Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
This sounds quite feasibly could be the problem. Can your buddy get the bulletin number for the OP. If he can take the bulletin to the dealer they would be hard-pressed not performing it immediately.
I think I have gone through the bulletins going back 5 years, have not seen this one.
An up date though, the Chrysler Engineering dept gave the tech some things to check, all of them passed so they don’t know what’s wrong with it. I filed a report with BBB which they received. Eddie said that I can trade it in and he would give me 52,000 for it, 8000 less than I paid for it and that he would tell BBB that he offered me a solution. He offered to change out the starter which I thought was ok until I found out engineering didn’t know what was wrong with it. I asked to be provided a document that this is what was wrong with it. Crickets since then, btw no starter until the 31st. Apparently they are still willing to retake it on trade and sell it to the next person. Eddie is the sales manager. I have sent multiple emails to the general manager requesting an exchange on the jeep, more than that to Eddie, Eddie’s says no and the general manager has never responded to any email or phoned me.

Last edited by Jims83cj5; 01-21-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
I think I have gone through the bulletins going back 5 years, have not seen this one.
An up date though, the Chrysler Engineering dept gave the tech some things to check, all of them passed so they don’t know what’s wrong with it. I filed a report with BBB which they received. Eddie said that I can trade it in and he would give me 52,000 for it, 8000 less than I paid for it and that he would tell BBB that he offered me a solution. He offered to change out the starter which I thought was ok until I found out engineering didn’t know what was wrong with it. I asked to be provided a document that this is what was wrong with it. Crickets since then, btw no starter until the 31st. Apparently they are still willing to retake it on trade and sell it to the next person.
So they toh8nk it’s ok for you to lose 8k. Fricken unbelievable how customers are treated by dealerships.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
So they toh8nk it’s ok for you to lose 8k. Fricken unbelievable how customers are treated by dealerships.
Eddie said that’s what we paid for it and the rest is taxes, shipping etc and that he won’t pay that. I’m being so careful as to be 100% truthful as to avoid any slander issues but man it’s hard.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:

An up date though, the Chrysler Engineering dept gave the tech some things to check, all of them passed so they don’t know what’s wrong with it. I filed a report with BBB which they received. Eddie said that I can trade it in and he would give me 52,000 for it, 8000 less than I paid for it and that he would tell BBB that he offered me a solution. He offered to change out the starter which I thought was ok until I found out engineering didn’t know what was wrong with it. I asked to be provided a document that this is what was wrong with it. Crickets since then, btw no starter until the 31st. Apparently they are still willing to retake it on trade and sell it to the next person. Eddie is the sales manager. I have sent multiple emails to the general manager requesting an exchange on the jeep, more than that to Eddie, Eddie’s says no and the general manager has never responded to any email or phoned me.
It's unbelievable that they won't just give you a direct swap with a same exact vehicle, they have a legit story for the manufacturer.

"We can't fix it. We don't know what's wrong with it. It's 2 days old"

They would gain so much more by just taking care of this.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2022, 06:25 PM

Sounds like Chrysler was willing to refund the jeep but the boys don’t want to refund the commission part of it? Mind you commission probably wouldn’t be 8k I wouldn’t think. Maybe
Old 01-21-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Sounds like Chrysler was willing to refund the jeep but the boys don’t want to refund the commission part of it? Mind you commission probably wouldn’t be 8k I wouldn’t think. Maybe
Chrysler has never helped or implied anything, it’s all on the dealer. They would not get the commission on the exchange but would when they sell my broken one to someone else.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
If you add commission and dealer profit I’ll bet that’s what they don’t want to give up. Roughly 85% of msrp is the cost of the vehicle. Dealership are sure being a bunch of jerks.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
If you add commission and dealer profit I’ll bet that’s what they don’t want to give up. Roughly 85% of msrp is the cost of the vehicle. Dealership are sure being a bunch of *****s.
That’s kinda what I’m thinking. Chrysler car would be 52,000 and that’s all Chrysler will pay. They probably want the dealership to cough up anything over that…..since the commission is already in their pockets, it would be hard to hand it back over.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:53 PM

This same issue (sort of) happened to a friend of mine at a GM dealer two years ago. He and his wife bought a brand new car for her to drive. Picked it up at the dealership once the sale was finalized and on their way. Made it a couple of km down Mayor Mcgrath in Lethbridge and the engine siezed. (no oil) They would not refund or exchange, only repair on warranty. They had been out of the lot for all of 10 minutes. They went 6 months without the car waiting on the dealership to get it back together. Had to make the monthly payments while waiting of course. Same story, you bought it, it's yours now.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:05 PM

Based on the number of people, just on this forum, who now, (1) will never do business with this dealer and (2) will tell others not to do business with them, you'd think they'd just eat the friggin' difference, put you in a new set of wheels, duke it out with the manufacturer and vindicate themselves just to stop the bad publicity. The potential money lost on this fiasco is going to cost them a whole lot more than one vehicle.

I hope this goes your way, Jim.

Deb
Old 01-21-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Ever see the big sales where vehicles are 6000-12000 off?
That's when I generally buy
The dealers still make money when the 'you pay what we pay' sales are on, so 8000 is likely not all the commission

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-21-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The dealers still make money when the 'you pay what we pay' sales are on, so 8000 is likely not all the commission
That's the way it was before covid...now people are paying msrp or above because of low inventory.

I agree...there was a ton of profit for the dealers...even more so now...
Old 01-21-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
You pay what we pay was no loss for the dealer since it was manufacture rebates.
This was only for domestic trucks. You can get up to 16g off on an f150 in 2014.
Jeep wrangler would be 3g off tops.

Gonna be a long time till these days come back. I'm sure everyone is gonna be paying MSRP or higher for many years to come.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-21-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
You pay what we pay was no loss for the dealer since it was manufacture rebates.
This was only for domestic trucks. You can get up to 16g off on an f150 in 2014.
Jeep wrangler would be 3g off tops.

Gonna be a long time till these days come back. I'm sure everyone is gonna be paying MSRP or higher for many years to come.
1 got 8000 off on my 2016 f150, $4000 off my 2022 f350 but that is the only vehicle I ever built and ordered

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-22-2022, 12:57 AM

Default Intermittent no start issue

Licensed automotive tech here
Worked at a dealership for more than 14 years and have seen all sorts of issues.
As technicians we don’t always know it all but we do have resources. In this case the service department has tech support. In any case where you can’t duplicate the customer complaint we go off symptoms. All the manufactures I deal with have had guided diagnostics for troubleshooting said issues. The other issue is you are dealing with flat rate technicians, where as this is a repeat issue it should have been escalated to the shop Forman by now. So at this point a tech could spend 20 hours trying to find an issue with the fear of not being paid for his time. When this happens it’s the dealership responsibility to eat the overage in cost. However this is not a customer issue.
My stance at this point would be to hold the dealer responsible for using all resources
-ask for a copy of tech support document
-if possible provide video footage of issue
-request sit down/ phone call with Chrysler warranty rep (DSM)
-auto Canada is a huge parent company of dealers, they live off reviews and ratings (but be civil)
Old 01-22-2022, 01:32 AM

Oops. Duppy
Old 01-22-2022, 01:32 AM

Wow. That’s beyond ignorant and low.

Steal a killdozer and push all their product into their buildings ?? Lol
Old 01-22-2022, 06:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Based on the number of people, just on this forum, who now, (1) will never do business with this dealer and (2) will tell others not to do business with them, you'd think they'd just eat the friggin' difference, put you in a new set of wheels, duke it out with the manufacturer and vindicate themselves just to stop the bad publicity. The potential money lost on this fiasco is going to cost them a whole lot more than one vehicle.

I hope this goes your way, Jim.

Deb
Well said Deb....these people can’t see the big picture....customer satisfaction sometimes means taking a loss but at the end you gain...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-22-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
My total discount on my 2021 F150 was $9600, $4000 was a factory rebate, $1000 for a factory order, and the other $4600 was from the dealer. I have replacement value insurance, which guarantees the original purchase price or replacement value, whichever is lower, so with all of the discounts pretty much gone now, I would get my original purchase price, which is not enough to buy that vehicle now.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:12 AM

Another response to Courtesy Chrysler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 915763CB-BD5F-4C7B-8B35-DDC9CE7BAFCC.jpg (45.3 KB, 245 views)
Old 01-22-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Another response to Courtesy Chrysler
A point that you need to make extremely clear is this is going to cost the sales that will far out weigh the cost of making things right. The loss of only 15 sales will far exceed the cost of correcting your situation and the bad press will likely create a loss exceeding 15 sales

You are dealing with a business money is what matters in the end
Old 01-22-2022, 11:26 AM

Default Wonder if Courtesy Chrysler Is Aware of This Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
A point that you need to make extremely clear is this is going to cost the sales that will far out weigh the cost of making things right. The loss of only 15 sales will far exceed the cost of correcting your situation and the bad press will likely create a loss exceeding 15 sales

You are dealing with a business money is what matters in the end

Calgary dealership and a population of 1.37 million potential buyers, this thread has garnered 10,238 views already-what can go wrong?

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 01-22-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
Calgary dealership and a population of 1.37 million potential buyers, this thread has garnered 10,238 views already-what can go wrong?

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was on Reddit then it would have 100,000 views by now lol

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-22-2022, 11:41 AM

10,238 views but how many people have come multiple times to view and post in this thread.

Unfortunately all Courtesy got to do is spend some $$ to advertise and have a sale and people will swarm to buy. Something about another sucker born a minute....

My brother is a Honda tech. He had a few issues similar to this over the years. The shop foreman basically gave him the car and told him to fix it no matter the cost and no matter how long it took. It took him a few days and about 36 hours but he found the problem. Turns out to be a factory wiring issue.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarguy View Post
10,238 views but how many people have come multiple times to view and post in this thread.

Unfortunately all Courtesy got to do is spend some $$ to advertise and have a sale and people will swarm to buy. Something about another sucker born a minute....

My brother is a Honda tech. He had a few issues similar to this over the years. The shop foreman basically gave him the car and told him to fix it no matter the cost and no matter how long it took. It took him a few days and about 36 hours but he found the problem. Turns out to be a factory wiring issue.

I'm one, so lets say the real numbers 1500-how many of those would now buy or recommend Courtesy Chrysler knowing the crappy way they treat a paying customer?

Creeky....

Old 01-22-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
I'm one, so lets say the real numbers 1500-how many of those would now buy or recommend Courtesy Chrysler knowing the crappy way they treat a paying customer?

Creeky....

You'd be surprise. Sales and money talks.

Of those 10, 238 not all are from Calgary and those people, from out of town, would have never bought from Courtesy anyways. But let's assume 10,238, 10238/1.37 million = 0.74% of Alberta will not buy from Courtesy. Not even a rounding error for Courtesy.

Not saying it is right or fair. Just saying they don't care.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:26 PM

I know I said I would be public and vocal, but there is one thing that everyone has not said anything about;
(Creeky touched on it)
the OP should be very careful in how many forums and online media he is posting this story, specifically with the name of the dealership. At some point there may be a Cease and Desist letter sent from a big law firm, stating that they now have incidental proof that they are in a position to show loss of business because of unfounded libel and are going to take action for damages. All of a sudden your $8000 loss will seem like a jackpot compared to the numbers thrown at you.

(I would be filing against them first, personally)

It is unfounded because it is still being diagnosed, but trust me on this one, once they dig their heels in and their backs are against the wall you are going to be in for a rough ride.

You have to remember the Dealer Principal likely has enough money to buy any of us 3x over on the forum, super rich ballers excluded of course, and has no issue using a lawyer invoice for a write off, which of course is likely contractually backed by FCA Canada which has bottomless pockets.

I have warned others in the past, even 2 weeks ago I was forwarded a letter from a fellow saying the same sort of thing, from my own Corporate Lawyer in Edmonton. It was interesting talking to my Lawyer informally about being on the other side of them for the first time.

Just my .02c worth.

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 01-22-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:22 PM

Default WITHOUT PREJUDICE lol.

Quote:
I know I said I would be public and vocal, but there is one thing that everyone has not said anything about;
(Creeky touched on it)
the OP should be very careful in how many forums and online media he is posting this story, specifically with the name of the dealership. At some point there may be a Cease and Desist letter sent from a big law firm, stating that they now have incidental proof that they are in a position to show loss of business because of unfounded libel and are going to take action for damages. All of a sudden your $8000 loss will seem like a jackpot compared to the numbers thrown at you.

It is unfounded because it is still being diagnosed, but trust me on this one, once they dig their heels in and their backs are against the wall you are going to be in for a rough ride.

You have to remember the Dealer Principal likely has enough money to buy any of us 3x over on the forum, super rich ballers excluded of course, and has no issue using a lawyer invoice for a write off, which of course is likely contractually backed by FCA Canada which has bottomless pockets.

I have warned others in the past, even 2 weeks ago I was forwarded a letter from a fellow saying the same sort of thing, from my own Corporate Lawyer in Edmonton. It was interesting talking to my Lawyer informally about being on the other side of them for the first time.

Just my .02c worth.

Kens right (WITHOUT PREJUDICE). Which is why its important to have witnesses, documentation and to film or record OP being towed etc

Creeky....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-22-2022, 02:09 PM

I think the final solution for this problem vehicle could be BLM lightning, much like what happened in Portland.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
(Creeky touched on it)

Just my .02c worth.
Ken you are very correct , get things done and over with .Then do as you please, but they got deep pockets and lawyers lined up all day long.

I hope all goes well Jim and you get out of this mess . What was the MRSP on this vehicle before anything .

ALL THE BEST
JD