Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-08-2019, 11:43 AM

Default looking to become jr/option to buy out later

Hello all.
Been trapping locally as a resident trapper now for a few years, I am addicted. I've been curious about becoming a jr partner on a line, even just a weekend trip on a registered line would be pretty cool.

The dream is to have my own line one day, know an area like the back of my hand, become the steward of the land sorta dealio. My problem is that I do not have a lot of disposable income, id say the next 3 years ill be sitting quite well, I have a retirement job already at 26 (maintenance at a hospital), I am a journeyman electrician by trade but wanted to steer out of the construction side of things.

If anyone knows of a senior holder looking for a Jr I would love to get in touch, I have contacted my local ATA president to find out when our meetings are, I want to be a part of those and be in know of what is going on.

Enough of my rambling I guess, I really do appreciate the amount of knowledge on this forum, been lots of great posts!

Happy Trapping to all
Old 08-08-2019, 09:21 PM

TrapperD, you need to mention what areas you are interested in becoming a Junior then hope to take over line. You appear to be in Wembly area so suspect interested in line north of Peace River or South of Grande Prairie etc.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Id prefer something close, and with no cabin and be able to go and make it my own. In a perfect world line 1453 would be an absolute dream, been in the area, its an hour from home and has zero recent activity just abandoned wells and few roads, mostly old grown in cutlines with some established trails from off road enthusiasts.

But in the real world ill take any experience I can get.

Thanks

Last edited by Trapperdylan; 08-09-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Tags
junior partner, trapping