Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2022, 01:34 PM

Default garage concrete

I have an attached garage around 22x22. I would like to have someone replace the pad. It has some cracks and and settled with a slight slope inwards. Garage is on a grade beam. Anyone have this done before? Any recommendations for company in Edmonton? Any idea on cost on removal and replace?
Old 01-20-2022, 04:40 PM

Default Maybe Mud Jack

When I lived in Winterpeg our garage floor was sunken and our patio. I had a company come in and mud jack it up and all was well. Had some crack that closed up as it lifted back into place. Considerably less expensive than replacing.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:48 AM

Default not exactly what you asked for

Hi: I had a situation where my attached garage slumped on the pony wall, near the door where the inside pad dropped 1 inch. Mud jacked it and it improved it somewhat. They also did the sidewalk and external pad in the same area.

A friend had his garage floor done in a detached garage and they were able to lift it 3 inches. They were able to level the garage footing. This allowed the garage door to seal on the bottom and the man door to open/close..it looked ok

I hope this helps

Hoopi
Old 01-22-2022, 09:19 AM

Mud jacking probably way to go. However if your concrete in Bad shape may consider just level concrete overlay (slight slope to door.) Nice new level pad with no cracks and salt degradation. Paint it and your wife will love you.