Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Default Way to go Uruguay!! Marijuana completely legal.

Uruguay Becomes First Country In World To Fully Legalize Cannabis:

Great Video clip.

Quote:
The bill passed on Wednesday effectively integrates elements of Colorado’s and Washington’s laws with innovations from Europe and provisions unique to Uruguay. Adults are permitted to cultivate up to six plants; cooperatives can provide marijuana for a limited number of members; and pharmacies can sell it. Sales to minors, driving under the influence and all forms of advertising are prohibited. This new model will be of great interest to advocates and legislators in other countries, and of course in the growing number of U.S. states in which a majority of citizens now favor legalizing marijuana.

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 08-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Banned

I wonder what Barki will have to say to this.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned

I don`t want to move to Uruguay.too many U`s in the name.
I can barely spell Canadada.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned

Passed Wednesday.

I'll give the US a couple months before they dig up an excuse to label Uruguay an outlaw terrorist state and start trade sanctions....if tyhey havn't already done that.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Passed Wednesday.

I'll give the US a couple months before they dig up an excuse to label Uruguay an outlaw terrorist state and start trade sanctions....if tyhey havn't already done that.
Not sure they'll go that far, but I would imagine the US gov. Will take issue with their decision.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
Not sure they'll go that far, but I would imagine the US gov. Will take issue with their decision.
Every time it is suggested here... the US through the DEA funds lobbiests and propoganda ads to be unleashed on Canada.
They air commercoials on Cnadioan TV, they buy ad space in newspapers... they go whole hog.
Further the direct political pressure has been well documented.

THe US sees nothing srong with tryiong to impose its will upon the internal affairs of its enemies and "friends" alike.

Land of the free....should be called land of the rude butinski.

Watch...if Trudea keeps yapping about pot...the US government will begin to make comments during our next election in an atempt to influence the outcome.
When it comes down to it....to our friends in the south...we are all nothing more than Honduras, Nicaragua, Panamama, Afghanistan, Iraq etc etc .... to them...unless we behave exactly as they wish.

Look what happened when we chose to stay out of Iraq.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
Sure, let's legalize rape, murder and robbery so we can win that war as well.

Grizz
Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM

Perfect, hopefully all the retards that use the crap up here, will move down there!

Win win, no more crap on our streets or low life's that use it....heck I'll pinch in and put $100 to send someone down there forever .
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Yeah cuz smoking a joint is the equivalent to raping women, murdering and robbery.
Great analogy.

I guess once you've been brainwashed, there really is no turning back.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM

I have been to Uruguay and have friends there.

Had a great time there. I was at a meeting and I vividly recall that we had a reception, and they were pouring about 3 ounces of Scotch into everyone's glass--quite a party! Things livened up pretty fast!

I would happily go back......though I don't smoke either regular or 'wacky' tobacco.

I have mixed feelings about legalizing MJ.......though the so called 'war on drugs' has cost a mountain of money and victory is NOT in sight!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Banned

There's LOTS of pies the gov needs to get it's fingers out of.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 PM

They must be high.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Grizz

HOLY CARP!!!!!
WTFrigg are you talking about man!!!!
Smoke a fatty and chill brah....then take a REALITY chill pill.
Your analogy is so far off the charts.....dont sign any legal documents in your state of mind please.

Ya I know ur jokn
Old 08-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Grizz
Oh...when did we declare war on those things?

I though we only declared war on victimless crime over something God created.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Perfect, hopefully all the retards that use the crap up here, will move down there!

Win win, no more crap on our streets or low life's that use it....heck I'll pinch in and put $100 to send someone down there forever .
Doubt it...all the retards that bought Reagans line of BS didn't move to the US.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGiant View Post
HOLY CARP!!!!!
WTFrigg are you talking about man!!!!
Smoke a fatty and chill brah....then take a REALITY chill pill.
Your analogy is so far off the charts.....dont sign any legal documents in your state of mind please.

Ya I know ur jokn
Ummmm. How do I put this?

Is your wife's name BETH by any chance........Dawg?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Ummmm. How do I put this?

Is your wife's name BETH by any chance........Dawg?
He's the Dawg... the big bad Daaaawg... The Ice Cream Hunter! do..dee.. dew..dee..do-dee..do.

No ice in paradise.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:

Wow, that might just be the dumbest thing I have ever read anywhere in my life. Congrats on your tunnel vision perspectives! I know a lot of people that smoke pot and run successful lives. It's marijuana...not crack cocaine bud.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah cuz smoking a joint is the equivalent to raping women, murdering and robbery.
Great analogy.

Kinda like, "winning the war"? Never ceases to amaze me, we've done everything but criminalize it to discourage tobacco consumtion and we want to legalize another toxic substance for people to inhale. Don't tell me it's less harmful either, your lungs are made to breathe air, not complex chemicals, the effects of which don't fully understand. They told us tobacco was harmless for eons as well.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 08-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
Wow, that might just be the dumbest thing I have ever read anywhere in my life. Congrats on your tunnel vision perspectives! I know a lot of people that smoke pot and run successful lives. It's marijuana...not crack cocaine bud.
It's all the same bud! A drug is a drug and a drugie is still a waste of skin.You and me , I'm sure we have a huge difference in what successful is as well.

Last edited by pottymouth; 08-11-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 08-11-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Great analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
Well said!

Quote:
Kinda like, "winning the war"? Never ceases to amaze me, we've done everything but criminalize it to discourage tobacco consumtion and we want to legalize another toxic substance for people to inhale. Don't tell me it's less harmful either, your lungs are made to breathe air, not complex chemicals, the effects of which don't fully understand. They told us tobacco was harmless for eons as well.

Grizz
Is tobacco or pot any worse than alcohol?

Quote:
It's all the same bud! A drug is a drug and a drugie is still a waste of skin.You and me , I'm sure have a huge difference in what successful is as well.
Is a drunk any more successful than someone who partakes in the bud? As with all things, there are those who may drink responsibly and live a productive life and there are many who smoke responsibly and live a productive life. Then there are those who allow these substances to ruin them and their families, that is the individual, not the substance.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:10 AM

What's next......Is Bolivia going to legalize cocaine!!! Or should I say "marching powder"
Old 08-11-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:

I agree 100%

Quote:
It's all the same bud! A drug is a drug and a drugie is still a waste of skin.You and me , I'm sure (we) have a huge difference in what successful is as well.
Pottymouth for PM!

I would jail the entire fricken works for life if I could, users, growers, distributors, everyone. New jail under the ice in Antarctica.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Grizz
Why would you care what other people do to thier bodies. If someone wants to destroy thier lungs have at er.

Originally Posted by pottymouth

Pottymouth, not all are ray tards and the way your post reads you sound uneducated about marijuana and maybe life in general.

I was in a $2000000 lakefront home last night surfing behind a $100,000 boat. The owner smokes weed and has a very sucsessful career. Come to think of it mostly all my sucsessful friends smoke. These are people that are busines owners, energy traders, sales managers, online and storefront owners, the list can go on.

People like potty mouth don't relize that the marijuana business in Canada is a multi-BILLION dollar buisnes that criminals have. Good on Uruguay for regulating it. Hopefully the country can use the money for good instead of criminals using the money for harm.

P.S.
The guys I know that we're "left behind" we're ALL alcoholics. I am not bashing people that abuse alcohol here I just think it's sad.

Last edited by Ruger1022; 08-11-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I agree 100%

Pottymouth for PM!

I would jail the entire fricken works for life if I could, users, growers, distributors, everyone. New jail under the ice in Antarctica.

Just remember Ken, Criminals are going to continue to make Billions of dollars a year selling weed alone funding who knows what. When the government could be regulating and using the funds to, maybe hire more firefighters, teachers, doctors, ect.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 AM

I don't smoke pot anymore; been well beyond a decade since I touched the stuff, and over 2 decades since I would be considered a "pot smoker". Why don't I? Probably the same reason that I don't get drunk anymore: I like being sober.

I hope the "holier than thou" crowd live COMPLETELY sober live and abstain from all vice - no cigarettes, no alcohol, no "prescription" medications, no coffee, no tea, no erectile disfunction pills. If not then your dissonance between your behavior and marijuana is beyond hypocrisy, it is laughably embarrassing.

I say good for Uruguay; maybe a few hundred other countries in the world will finally get out from under the US's ridiculous drug policy, in regard to marijuana.

If someone wants to spend their life it is not any of my business, and it shouldn't be anyone else's.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Why would you care what other people do to thier bodies. [quote]

There's the problem. We've come to the point where you can you whatever you want, long as it doesn't affect me. But it does, in ways you can't even think of, in the long term, Health care being the most obvious. Ah, You're right, too many people on the planet and we're doomed anyway.

Grizz
Old 08-11-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
Why would you care what other people do to thier bodies. If someone wants to destroy thier lungs have at er.

Originally Posted by pottymouth

Pottymouth, not all are ray tards and the way your post reads you sound uneducated about marijuana and maybe life in general.

I was in a $2000000 lakefront home last night surfing behind a $100,000 boat. The owner smokes weed and has a very sucsessful career. Come to think of it mostly all my sucsessful friends smoke. These are people that are busines owners, energy traders, sales managers, online and storefront owners, the list can go on.

People like potty mouth don't relize that the marijuana business in Canada is a multi-BILLION dollar buisnes that criminals have. Good on Uruguay for regulating it. Hopefully the country can use the money for good instead of criminals using the money for harm.

P.S.
The guys I know that we're "left behind" we're ALL alcoholics. I am not bashing people that abuse alcohol here I just think it's sad.
Again our opinions of success , differ..... You buddy doesn't impress me either....

Perhaps since the poor mans drug has been claimed, we should pounce on the opportunity to claim the rich man drug cocaine...

To have as strong opinion as I do towards drugs In general, I'm willing to bet that I have much more experience, than the guys who see it as a good time toke around the camp fire or on the boat. My family nor I have never touched any drug in our lives. But I've had to live through a lot of the dark sides of it, in all fascists of it. Don't tell me about being uneducated.....

And I don't care if it is a multi billion dollar industry , in the hands of dealers or government it makes no difference to the children on the playground, or the civilians that have to sit beside it, in the public...

Would you allow your 3 year old to be present while your buddy exhaled towards your child? Would you allow your child to smoke it?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Would you allow your 3 year old to be present while your buddy exhaled towards your child? Would you allow your child to smoke it?
Such a stupid comparison. Would you allow your 3 year old to be around a party of adults drinking heavily? Would you allow your 3 year old to drink it?

It IS possible to be a pot smoker and be responsible with it. Although obviously you can't seem to grasp that.
Just as it's possible to be a responsible drinker.