Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2022, 09:53 AM

Default Philips sleep apnea machine

Went to doctor to look into getting a note so my insurance would get me a new sleep ap machine. Learned there was a massive recall on philips machine. Thought I would let people know if they own one to look into it.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Went to doctor to look into getting a note so my insurance would get me a new sleep ap machine. Learned there was a massive recall on philips machine. Thought I would let people know if they own one to look into it.
Sent in my info months ago.... ZERO response for 2 of their recalled machines.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:35 PM

ya this is some deal alright .......

I phoned Parkland Respiratory care on Nov -21

Basically told me its a yr wait with Philips

also Health Canada is involved

I called 1-800-272-8861

780-430-8999

Give them a call see what you come up with.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:59 PM

whats the recall on phillips machines for?
Old 01-19-2022, 03:40 PM

The recall was because foam was breaking down and could breath the material in through the machine. Talked to some one else who registered for the recall couple
months ago and he has no word back from Phillips.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:22 PM

I just spoke with my local provider. I got a new Phillips dream station last year ( 1st new machine in 10 years) then the recall came and I registered my serial number with Phillips six months ago. Have heard nothing and neither has my provider who has over 800 clients affected. He did say the breakdown of the foam would probably take some time. He threw out some numbers indicating there are 4-5 million affected machines in NA and they have manufacturing capacity of 250,000 machines per month when the supply chain is humming. Best buy a Fisher-Paykel machine now, I have to wait until my next benefit window opens. I'm guessing there is a lot of litigation coming Phillips way.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:54 PM

The recall was due to breakdown of the sound deadening foam in high ambient temperatures. The main issue involved the southeastern states cause of their temperatures last summer. Concern grew in Canada due to the heat wave. I talked to my provider and filed the recall. 2 years minimum was what I was told to replace.
I talked to a friend who has one under recall as well. However, he directed me to his provider. After speaking with them, they explained to me about the foam breaking down. Says it’s not as faulty as most think. They said to purchase an in-line filter and use it for 4 days. If there’s noticeable debris in the filter, then your machine is faulty. I sent my filter in to get it tested more extensively. Zero debris. So I went back to using it.

There is a website I use to purchase parts, filters, face masks etc. Quite a bit cheaper than my provider. CPAPmachines.ca
Old 01-21-2022, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotecaller View Post
The recall was due to breakdown of the sound deadening foam in high ambient temperatures. The main issue involved the southeastern states cause of their temperatures last summer. Concern grew in Canada due to the heat wave. I talked to my provider and filed the recall. 2 years minimum was what I was told to replace.
From what I was told by my provider ozone use was the concern instead of heat. I’m not arguing with you I just find in alarming that Philips can’t even get their story straight. It’s too bad, I really like that dream station.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:19 PM

I was told it was ozone cleaner use as well. My provider said I will receive a brand new machine.