Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2015, 05:21 AM

Default Right response for right bear

You need to use the right response for the right type a bear. Apparently if you do not respond the right way you will not have the right outcome.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/bullet-fir...100000546.html
Old 12-24-2015, 07:02 AM

and good article

In this case, it was obvious that they were dealing with a 'predatory' bear (hunting for food). Unfortunately, in sudden encounters, it's not always that easy to tell.

Mac
Old 12-24-2015, 07:37 AM

Good article and all I can say is what an AZZ the coroner is !!!
The lady is dead by no fault of here own , husbad was doing all he could to save her , bear would have killed her if hubby hadnt shot it and now the coroner has the gall to say that a shot taken by the husband is what actually killed her ? As if the husband doesnt have enough to deal with after losing his wife ,the outcome is the same and sometimes things are better left unsaid even if they are true .
Old 12-24-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
The lady is dead by no fault of here own , husbad was doing all he could to save her , bear would have killed her if hubby hadnt shot it and now the coroner has the gall to say that a shot taken by the husband is what actually killed her ? As if the husband doesnt have enough to deal with after losing his wife ,the outcome is the same and sometimes things are better left unsaid even if they are true .
Not the way it works, but I get what you're saying. Wouldn't want that job for any money.

"....Couldn't find evidence of a bullet wound...." That'll tell you what condition the poor lady was in. Sad situation all around.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
That ^ would be; "The wrong response to the right coroner's report"

Hint ... Google 'Coroner', and look up the profession's legal duties and responsibilities.

Mac
Old 12-24-2015, 10:27 AM

What a terrible No-Win Situation to find oneself in. That poor guy, guilt now heaped on more guilt over his wife's death and more questions of "what if" to keep having to ask himself whenever the mind is left to wander.
Nothing a person can say or do can ever make this better for him I am afraid.
I wish him all the best.

Jim
Old 12-24-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfton View Post
What a terrible No-Win Situation to find oneself in. That poor guy, guilt now heaped on more guilt over his wife's death and more questions of "what if" to keep having to ask himself whenever the mind is left to wander.
Nothing a person can say or do can ever make this better for him I am afraid.
I wish him all the best.

Jim
I feel the same way. A horrible situation, indeed.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Gotta love the day after second guessers in stories like this.

Grizz
Old 12-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is indeed a tragic story, but I must disagree with H on this one. Asking someone in authority to lie, esp. about something as serious as a cause of death should never be condoned.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Banned

Something just occured to me. I wonder if that lady had life ins, and if so, the fact that she was killed by a bullet fired by her husband would negate an ins. policy?
Old 12-24-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Something just occured to me. I wonder if that lady had life ins, and if so, the fact that she was killed by a bullet fired by her husband would negate an ins. policy?
But it was a shot that bounced off the tree then hit her
Old 12-24-2015, 05:35 PM

The coroner's job is to establish cause of death. She was unfortunately killed by a her husband's shot. That does in anyway take away from what he did, or tried to do. That bear meant to kill her, there is nothing else for it. I don't think that because her husband had a bullet deflect off a branch and strike her instead did nothing to change the outcome just the timeline.

I hope that they can both find peace.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
But it was a shot that bounced off the tree then hit her
I agree it was an accident that happened while trying to save her life, but doesen't change the fact he fired the shot. Like I said, I just wonder what ins. co. would say.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:46 AM

Ouch , that's horrific!
Old 12-25-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I agree it was an accident that happened while trying to save her life, but doesen't change the fact he fired the shot. Like I said, I just wonder what ins. co. would say.
They will deny it, that's what there best at doing, what ever they can do to get out of paying
Old 12-25-2015, 09:28 PM

Sad situation there for sure. It don't help the poor guy and may sound quite callous but in some respects it ended her suffering as she was still being chewed on by the animal. If she was in such bad shape that they couldnt tell if there was an entry wound from a bullet what were her chances of survival providing the animal stopped right then and there with how far she was from a hospital? Only God knows and I hope the husband can find peace with it all.