Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2020, 10:37 AM

Default Camping reservations closed

With camping season (provincial parks) for 2020 likely to be cancelled.. crown land is looking mighty good right about now.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 AM

Not so fast. I saw something that was in the works too. Drive on the main road only just like the parks right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse34567 View Post
With camping season (provincial parks) for 2020 likely to be cancelled.. crown land is looking mighty good right about now.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
No camping really will suck and I’m sure all golf courses will be closed. I can see some golf courses selling out and land development will take over that chunk of property. Going to be a long spring and summer.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:25 AM

Should be a lot of cheap RV,s for sale this spring.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
It will only take a few clowns to get this shut down also. I can just envision the amount of trash, sewage being dumped, trees being cut, etc. Would not be surprised this all gets addressed the very same as the PP's. Rightfully so as difficult as it is.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:14 PM

The camping season officially starts on the May long weekend which is 7 weeks away yet, if this covid 19 crisis is still rampant on the May long weekend I would think that camping will be the last thing people have to worry about........... just saying

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:20 PM

Reserve Alberta is still open, wife booked a site at Red Lodge Provincial park for the end of June this morning.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:41 PM

Why close down a golf course? Yes maybe the 19th hole Club House make them spread apart inside. No more than 4 in the proshop and stand back. You go get your own food and drink in the club house. To play the game only one to a cart. No standing on the tee box. You can jaw at em from a distance . Don't know too many people other than pro's who hit side by side off the tee. Slap your clubs together for a good shot or putt. How many workers have you ever seen on the same hole at once?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:10 PM

We have a reservation in both BC and Alberta. Got a notice that all reservations in BC were cancelled until, if I remember correctly, until April 30 and then they would decide what to do. Haven't heard anything about Alberta yet.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Not so fast. I saw something that was in the works too. Drive on the main road only just like the parks right now.
Do you have a link to that information?
Old 04-01-2020, 07:21 PM
Banned

I see no issue with a family that is being careful while going camping on crown land away from others. I know what some will say about the what if’s etc. There would be more what ifs that actually had a probability of happening in the first three hours of my work day than a whole weeks worth of what ifs roasting hotdogs in the bush.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:22 PM

Just saw SK cancelled too. Until after May Long at least.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:03 PM

Ok when I decide to go fishing at a lake and I'm the first one there, please find another lake to fish. We might be too close so don't be fishing my water. I know people like to group camp or just kinda stay close around each other. But come on man. We can work this out. It's two months away unless you camp at Easter like we do. Not happening this year.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I see no issue with a family that is being careful while going camping on crown land away from others. I know what some will say about the what if’s etc. There would be more what ifs that actually had a probability of happening in the first three hours of my work day than a whole weeks worth of what ifs roasting hotdogs in the bush.
They want you home, not travelling around the country side because you don’t see a problem with it
Old 04-02-2020, 10:16 AM

Hey no problem, with these people hualing a holiday trailer around it will be an easy target for the po po. Here is your $1000.00 ticket now go home and isolate. 😉

But really folks one starts and then you will have everyone doing it and we know there are those that can not use common sense. Just stay home until they get a handle on this thing, do your part and you will be back to camping in no time.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:14 PM

Alberta Reserve is open. Seems that some campsites are blocked off til later in May or early June....so far. Not giving up hope yet.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM

I’m looking forward to getting to our seasonal lot at Pigeon lake.. it’s perfect for golfing if your looking for social distancing, not many people pay green fees but the members on the golf course will be able to golf.. we all use our own carts anyway so that will be the same, just do like me, golf in the bush and I most likely not see anybody else during my rounds! I am trying to sell the place but I’m almost thinking with limited camping areas Right now.. might be good to keep it as at least it’s safe camping and we can stay far from anyone while enjoying some good old fashioned poor golf...
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip