Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2022, 10:49 AM

Default Hit me

If someone is egging you on to hit them, are you allowed to hit them with no fear of consequences? If not can we pls change the law to allow you to punch them.

If someone tells me to help lift a heavy box, I help lift the box.

If someone tells me to open the door for them, I open the door.

If some jack knob is acting tough saying "hit me hit me go ahead and hit me", why the heck can't I hit them???

Now I'm not some tough guy looking for trouble. But watching all these Karen videos where people let their mouths do too much talking makes me really wish people would use their mouths less and their fists more.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2022, 10:51 AM

I approve of your thoughts Bacon!!!!
Old 01-21-2022, 11:03 AM

Like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUActHAQaKA
Old 01-21-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
And then send him home with a broken rib to boot!!

Old 01-21-2022, 12:59 PM

If he is begging for it just deck him and don't worry about it
Old 01-21-2022, 01:13 PM

Just make sure you deck them hard enough that they cant get up. Once more for good measure if there are no cameras

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-21-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I hate to be the contrarian, but you are suggesting that a Glory Kick after the other combatant gives up is not an Assault?

Think of the Marquess of Queensbury rules of boxing. Consent will not operate when one party stops and surrenders.

As for onus of proof, can you really prove in a Court of Law that someone was consenting to a fight in the first place?

I appreciate that beer googles have bent the perception of many a person facing Criminal Charges on both sides, but there are better ways to deal with a conflict.

Drewski
Old 01-21-2022, 01:44 PM

Love this. Ron Swanson is THE MAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__e9uHqJoZU

Last edited by Albertadiver; 01-21-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
I hate to be the contrarian, but you are suggesting that a Glory Kick after the other combatant gives up is not an Assault?

Think of the Marquess of Queensbury rules of boxing. Consent will not operate when one party stops and surrenders.

As for onus of proof, can you really prove in a Court of Law that someone was consenting to a fight in the first place?

I appreciate that beer googles have bent the perception of many a person facing Criminal Charges on both sides, but there are better ways to deal with a conflict.

Drewski
I do think the kick to the ribs was uncalled for. The guy clearly gave up. But everything up to that point was A ok in my books.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:57 PM

Unfortunately in the real world there is no jury standing by to make a decision for you trying to reason with an attacker rarely works.

I was attacked by a stranger for no reason didn't even make eye contact, out of the corner of my eye I saw him try to sucker punch me.
I reacted with training I received early in life by blocking his arm and placing my hand on his face asking WTH?
He bit me on the hand I reacted again by kneeing him in the stomach and breaking his nose, undeterred he kept coming at me I continued to block punch's until a police officer tackled him and put him in cuffs.
This guy was just randomly attacking whoever was in his path he would not stop, the punch to the nose only stunned him for a second before he resumed his attack.

Judges and lawyers are book read people real life is much different
Old 01-21-2022, 02:00 PM

I was charged with assault for throwing the first punch but i will be damned if im going to let them get the first jab on me.
The charges were dropped eventually
Old 01-21-2022, 02:43 PM

The right of your fist ends where my nose begins.

Just remember that 1 line.

Google Westboro church.

They are a family of lawyers that got rich getting people to attack them and then suing them.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-21-2022, 02:52 PM

The streets are not a ring.
I was accosted in the GTA years ago. After punching the fellow and breaking his nose he put his hands up just like that. I left him alone and turned slightly to see if my younger sister was ok and got sucker punched in the back of the head for it. Another nose punch then a swift kick in the crotch then one more kick to the ribs when he was down...my take away....if some comes at you for no reason...( this guy was drunk and confused me for someone he had a beef with) I wont stop until he is on the ground...fake submission is just that...no rules on the street..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2022, 02:55 PM

In the past, certain individuals didn't even have to beg
Old 01-21-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The right of your fist ends where my nose begins.

Just remember that 1 line.

Google Westboro church.

They are a family of lawyers that got rich getting people to attack them and then suing them.
And that's the issue. The Karen video I was watching that got me thinking to ask about this was some load mouth that kept telling another guy to hit him and saying that he had four lawyers. And I thought that you can usually de escalade a situation like that, or avoid it all together. But this guy just wouldn't stop. He needed a fist to meet his nose.

Old 01-21-2022, 03:07 PM

Just punch him Savage. We both know it's the right thing to do. I will be a character witness. Although I probably shouldn't be your first choice.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-21-2022, 03:12 PM

The problem is now these aggressors are usually cowards and pack knives or worse.

It's not like the old days where a bop to the nose would settle mutual differences. I'd be worried about having some coward blindside me with a knife in the ribs nowadays. These people usually travel in packs.

Wildest fight I ever had was around 2002 when a little guy (maybe 110lbs, 5'6") punched my ticket seller in the face unprovoked at a college hockey game. I saw it happen and ran up and bear hugged him from behind and picked him up off his feet with his arms pinned. I carried him out of the building backwards and then let myself fall forward on top of him. Had one of my staff pile on top of the doggy pile to keep him pinned and this kid was doing push-ups with me and another guy on top of him. (I'm not little, well, I'm petite compared to Ken, but that's another story)

The campus security guys told us to let him up and we did. And the guy promptly started attacking random bystanders. By then my adrenaline was full bore and I did a flying tackle and smacked his head good into the concrete. Same doggy pile again until the campus security finally called 911 and police showed up. Took 5 cops to get him into the back of the car, and they were WAY more active with compliance techniques than we were. He was high on PCP they figured.

Wildest rodeo I'd ever been in and I wouldn't want to do it again. The strength of that little drug-head was staggering. At some point one of the gigantic defensemen from our college team joined in (this was after the game) and even with his help it was nuts. Everything happened so fast I only vaguely remember pounding on the kids ribs to get his arms to buckle. I don't recall many headshots other than the flying tackle.

Now I'm a lover more than a fighter, even if the other person deserves it. Not worth getting severely injured from a coward with a weapon.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Just punch him Savage. We both know it's the right thing to do. I will be a character witness. Although I probably shouldn't be your first choice.
Ok I have you on speed dial. I may also need a ride home sometime at last call. From the bar or the cop shop

Old 01-21-2022, 03:58 PM

There comes a time when you have to go. Then its GO time to the bitter end. There's a big difference between someone needing ( or asking) for a beating and GO time. These days are not the same as the 80s and 90s there's no way I would touch a person unless it was a GO time situation. Too many snowflakes, yuppies, and cameras ....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2022, 04:05 PM

When they say "hit me", they are ready to fight and so should you.
Don't waste time talking and letting them plan their first move, just get at it.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
When they say "hit me", they are ready to fight and so should you.
Don't waste time talking and letting them plan their first move, just get at it.
words to live by do not waste time and give them all you have so they stay down
Old 01-21-2022, 04:10 PM

I remember when I was a kid, my old man used to tell me never to take the first punch but don’t be afraid to take the last.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:40 PM

Yeah agreed, if all else fails and you can't find a way to deescalate or remove yourself from the situation and punches are about to fly ..... then I'd say get after and it and don't stop until your opponent is unable to be a threat to you or anyone else, and you sit his butt down or give him a nap. Then, get the heck out of there.

This shirtless clown who is holding his arm up to signal a time out, after he realizes he just jumped into some deep water, is the same popcorn tough guy that is likely to sucker punch you if you let his silly antics off the hook. The guy is quite lucky to only get one more in the ribs as far as I'm concerned.

What's to say this guy didn't walk back to his car and grab a pipe or something and come right back? Then he thumps you with the pipe and you wake up in hospital with permanent injuries that change your life. Once you engage in a fight, it's serious business in today's world and you need to defend yourself like your life depends on it - because it can. This is not the grade 6 honor system anymore .... this is serious business.

He would be far less likely to do this if the skinny tall dude gave an extra three piece and large fries and the shirtless guys was staring down all dizzy looking at the concrete face first. Meanwhile skinny dude is a block away by the time his head clears.

Fight over - and you are safe and hopefully this clown learns a lesson as he's picking up his bloody chicklets off the sidewalk wondering what happened.

De-escalation and removing yourself is always the best option ..... there is far to much at stake now days ...
Old 01-21-2022, 04:44 PM

So - true story
A friend of mine used to operate a garage and towing service.
He was a little loose with allowing credit and got himself into a little trouble with the bank.
He started going around to debtors and asking them to pay up.
Most of them did, but he was in the parking lot of the local grocery store talking to one of his clients who was sitting in his car. This guy basically told him that he wasn't going to pay and suggested that he do the physically impossible.
My friend said to him "I ought to punch you right in the face".
Many more words were said most of them to do with various bodily functions, sexual proclivities etc.etc. and the guy said "Yah you (sexual derogatory term) You're too much of a "kitty" to punch me in the face right here in the parking lot - c'mon do it"
So...
My friend reached in the window, hauled the guy half out of the car and fed him several.
By this time there were several witnesses to all the kerfuffle
By and by the Mounties showed up.
The guy was bleeding and screaming that he wanted to press charges.
My friend said "he told me to punch in the face...so I did"
The Mountie kind of did the forehead slap and said to the guy "Did you really tel him to punch you in the face" to which the guy said "well yeah, but I didn't think he would".
The Mountie asked a couple of witnesses then asked the guy again - and he confirmed a second time.
The Mountie made a couple of notes, rolled his eyes and turned to my friend and said - "Please don't do that again" and the got in his car and left.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:42 PM

Some times the right thing to do and the law don’t agree so at times you have to be the bad guy

We all have choices to make and you just have to go with what you feel is right

When it comes to confrontation I have been around the block once or twice in my life and will leave it at that
Old 01-21-2022, 05:50 PM

No witnesses? No problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg provoke.jpg (41.7 KB, 71 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-21-2022, 05:59 PM

Just going to point out that a punch to the head might not be the best first choice cause hit the wrong spot and that person is dead. It has happened lately and not to far in the past. Now you are charged with well you know. If possible walk away but now you are open to a sucker punch. One quick shot to the throat. I did get sucker punched many years ago but still managed to grab the guy in a head lock and ram him into a pole. I took three stiches to the lip and he went to the hospital in an ambulance. Just like mentioned before most of these a-holes are carrying something to kill you with or seriously injure. You can try and walk away but lots of them will take it to that next level with a weapon. Chicken cheets that will not stand up mono a mono.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:07 PM

There is truth some do pull weapons I have been stabbed on two different occasions

But this is a small portion and most who cause trouble are actually relying on intimidation with almost no bite

Like I said we all have to make a choice on what we feel is right and depending on the kind of person you are the choice could be very different then the next guy
Old 01-21-2022, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog57 View Post
So - true story

A friend of mine used to operate a garage and towing service.

He was a little loose with allowing credit and got himself into a little trouble with the bank.

He started going around to debtors and asking them to pay up.

Most of them did, but he was in the parking lot of the local grocery store talking to one of his clients who was sitting in his car. This guy basically told him that he wasn't going to pay and suggested that he do the physically impossible.

My friend said to him "I ought to punch you right in the face".

Many more words were said most of them to do with various bodily functions, sexual proclivities etc.etc. and the guy said "Yah you (sexual derogatory term) You're too much of a "kitty" to punch me in the face right here in the parking lot - c'mon do it"

So...

My friend reached in the window, hauled the guy half out of the car and fed him several.

By this time there were several witnesses to all the kerfuffle

By and by the Mounties showed up.

The guy was bleeding and screaming that he wanted to press charges.

My friend said "he told me to punch in the face...so I did"

The Mountie kind of did the forehead slap and said to the guy "Did you really tel him to punch you in the face" to which the guy said "well yeah, but I didn't think he would".

The Mountie asked a couple of witnesses then asked the guy again - and he confirmed a second time.

The Mountie made a couple of notes, rolled his eyes and turned to my friend and said - "Please don't do that again" and the got in his car and left.
Too funny! At least your friend got away with it and didn't get the book thrown at him.

When we were 18 or so we were going into the beer store and a guy that owed my friend money coincidentally pulled up. My friend reached into the open window to grab the guy and remind him about the debt.

The guy pulled out a utility knife and cut off a chunk of the palm of my friends hand. The part on the thumb half of his palm. And they drove away. (Bad guy was passenger) that was a very fast wtf just happened moment.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:59 PM
Banned

Boy...Am I ever glad I stay in my humble abode from 630PM until 545AM. Get to work at 630AM and repeat