 PM

The world is messed up.

Instead of worrying about the health of a newborn, some parents are more concerned about 'x'?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:19 PM

Simple solution use chromosomal identifier

Mark as XX or XY or XXY etc.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 PM

How about the name? Will the future Nancy not go though a crisis later if she sorry I mean it found out her(having trouble writing this gender neutral) it was named Bart?

I can not tell if it is numbskull or enlightened
Old 09-21-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
So not being hurt. But not a decision you would make. Well neither would I and that is a choice.

So again. I know it in controversial and against your judgmental opinion. You are not harmed. So who cares.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-21-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
In the latter situation, yes you should care. It is a an incidence of property crime in your neighbourhood therefore it effects you. You might even be one of the rare few who actually likes his neighbour. Then it would effect you because it had a negative effect on someone you like, and that's never good.

In the former situation, really, is a technicality on a birth certificate even going to ever have a minute effect on your daily life?
Yup. Pretty common sense. Thanks for beating me to the punchline.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
And another thing, how would you have liked to have started life with, your parents didn't want to call you a boy or a girl, you are an X. Yes that would be a grand start to life, how can the kid help but being as messed up as the parents. Stupidity.
This day and age who cares. In twenty years who cares. When we were younger no one would of thought to ask and therefore wouldn't care.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
The world is messed up.

Instead of worrying about the health of a newborn, some parents are more concerned about 'x'?
Nope. Bigger issue is some bloggers are more concerned with "x" then helping solve auto crime.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:42 PM

Is this stuff really Happening?? Is there truly that many troubled and confused kids out there or is it trendy parents really just playing the game. Maybe I am that simple but if you pump your kids heads full of this crap it should damn near be child abuse.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbuster View Post
Is this stuff really Happening?? Is there truly that many troubled and confused kids out there or is it trendy parents really just playing the game. Maybe I am that simple but if you pump your kids heads full of this crap it should damn near be child abuse.
Not very often I am sure. It is not kids it is parents with new borns we are blogging about.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:12 PM

Thumbs down

It is truly astounding how little I care about these morons.
A nice hickory baseball bat to the back of the head of the 'parents to be' would solve a lot of these useless problems.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-21-2017, 10:21 PM

Good luck entering another country with "x" on your passport
Old 09-21-2017, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

Everyone should care. If you're having kids, grandkids, or great grandkids they're going to be indoctrinated with this crap in school. Our society in the future is going to have hiring quotas for non-binary gendered people. And so on and so on. They aren't stopping here by a long shot - not until someone stands up against them and forces them to stop. If people like you and me are too lazy or uncaring about the future of our family/society/culture/country then there's little hope for that future.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Some of us have the intellectual capacity to see beyond the immediate and direct consequences of an action. That so many don't possess this ability is largely why we're in the sad position that we're in: in decline with no end in sight. People like you won't care until it's too late, can't see the writing on the wall.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
So not being hurt. But not a decision you would make. Well neither would I and that is a choice.

So again. I know it in controversial and against your judgmental opinion. You are not harmed. So who cares.
The mental health bill will affect me, cause I will be paying more taxes for that kids counselling. So yes it does affect me.

The people to blame is media and social media. People think they get a prize when they do something against the norm or bizarrely different.

Big is beautiful, ya until you loose your foot to diabetes or need a kidney transplant.

Gender neutral is giving kids a choice, ya until they choose to hang themselves after being bullied in school.

If I seen an X on my birth certificate I would think my parents were complete idiots. It would affect me greatly because I know I would have gotten half my idiocy from my mother and the other half from my father, thus making me a 100% idiot.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM

Excellent take on the matter Fur. ^^^

X then becomes a number. That's why everyone should be concerned. Numbers are impersonal digits and expendable.

If you ever wanted to be the opposite sex I guess you can do it in Canada. This gal became a man on her ID.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZSefYvwM

Unfortunately this country has lost its way. And the corruption is so ingrained in the 'system' that there is not much hope for getting the right people voted in to manage our affairs.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-22-2017, 01:13 AM

Cool What ever happened to Live and Let Live ?

I thought 'I' was an Old Fart! Some of you guys here got me beat, BIG TIME !

I think it's time for another Dinosaur Mass Extinction
Old 09-22-2017, 05:31 AM

How will the parents know who is "Mom" and who is "Dad"? I can't fathom why so much attention is being forced on this issue. There are bigger fish to fry, is this merely a smoke and mirrors show?
Old 09-22-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
Everyone should care. If you're having kids, grandkids, or great grandkids they're going to be indoctrinated with this crap in school. Our society in the future is going to have hiring quotas for non-binary gendered people. And so on and so on. They aren't stopping here by a long shot - not until someone stands up against them and forces them to stop. If people like you and me are too lazy or uncaring about the future of our family/society/culture/country then there's little hope for that future.
A controlling position over others person life choices is a fine example of exactly what we should be minding our own businesses on.

Taking a religious or political stance on telling others how to live their life when you are not harmed holds zero value.

Now if you want to remove politics and religion truly from schools that is a good thing. Socialism indoctrination is definitely occurring today which was not happening when I was a kid.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
Good luck entering another country with "x" on your passport
I agree as I mentioned above. The one technical flaw but once the kid is older presumably the parents can adjust their thinking.

Remember nothing is fixed and set in stone.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
Some of us have the intellectual capacity to see beyond the immediate and direct consequences of an action. That so many don't possess this ability is largely why we're in the sad position that we're in: in decline with no end in sight. People like you won't care until it's too late, can't see the writing on the wall.
Your post didn't answer the question. How are you personally going to be harmed. I will open up the field to requesting 3 good examples. Maybe I haven't thought of them and they are valid.

Otherwise demanding someone live as you do is a pointless but self gratifying position once in.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
The mental health bill will affect me, cause I will be paying more taxes for that kids counselling. So yes it does affect me.

The people to blame is media and social media. People think they get a prize when they do something against the norm or bizarrely different.

Big is beautiful, ya until you loose your foot to diabetes or need a kidney transplant.

Gender neutral is giving kids a choice, ya until they choose to hang themselves after being bullied in school.

If I seen an X on my birth certificate I would think my parents were complete idiots. It would affect me greatly because I know I would have gotten half my idiocy from my mother and the other half from my father, thus making me a 100% idiot.
You lived in different times. Today being different in school is not an invitation to bully. Plus what kid will even know this fact until much older. Then do you suppose they will print posters and distribute around the school or text x to everyone?

Likely the kid will be told or notice as they mature. Ask why. Then say ok. I am a female I will make the change on my documents.

You are grossly exaggerating any bills.
Closed Thread