Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Default Burris Eliminator III vs 2 and 1...

Hello ABO Forum

I am looking for some input in regards to the new Burris Eliminator scope. Basically I am trying to decide if it is improved enough over the previous models to justify the extra $$$ and the extra effort in waiting / finding one. I have looked through and shot the original scope but have not be able to get my hands on a new eliminator III. If anyone has any insights / experiences they are willing to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your information
Old 10-20-2012, 06:55 PM

I have the Eliminator on a .308 and it works perfect. It works better in colder temps if ya swap the battery with the one provided with the BRxxx equivalent.
Hint. The Eliminator II and Eliminator III will work with the bullet drop compensation at any magnification.
The Eliminator I or the original will only provide accurate bullet drop compenation holdover when the scope is on MAXIMUM magnification.
This sounds like a big deal but when the target is 100-200 yards away your round is not gonna drop enough that the holdover is as huge of a deal anyway. Plus the original can be found for about 1/2 price of the model II and III version.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:54 PM

Default doubts about which burris to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucecan View Post
I have the Eliminator on a .308 and it works perfect. It works better in colder temps if ya swap the battery with the one provided with the BRxxx equivalent.
Hint. The Eliminator II and Eliminator III will work with the bullet drop compensation at any magnification.
The Eliminator I or the original will only provide accurate bullet drop compenation holdover when the scope is on MAXIMUM magnification.
This sounds like a big deal but when the target is 100-200 yards away your round is not gonna drop enough that the holdover is as huge of a deal anyway. Plus the original can be found for about 1/2 price of the model II and III version.
Hello dear.
Hi, I have a question about the product Burris eliminator 4-16x50 mm of the burris. I intend to buy a scope of this model, however I would like to know if in the table of burris exists calculations that meets distances of 50 to 200 or 300 meters to practice with a rimfire gun, caliber .22, because, I can not find the sale of the model of Burris geração II 4-12x42 m. ie if I buy the current model, generation 3 of Burris, could I practice with a caliber as low as .22?
: pensando-006:
Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 PM

I had a 2 a few years back,really liked it,I could bang gongs with it out to 600 yards all day long.It worked great for hunting also.Shot quite a few coyotes with it mounted on a 243.A friend has the 3 now and it works great also.The 3 is harder to set but once you figure it out they are very accurate.They aren't the lightest either.It really got me shooting distances but now I prefer turrets.The 3 ranges to 800 yards and 2 to 600 if i remember correctly.The glass on them isn't the best but its alright,I found them hard to see with after I used my sightron,its hard to go down in glass.
I might buy another some day for a hunting rifle.