Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2020, 05:14 PM

Default Emergency isolation support, from AB gov

Has anyone applied, been a gong show to get thru.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 03-31-2020, 05:27 PM

Just to verify my ID, I waited for two hours. Then its five to ten days to get a PIN number.
So if you are in a hurry to get money from this circus, it will be a wait. Good luck.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:50 PM

I did , took till today to get through the site and apply, Got kicked out with error 520, just when your waiting for the results it says I am disqualified.. yet in the first part I was qualified.
Gong show...
when back and found I had put a wrong date in, It wanted when was in isolation and I put down when I thought I first felt sick....
So corrected application was file so I wait to find out if I am screwwed or not....
Old 03-31-2020, 05:59 PM

My wife applied last week on Wednesday at at 11 am the money was e transferred 2 hours later. She does have a existing account with alberta government. Seemed pretty simple.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:02 PM

Anyone know how this will payment will affect your tax return next year?

I'm lucky enough to still be working for the time being. Just curious more than anything.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:18 PM

I have entered my information to many times for them now, the site says I have attempted to enter my information to many times now, check back tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:54 PM

Been trying to ‘verify ID’ about 7 different times. Sometimes the message is the system is down, if I do get through it will not accept info I enter about my drivers license or accept a scan, or accept a picture of the ID. I have even tried getting my wife and 12 yr old son to enter the info. I think I give up
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 PM

Not going to bother

Its just going to complicate life and I think people are gonna get screwed anyhow with a 10% GST and/or a PST after all this slows down or ends.

Actually, after tomorrow Im not watching the news more than once a week.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Not going to bother

Its just going to complicate life and I think people are gonna get screwed anyhow with a 10% GST and/or a PST after all this slows down or ends.

Yep ^^^^^
Old 04-01-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Not going to bother

X2

The piper is going to have to be paid eventually!
Old 04-01-2020, 07:18 AM

If I hear one more "We're all in this together" from a politician, reporter, or so call medical expert, I might snap. Sure, we're all in this together until the working stiff reaches out for help, then your on your own buddy, sit down shut up and wait. Banks, and Government, lip service as usual. Get some dam people on the phones, give people some service and help for the millions of taxes they paid you. I'm one of the lucky ones I can get through this with no help (for now). But lots that need help today, not weeks from now.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:33 AM
Banned

All in this together.. Ya right! The feds give themselves a raise then increase the carbon tax as of today??
Old 04-01-2020, 07:35 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
If I hear one more "We're all in this together" from a politician, reporter, or so call medical expert, I might snap. Sure, we're all in this together until the working stiff reaches out for help, then your on your own buddy, sit down shut up and wait. Banks, and Government, lip service as usual. Get some dam people on the phones, give people some service and help for the millions of taxes they paid you. I'm one of the lucky ones I can get through this with no help (for now). But lots that need help today, not weeks from now.
Patience is a virtue.....the whole freakin'coumtry is looking for aid for the most part be it financial or medical so this will take time....

And if you want perspective on this....imagine you made a meat loaf for a family of four...yup you will have left overs and a buddy shows up...left overs gone but on his way home he mentions it to the neighbours and within 24hrs you got a hoard outside....so you get more meat and prep/feed them but then a bigger hoard shows up...now you are reaching out and engaging in other entities to feed the hoards your wonderful meatloaf.

Dam now I am hungry...Ma can we have meatloaf tonight?

image.png

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 04-01-2020 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
All in this together.. Ya right! The feds give themselves a raise then increase the carbon tax as of today??

I almost popped a vein when I heard him say he wasn't going to back down & that climate change has to be fought at the same time !

What an Ultra Maroon !
Old 04-01-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Not going to bother

We're from the government and we're here to help you.

Grizz
Old 04-01-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
We're from the government and we're here to help you.

Grizz
Exactly

What they are doing is no different than taking out a loan

The bank guy smiles at you, tells you that he is gonna work together with you and make this happen....

Then you miss a payment and the same guy smiles as he forecloses on your house

Lots of people will take the $ and pizz it away ...like its free

I feel sorry for their trusting nature. It will be their undoing....
Old 04-01-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Not going to bother

Agreed
With the financial state of most people in Canada prior to COVID 19. These handouts are going to cause a lot of pain for decades to come. Foreclosures and bankruptcies will explode over the next 18 months to 2 years maybe longer. It will take oil sands, pipelines nuclear reactors and a desire to create from within instead of importing in order to turn things around. Unfortunately we don’t have federal leadership to take us into what is needed.

BW
Old 04-01-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
Has anyone applied, been a gong show to get thru.
it took my GF over a week to verify here AlbertaID. She Finally got that verified and within a couple hours she was approved with money in her account.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Agreed
With the financial state of most people in Canada prior to COVID 19. These handouts are going to cause a lot of pain for decades to come. Foreclosures and bankruptcies will explode over the next 18 months to 2 years maybe longer. It will take oil sands, pipelines nuclear reactors and a desire to create from within instead of importing in order to turn things around. Unfortunately we don’t have federal leadership to take us into what is needed.

BW
Exactly

Its the liberal way

They try to spend their way out, with other peoples money

The virus is the least of anyones concerns....
Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Gone Hunting

You have to love how everyone who is trying to take advantage of this says " the Gov't. is giving them money".....at this point of the countries financial condition, the Gov't is giving you money that your grandkids will be paying back.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
I did , took till today to get through the site and apply, Got kicked out with error 520, just when your waiting for the results it says I am disqualified.. yet in the first part I was qualified.
Gong show...
when back and found I had put a wrong date in, It wanted when was in isolation and I put down when I thought I first felt sick....
So corrected application was file so I wait to find out if I am screwwed or not....
GOT IT !!!
Your payment of $1,146.00 (CAD) has been automatically deposited into your bank account at RBC Royal Bank.

You qualify for the Alberta Government's Emergency Isolation Support. This one time funding is meant to support Albertans who may experience a loss of income as a result of self-isolation or needing to take care of a self-isolating dependent due to COVID-19.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:33 PM

Everyone that I have spoken to has said they did not qualify.

I applied for the 2k/mo one but they ask what you have for vehicles, cash on hand, savings, rrsps, investments etc etc.

Apparently the only way to get anything on that one is to lie, say no no no no but I am not doing that. A fishing buddy says he knows 3 guys that applied, all lied, all got money, all got turned in and will likely be facing charges.

Pass.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-01-2020, 12:38 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
GOT IT !!!
Your payment of $1,146.00 (CAD) has been automatically deposited into your bank account at RBC Royal Bank.

You qualify for the Alberta Government's Emergency Isolation Support. This one time funding is meant to support Albertans who may experience a loss of income as a result of self-isolation or needing to take care of a self-isolating dependent due to COVID-19.
You are eligible for the emergency isolation support program if you:

have experienced total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation from any other source because you:
have been diagnosed with COVID-19
have been directed by health authorities to self-isolate
are the sole caregiver of a dependent who is in self-isolation

You or your spouse has it?

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Everyone that I have spoken to has said they did not qualify.

I applied for the 2k/mo one but they ask what you have for vehicles, cash on hand, savings, rrsps, investments etc etc.

Apparently the only way to get anything on that one is to lie, say no no no no but I am not doing that. A fishing buddy says he knows 3 guys that applied, all lied, all got money, all got turned in and will likely be facing charges.

Pass.
Which 2k one is is that? There is nothing to apply for until April 6 according to CRA website.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
Which 2k one is is that? There is nothing to apply for until April 6 according to CRA website.
Just wondering if anyone has info on the 2k benefit that ken applied for. I have been looking and it says to apply on april 6. Ken was mentioning a means test of some kind and just looking for info as being a contract employee it kinda has me worried I will have to start pulling papers from bank and such. Thanks
Old 04-01-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone has info on the 2k benefit that ken applied for. I have been looking and it says to apply on april 6. Ken was mentioning a means test of some kind and just looking for info as being a contract employee it kinda has me worried I will have to start pulling papers from bank and such. Thanks
click here
https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-supp...ans.aspx#toc-1

takes you to here
https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...sponse_benefit

then here, whichever plan fits you best
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...plication.html

Old 04-01-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:

If you are claiming EI directly because of COVID. The date to apply starts April 6th. As stated in the links you provided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I just got off the phone with my local MP who is a personnel friend of our family. The portal is not open and their is no means test, The only criteria is $5000 income within the last 12 months. There is no program that you could apply for april 6 so I am not sure what ken is talking about.
I googled Alberta covid 19 assistance which took me to the mydigitalid site and from there into services.

I entered all the information this morning.

Your MP friend mybe does not know what he is talking about.

Im not making it up, I put the link above.

google is your friend.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I googled Alberta covid 19 assistance which took me to the mydigitalid site and from there into services.

I entered all the information this morning.

Your MP friend mybe does not know what he is talking about.

Im not making it up, I put the link above.

google is your friend.
So you are saying you applied for the $2000 CERB federal government and were denied? You also stated you were means tested with your assets being a factor correct? No provincial or federal program has this as a stipulation for funding requirement.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Banned

I just got the the Alberta number. I waited on line for 2 min at most. They still have to mail it but the process has started. Go get on line if you don't have this. You will need it at some point I am sure.