Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 07:10 PM

Default Official Online Fun Poker Club

Hi all.

I’m going to set up a poker club for AOF members.

Only thing you need to do is set up your pokerstars account. You get free play money chips. Every 4 hours you can log on and get another $15,000 free chips. Going to make it 20,000 free play chip tournaments. Announce time on this thread.

Program does all the tracking for games won etc.

This is for fun and play money bragging rights. I want people on that want to try and win but won’t fly off the handle if they lose. I don’t want bingo poker...all ins.

You can join to learn or know the game...doesn’t matter.

Let’s get our mind off the world’s problems and onto play money poker!

So get your account in order. You don’t need to buy chips but that is up to you.

Post if interested and/or ask questions. Pretty simple premise however. Competitive but free.

Cheers. Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-21-2020, 07:11 PM

Great idea! Help keep some of the cabin fever down.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:15 PM

Is there a password to join group?
Old 03-21-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
Is there a password to join group?
There will be information to join shortly as we see how many are interested. I played a tournament game with another group the other day and it worked well and was lots of fun.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-21-2020, 07:38 PM
Banned

Nice idea!! Not for me I get my butt killed playing "go fish"
Old 03-21-2020, 08:37 PM

I'm in. Already a member. I'll go easy.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-21-2020, 09:18 PM

Great idea. Looking forward to joining
Old 03-21-2020, 09:20 PM

Count me in .. Thanks
Old 03-21-2020, 09:57 PM
Banned

100% in!!
Old 03-22-2020, 11:02 AM

Default AOF Poker Club

Ok.

Seems to be enough interest to try this out.

I have set up a new club in Pokerstars.

Simply go to Pokerstars.com and download and set up your profile. We are playing play money so you don't need to pay any money for this. It is all free except my time setting this up. LOL.

You will start off with some free chips. Then after each and every 4 hours passes you can click Collect in the Cashier, under play money for your free 15,000 in chips.

A tournament will cost 20,000 with two buy ins and one top up to start. I may change that depending. I will start with 10 min blind intervals for a faster game and move to 15 if we have interest. At 15 min blinds it takes 5 hours for a game...full time for the last two players obviously, less if you get knocked out. I will post games on this thread. Please PM me if you want to be in the club. To keep a handle on who is in I will then pass along the Club ID # or name with the log in password.

Cheers y'all.

Sun

P.S. Maybe AOF can offer a hat to the person with the most points in a month? :-)
Old 03-22-2020, 12:25 PM

6 signed up so far.

Remember if new to pokerstars to keep clicking for the free 15000 chips.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:53 PM

Depending on the day/time, I may be able to jump into a game or two.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:05 PM

I'll bite. I'm a sucker for punishment. Being free is for me.
I am on Poker Stars already but been trying to play online and nothing comes up. It just says there are no games available at this time. I do the free play money only. Will send a pm SUN
Old 03-22-2020, 04:11 PM

Bottom right corner where it says more click on it then click on home games it's there i have signed in already.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:31 PM

already on Poker Stars I will be in
Old 03-22-2020, 04:32 PM

That bottom right click seems to be for members games. I was just looking to play on line with everyone else. Still says no games available. Waiting for PM from SUN to join that group
Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
100% in!!
Yesshhhh, he specifically said he doesn't want bingo players!
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 PM

Default 9 players have been sent invites so far

Log into pokerstars and join the AOF Poker Club using the Club ID and Invitation code that you have received via PM.

I have set up a tournament tonight for 7 pm. Please register right away as I have only 8 spots left. As we get more people I can run larger tournaments.

Hope you all have fun and that this is a fun thread...and yes Jamie...no bingo

Cheers

Sun
Old 03-22-2020, 05:20 PM

100 min. and counting to bring it on lol
Old 03-22-2020, 05:20 PM

Everyone that has asked to join either via PM or on this thread have been sent an invite. So far 4 are enrolled in the AOF Poker Club.

The first tournament starts at 7 pm today. You need to register in the AOR Poker Club section. To find the home games, look to the bottom right of the poker stars windows for the Icon. I believe you need to play from a computer versus an iPad, however open to be corrected on that point.

If you sign up for Poker Stars and get your free chips you should be able to play today. If need be, every 4 hours thereafter you can log into poker stars to collect 15,000 more free chips in order to play the next tournament.

If you need to learn poker...best we play for real money. LOL. Just kidding. Learn as you go and also poker stars has learning materials to review.

Whose excited!

Stepping out for a bit, when I return I will look for new people looking to join.

Thanks

Sun
Old 03-22-2020, 05:40 PM

80 min. and counting. I'm not a gambler but I'm betting this one will win. Every time I go fishing I'm gambling on a catch. Now it's time to fish for the gamblers
Old 03-22-2020, 06:34 PM

Come on people forget about the crap that is distancing you from some kinda fun. No money and might take your mind off of the crap that is amongst us. Everyone more than willing to put up over a thousand posts of speculation. Come have an hour or two of fun. Give your mind a break and play. All fun and free money. Don't even need a poker face lol 25 min and counting
Old 03-22-2020, 06:37 PM
Banned

Well, this should be fun!! How could we do something like this with real $$ though? Say $10 a person, winner takes all?
Old 03-22-2020, 06:44 PM

anyone else want in? First tourney is starting shortly! With 10 min blind and starting chips 10,000 it should be fun first trial run...
Old 03-22-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Well, this should be fun!! How could we do something like this with real $$ though? Say $10 a person, winner takes all?
Homey don't play dat!!!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:57 PM

There will be a few of us off line and not on the forum for a bit. We decided to have some fun. Yak at ya later
Old 03-22-2020, 07:00 PM

make it 7.30 and im in
Old 03-22-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
anyone else want in? First tourney is starting shortly! With 10 min blind and starting chips 10,000 it should be fun first trial run...
Can you send a direct link to the AO poker table ? I seem to be having a problem finding it.

TKS
Old 03-22-2020, 07:43 PM

Ok took awhile to get signed up. It’s been a few years. I remember the last one I played at you could talk to ea other. Is it poker stars? Looks like I have 35000 chips. I’ll be practicing up.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Can you send a direct link to the AO poker table ? I seem to be having a problem finding it.

TKS
Game started at 7. Registration lasts till 7:10 but game starts at 7

Find the table under “ my scheduled tournaments” when there is one for registering once you are in our AOF Poker Club