Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2018, 07:14 PM

Wow, that makes the silent treatment I am getting from the wife right now seem like a welcome annoyance. Hope you have 10 straight great weeks. Buy a lotto ticket too. Luck has got to change.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
I had a pretty decent comedy of errors going last Thursday that carried right over into Friday.

Thursday evening was beautiful, the boy (8 years old) and I decided we should go to the cabin, enjoy the sunshine and get the grass cut. 45 min drive and a couple of hours to cut the grass. We figured the law could use some water so we got that going. The boy decides he want's to take the golf cart for a drive while the water is running. Great, he can drive the golf cart and I can have a cold beer. Perfect day.

As far away as possible the golf cart quits. No big deal, for some reason (the wife didn't plug it in properly) the batteries are dead. 1/2 hour walk and get a quad and pull it back. Time is burning up, as soon as we get the golf cart put away I look at my watch and it's bed time for the boy. Mamma going to be getting upset if we don't leave now.

Jump in the truck, beautiful drive. About 1/2 way home I get a good smell of coolant. Pull over and radiator is leaking. No problem, the next one will be radiator #4 for that truck so it was due anyway. There is still some coolant in the overflow so carry on home and I will for sure remember to put some coolant in it in the morning.

Get home, wife says no hot water. Go downstairs and the heat exchanger in the tankless heater let go and we have a little flood. OH WELL, most of it went down the floor drain. Pull some carpet, shop vac, get rid of underlay and get some fans running. Nearly midnight, off to bed.

4:30 AM my phone goes off and it't the leak detector in the crawl space at the cabin. Can't be, it only floods in the spring if the snow melts real fast. Gotta be a false alarm. Lay back down. 4:35 I start thinking .... what if I left the water on the lawn at the cabin? No way, I would have remembered to turn that off. A little arguing with myself and at 4:37 it's up and into the shower. OH YA, no hot water, no shower.

Jump in truck and drive for about 10 min .... coolant smell. Turn around and go back home and put some coolant in. Back on the road. Get out to the cabin and sure enough the water is on full blast and the crawl space is flooded. No big deal, the pump and hose is all still down there from the spring flood. Pump it out and we are good.

Driving to work and the wife calls. I ask her how the cold shower was. Some yelling and swearing and why didn't I fix it. Me trying to explain you can't just "fix it", needs a new heat exchanger or maybe a new heater. More yelling and when will it be fixed and where the hell did you go at 4:30 in the morning?

"Well dear, I went to the cabin so I could have a nice, long, hot shower!!". She really doesn't need to know about the lawn watering incident LOL
Now that there is what I'm talking about
Old 06-25-2018, 08:53 PM
Banned

Yesterday was particularly bad. I woke up with Dancing Queen by Abba going through my head and sometime in the afternoon it switched to Waterloo, and its still playing. So 2 days
Old 06-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Yesterday was particularly bad. I woke up with Dancing Queen by Abba going through my head and sometime in the afternoon it switched to Waterloo, and its still playing. So 2 days
Freeking PRICELESS
Old 06-25-2018, 11:28 PM

My "day" was in College. I had a summer coop job surveying and construction site inspecting. Early in the afternoon I got a call from my supervisor who told me I needed to head over to a site about an hour away from where I was to provide some survey. So I hop in my Chevy S10 which had no AC and started cruising down the highway windows down because it was thirty degrees out. I came around a corner and just as I passed by an oncoming gravel truck I heard a loud crack just behind my head. I looked behind me and the entire window was fragmented into little bits, but still in place. Then another oncoming truck passed by and the air pressure blew all the glass into the truck. Oh well I thought and carried on as there was little I could do. A short while later I pulled into the site I was supposed to survey at which had received 6+inches of rain the previous weekend. Needless to say the usual path into the site was a disaster so I looked for what I thought was a way around. Being young and stupid, I put the truck in 4x4 and proceeded to drive directly into the softest deepest hole on site. A short time later the foreman pulled up with his truck and offered to pull me out. I hooked the rope onto my bumper and he gave me a good yank and pulled me out, got out to unhook the rope and found my bumper was now more of a v shape and that it had crushed the rear bedsides. You sometimes just have to laugh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Wow, that makes the silent treatment I am getting from the wife right now seem like a welcome annoyance. Hope you have 10 straight great weeks. Buy a lotto ticket too. Luck has got to change.
It's all good. We got the wife hot water Friday afternoon so I am long out of the doghouse. That's all that really matters. Hope you are not too far behind.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 AM

Well mark down Jun,26th 2018 as a bad day. HR department emailed me this morning. Apparently I am pushing the line on a few company policies. According to their records I've got roughly 38 days over my yearly allotment of holidays banked. They would like me to conform to contemporary standards
and book a week a month off extra between now and the end of the year. That drastically changes my hunting season this coming fall. Sad part is by the end of the year I'll have accrued quite a few more and I have to repeat again next year until I'm closer to company policy.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:52 AM

I just had another one of those days

Getting out of the upstairs shower just a few minutes ago on the 2nd storey and see a large fly I had been chasing all day yesterday.
The fly was trapped between the sliding glass window and the screen.
Because I had the wet towel still in my hand I made a fateful decision to quickly slide the window open and flick the fly with my wet towel.

It Worked

Deadly accurate and confident of a clean kill as I watched my entire screen panel and frame arc out into space and fly onto my neighbors patio almost smoking him in the head as he tinkered with his soldering iron at his patio table.

As I leaned out the open space to survey the damage and offer an apology to my visibly shaken neighbor a spanky new fly flew into the bathroom.

Oh the humanity!!!

Any tips on straightening a aluminum screen frame?

Last edited by omega50; 07-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:40 PM

Making breakfast yesterday and was going to make over easy eggs. Small Skillet is centered on the coil element and I cracked the egg quickly without looking and dropped it in in the pan. Looked back and no egg yolk in the pan. I am looking , but can't find it. Where the heck did it go?

Somehow it slide unbroken under the coil element.

Yay me

Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 PM

After supper my 10 year old son and I will continue our paused game of Risk and he can continue absolutely stomping me in his first-ever go at the game.

I'm totally throwing it for his benefit, yeah, that's the ticket.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Making breakfast yesterday and was going to make over easy eggs. Small Skillet is centered on the coil element and I cracked the egg quickly without looking and dropped it in in the pan. Looked back and no egg yolk in the pan. I am looking , but can't find it. Where the heck did it go?

Somehow it slide unbroken under the coil element.

Yay me

That is some serious TALENT
Old 08-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Banned

Default Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Cupboard doors are proof that satan is real and out to get us!
Lol good one
Old 08-14-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Ah CRAP THANKS!!
Yup, Waterloo is in my head in stereo and cranked to 11!!
Cat
Old 12-11-2018, 11:43 AM

Cleaning bubble gum out of my ass crack. Don't ask
Old 12-11-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Avoiding exposure of it is the first step towards prevention!

https://www.duluthtrading.com/crack-...gtail-t-shirts
Old 12-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Were you trying to give yourself a Brazilian Wax?

BW
Old 12-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Long session. Had gum in my mouth and my cell rang-Spit my gum onto my wadded toilet paper and answered my phone-Not paying attention until I went to wipe and snagged the hair around my Fu-Fu Valve
Old 12-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Long session. Had gum in my mouth and my cell rang-Spit my gum onto my wadded toilet paper and answered my phone-Not paying attention until I went to wipe and snagged the hair around my Fu-Fu Valve
You can't even make stuff up like this!!