Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Boy...Am I ever glad I stay in my humble abode from 630PM until 545AM. Get to work at 630AM and repeat
Stuff happens when you least expect it.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:41 PM

Bacon go jump of a cliff , I dare you to you coward ,come on jump go for it.

Do you jump or use your mellon ?

Think about it.

JD
Old 01-21-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post

Think about it.

JD
My first thought of your comment was, "well that was little harsh", but you are right.
If you have to ask the initial question then you will probably make the wrong decision at a critical time.
Probably best if the OP just avoid any possible situation.
Not everyone is wired to handle that type of conflict.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:38 PM

I was aiming for 4" past the point of his chin before I finished reading.....
Old 01-22-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post

Think about it.

JD
It would be a lot easier to convince me, and a lot of you guys and gals, to punch someone. Than to jump off of a cliff. Unless at the bottom of the cliff there is some nice water and a bunch of drunk bikini girls. Then that's a different situation. Belly flop!!!

Watch some of those Karen videos I was referring to in my original post and you'll understand a bit more why I was asking. Like I had said I'm not a tough guy looking for trouble. But was thinking that some people may deserve a little bop on their mellon to align the functional parts back up.

Most of the times when I'm out I'm with the boss and kids so I have to keep my mouth shut and be respectful. Or then the boss gets angry and I'm in real trouble. But there is no respect for nonsense in my, or my families personal space. If some clown steps inside that circle, I'm in protection mode.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2022, 09:53 AM

I miss my small town school days from the early 80's.... THIS reminds me of those times.

Fight, win/lose, pick the other guy up and shake hands then walk away.

I'm a lover not a fighter and always choose non-confrontation, but if my family is in the picture and in danger.... Well then Urban's idea springs to mind.... Go a little John Wick on their ar$$e$

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
No witnesses? No problem.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:25 AM

You guys have been through the wringer it seems!

Stabbed twice? Palm cut off? Sucker punched?

I have been threatened many times, mostly over the phone and generally just stay calm, tell them 'I am on the way, if they are absolutely certain they want to go that route we can talk about that when I get there'. Most seem to be all bark no bite in person. Giving them time to calm down helps.

I have talked my way out of countless incidents, even when I was a bouncer in Lloydminster and Edmonton for over a decade I never punched anyone in the face. I admit I did haul a few people out of the bars by various appendages over the years, some unconscious from choke holds or other bouncers stepping in.
I picked a long-time miserable client off the floor once in Lloydminster by his ear hair, no word of a lie. He was screaming at me, and I had enough. (it is hilarious going back, not a single hair in either ear now haha)

You guys are right though, the sneaky scum have weapons hidden. Unless you are wearing illegal armour, nobody is bulletproof.

We talked about this before, my son was held up at gun point in Edmonton a few years ago. Terrifying what the scum have become.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-22-2022, 12:48 PM

I enjoyed scrapping throughout my days. School yard brawls, boxing, karate. Can’t say I’ve ever been sucked into the ‘hit me’ taunt, and once I had formal training, stopped bar brawling. At 66 I’m heading back to the gym and looking for some sparring time to mitigate the ‘senior victim’ phenomenon.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:25 PM

Growing up as a kid in Campbell River in the 80's we used to grab an ice cream and head down to one of the local boat ramps in the late evening when the boats were trying to all come in at once just to see a good scrap. Not many nights disappointed. Nothing brings out a guys inner arse hole quite like a boondoggle of a show at a boat ramp....lol.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
I miss my small town school days from the early 80's.... THIS reminds me of those times.

I'm a lover not a fighter and always choose non-confrontation, but if my family is in the picture and in danger.... Well then Urban's idea springs to mind.... Go a little John Wick on their ar$$e$
Old 01-22-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post

Your school was a lot friendlier then mine

I remember big race war fights, battles between schools, some broken bones, a few stabbings, at least a few times a year pools of blood in the hall, and even the girls leaving hair in the hallways at times. Lots of just nasty fist fights too. We even had a few teachers transfer over knives pulled on the or attacked by a student. We were banned from making baseball bats in wood work after about 20 kids had a brawl with bats made at school

From what I have heard it’s actually a better school now and the new generation is calmer
Old 01-23-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Google Westboro church.

Those "people" are vile disgusting excuses for human beings.