Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2022, 03:15 AM

YA.....Got my bill the other day as well.....highest it has ever been in this house and I have lived here for over 21 years now.....Up around 30%....Welcome to a world being run by Leftist Libtards. At almost 68 now.... I am just plain lost and really don't know how to deal anymore, with the level of stupidity I see all around me everyday.

Jim
And I watch the metal rusting, and I watch the time go by."
Old 01-22-2022, 05:20 AM

I look after the gun club here, we happen to be on the Sask side of the road but still serviced by Direct Energy, we only have power to our site and shut down everything but our electric plug in rodent sounders, here is what the bill looks like.

Transmission charge - 47.37
Distribution charge - 57.46
Rate rider - 0.04
---------------
Sub Total $104.87

Administration fee - 16.58
Cost of Electricity - 1.21
GST - 6.13
Sask Prov Tax - 7.46
---------------

Total Site Charge $136.15

So our actual power usage was less that 1% of the bill, the rest was fixed charges and rate riders and tax, and not even carbon tax

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

We are with north east gas and we paid 214 bucks for nov/dec....another reason why we built and live in the country....10 minutes out of town...no sewage bills, garbage bills, water bills etc low taxes for a lot of space....really no hidden drop on my door ridiculous expenses....dam feel for some....when we lived in town 15 years ago some wanker said we need to recycle and have to buy boxes etc ahhh ok and then they said 180 bucks or something like that for a few months I said nope no they said yup...whether you partake or not you will be billed...with retirement coming within ten years we bailed on that bs and have not looked back

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-22-2022, 07:55 AM

Most expensive bill ever at our place as well. Nearly had a stoke when I saw it!!
Old 01-22-2022, 07:59 AM

My last bill (1560 sq ft home plus shop) was:

$140.00 some bucks for usage.
Total invoice was some $240.00 bucks.

I however burn wood in the shop. Thank goodness for that!

But still, never has my gas bills been so high.

My 82 year old neighbor is really struggling so far this winter with these astronomical prices. Wife and I been helping him. Has now decided he is selling his acreage and moving to a home this spring. Simply cannot afford it on his pension cheques.

And that folks, is what our world is all about now!!
Old 01-22-2022, 08:04 AM

The people that vote for fools have to be informed.
The best way to fight the clowns might be with memes.
If the internet was flooded with memes about how bad the fools are I think it could change who gets votes.
I’d do it myself but I don’t know how.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:49 AM

Guys if you think things are bad now, wait until we try heating with the Sun and Wind through a cold winter month in Northern Alberta. We will be Happy to not 'Freeze in the Dark" with a High Natural gas bill.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:52 AM

I posted here a couple of years ago that climate change was about the money. Got laughed at by several.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-22-2022, 08:55 AM

22 years ago wl lived in a mobile home here. In winter the gas and power bill was $600/month. 1" walls, electric water heater. When we got the first utility bills for gas and power there was nearly enough left from the difference to make the mortgage payment.
Now we are almost back there again.
They sure don't want people to own homes.

My house and garage used to have separate meters. Wow am I glad I did away with that.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-22-2022, 08:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
My last bill (1560 sq ft home plus shop) was:

$140.00 some bucks for usage.
Total invoice was some $240.00 bucks.

I however burn wood in the shop. Thank goodness for that!

But still, never has my gas bills been so high.

My 82 year old neighbor is really struggling so far this winter with these astronomical prices. Wife and I been helping him. Has now decided he is selling his acreage and moving to a home this spring. Simply cannot afford it on his pension cheques.

And that folks, is what our world is all about now!!

Ya that really sucks for fixed pensioners our indexes and goes up with the cost of living after that but man if the cost of living on more or less essential needs keeps going stupid I will live in my ice shack or in a RV as a mobile bum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-22-2022, 09:25 AM

I’m on propane out here, my tank is just about ready for a fill. Not looking forward to that charge. I haven’t paid much attention to NG prices as it’s never been a choice, but it is supposes to go through here in a year or two. Seems like it may not be worth the cost of putting into the property when it comes, not sure what gain it will be in a few years?
Old 01-22-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I’m on propane out here, my tank is just about ready for a fill. Not looking forward to that charge. I haven’t paid much attention to NG prices as it’s never been a choice, but it is supposes to go through here in a year or two. Seems like it may not be worth the cost of putting into the property when it comes, not sure what gain it will be in a few years?
Neighbour is still on propane and just had his tank filled the other day. Noticed he's been slacking keeping the wood stove running. When he got the bill, the stove was lit.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:45 AM

Exclamation Show me the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I posted here a couple of years ago that climate change was about the money. Got laughed at by several.
That was obvious back in the days of Algore and his ilk. From the beginning, every proposal has been about wealth transfer. Unfortunately, the legions of useful idiots have embraced this new cult and refuse to acknowledge they are being led to the slaughter.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-22-2022, 11:07 AM

My December bill was 356 with gas and power combined. 1200 sq foot bi-level. I did upgrade my circa 1985 furnace this year so maybe that helped me out. When I hear about these huge bills I wonder what size of houses are these guys heating? Huge vaulted ceilings? Heating a huge garage? There must be more to the story.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
My December bill was 356 with gas and power combined. 1200 sq foot bi-level. I did upgrade my circa 1985 furnace this year so maybe that helped me out. When I hear about these huge bills I wonder what size of houses are these guys heating? Huge vaulted ceilings? Heating a huge garage? There must be more to the story.
I heat a 3600 sq foot home and 1200 sq foot garage. My house is super-insulated. R75 in attic, r50 ICF Foundation, 2" foam under slabs.

What the "more to the story is" is the carbon tax.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-22-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Not really any more to the story at all. My December gas bill was higher than it's ever been here in 12 years, doesn't matter size of shop or house as they haven't changed.
Natural gas is on the rise, and will continue to do so. Add on the scam tax of over $2/GJ and that is where the high bills are coming from. Best part is we even get to pay GST on the scam tax
Old 01-22-2022, 11:56 AM

Crap, read this and checked the mail...... it's official. I'm going to have to get a second job to feed my kids.

OK off to the official job openings thread......
Old 01-22-2022, 11:59 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/02/b...tural-gas.html

Governments should be heading in this direction. Call natural gas green, eliminate any carbon tax on it and spur investment. If not, the market forces will see the world burn much more of what's cheapest for power.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Crap, read this and checked the mail...... it's official. I'm going to have to get a second job to feed my kids.

OK off to the official job openings thread......
nah, just need to convert the furnace, truck, corvette and fireplace to a more sustainable fuel supply, like Les politiciens

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-22-2022, 12:40 PM

Wow - some pretty wide variable rates here ....

My December Bill ...

Energy Rate ($/GJ) Energy Charge ($)
6.37 x 5.328000 = 33.94
24.85 x 4.936000 = 122.66

Energy charges were ......$183.64

PLUS - the "Distribution" and "Carbon Taxes" and other crap = $199.03

For a total of $382.67

Seemed to be about the same as the normal run rate for us.

Paid more in fees and taxes compared to the energy I used !!!!

Last edited by EZM; 01-22-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

I heat a 3600 sq foot home and 1200 sq foot garage. My house is super-insulated. R75 in attic, r50 ICF Foundation, 2" foam under slabs.

What the "more to the story is" is the carbon tax.
The carbon tax is part of it. But not all of it. The carbon tax was 5 percent of my bill. I see my actual usuage and then 5 other riders and fees that have nothing to do with the Carbon Tax. Did we all lose our minds in this thread and forget about December was actually really cold? And that supply and demand is a thing that does not always affect the consumer positively.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Wow - some pretty wide variable rates here ....

My December Bill ...

Energy Rate ($/GJ) Energy Charge ($)
6.37 x 5.328000 = 33.94
24.85 x 4.936000 = 122.66

Energy charges were ......$183.64

PLUS - the "Distribution" and "Carbon Taxes" and other crap = $199.03

For a total of $382.67

Seemed to be about the same as the normal run rate for us.

Paid more in fees and taxes compared to the energy I used !!!!
Which begs the question. Does reducing my consumption have a measurable impact on my cost? Likely not. What a great idea.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-22-2022, 01:26 PM

i too just got my highest gas bill ever at my place. was through the xmas-new years cold snap. im running the thermostats lower than previous winters, and with the misses at home fulltime, have been burning wood 24\7 when its cold. they are claiming almost 50% more gas usage than i have ever used in any winter month ever, coupled with higher gas prices and the lovely carbon tax is making my place unaffordable. i know every january it will just continue to get much worse. i dont know if people are really aware that once fully implemented by 2030, the carbon tax will be around 350% higher than it is currently. i believe i need to get serious about leaving the country before i go bankrupt.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
The carbon tax is part of it. But not all of it. The carbon tax was 5 percent of my bill. I see my actual usuage and then 5 other riders and fees that have nothing to do with the Carbon Tax. Did we all lose our minds in this thread and forget about December was actually really cold? And that supply and demand is a thing that does not always affect the consumer positively.
My actual bill:

Admin fee, fixed. $10.87
cost of gas 28.6 x $4.93 $140.48
6.98 x $3.89 $27.17
Delivery charge fixed. $24.78
Delivery charge variable. $31.30
Rate rider. $50.86
Municipal franchise fee. $28.20
Utility Deferral adjustment. $1.31
Federal Carbon tax. $74.52
GST. $19.97

Total billing. $419.46

So the carbon tax is just shy of 18% of my total.

Yes. I realize it was a cold month. I also know gas has gone up. But when 22.52% of your bill is taxes (including the GST), yes, that makes a difference.

The actual energy billing was only $178.52. The rest is taxes and fees and fees and fees.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-22-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
My actual bill:

Admin fee, fixed. $10.87
6.98 x $3.89 $27.17
Rate rider. $50.86
GST. $19.97

Total billing. $419.46

Yes. I realize it was a cold month. I also know gas has gone up. But when 22.52% of your bill is taxes (including the GST), yes, that makes a difference.

The actual energy billing was only $178.52. The rest is taxes and fees and fees and fees.
So I just looked at my bill again. So my natural gas bill is for November, it is a month late. However my electricity is my December usage, but same bill. I will chime in next month with my new "updated" carbon tax.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
My actual bill:

Admin fee, fixed. $10.87
6.98 x $3.89 $27.17
Rate rider. $50.86
GST. $19.97

Total billing. $419.46

Yup, was about to call BS too.

My bill
Carbon Tax 18.25%
Nat Gas 39.6%
Other and GST 42.15%

And we can look forward to a 25% increase in the carbon tax in April. Were going to pay $2.63 a GJ from $2.10 now. Same crap with gasoline/diesel.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:05 PM

Mine was 500 and i have 3 fish tanks and a hottub
Old 01-22-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Yup, was about to call BS too.

My bill
Carbon Tax 18.25%
Nat Gas 39.6%
Other and GST 42.15%

And we can look forward to a 25% increase in the carbon tax in April. Were going to pay $2.63 a GJ from $2.10 now. Same crap with gasoline/diesel.
I feel for everyone that got a shocker bill (me too), but I'm also taking solace that this is going to hit the people that probably voted for this carbon tax carp the hardest. No sympathy here and won’t be in the future either. Between this and inflation, going to be a fun year for them. Think this is what’s known as a wake up call. I hope it gets real cold for a long time out east. Particularly in TO, Ottawa, & Montreal. Still lots of winter left! Let the energy bills soar! It’s exactly what ended Kathleen’s hold on Onterrible. Same issue is country wide now because of our good ol’ chum Castro Jr.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:29 PM

It’s a tax. It has nothing to do with anything. It’s a revenue stream for the government.
Carbon tax
Kananaskis tax

Best time to fight is before they become law.
Next best time is before an election.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:36 PM

My electricity is solar and Yamaha genny to watch tv…we have a double mantel propane light over our kitchen table…we burn lotsa wood, my electric bill comes from how many Jerry cans we use..so I do have some say in how much we spend on gas, we are watching less and less of the tv anyway. We can turn on that propane light and play dice or cards or visit while the woodstove keeps it at about 26-28 inside our shack. If I can win $4.00 playing dice…then that day paid for itself…I’m not a cheap man, but after selling our farm we figured we would give this lifestyle a chance..it is awesome to feel like you actually control all your own services..oh and my land tax last year was $62.00. Everything we have here is on skids or wheels…nothing rooted down so to speak.
We are in the bush, and love it..this is year 5 I believe!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip