Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-19-2018, 10:12 AM

Default Importing Firearms from South Africa

Hey Everyone,

a buddy of mine has family in South Africa where his father just passed and he would like to get his father's firearms into Canada...

Ideas?
Old 06-19-2018, 11:11 AM

This link might help, we used it to obtain temporary export permits for travel with firearms. It may help you with your import. Prophet River may be able to help as well. I believe they will import a firearm for folks

Hope some of this helps

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/im-ex-eng.htm
Old 06-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Default We should be

Shipping firearms to South Africa as they are going to need them if the ANC goes through with their threat of ethnically cleansing the Boer farmers.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 PM

There is No problem bringing them to Canada as long as they are within the conditions of you Pal.
Several yrs ago the RSAGovernment band anyone who didn’t own a rim fire at the time, from getting one! If citizens owned them prior to that date the could retain them and upon death they would be distroyed.
About 5 yrs after that we found out every school in RSA has 22rf in them foe education purposes. The are being held in several storage bunkers throughout the country. We contacted the govt there and offered to purchase all or a portion of those guns, and have them shipped here and or the US ......
The response from the South African Government was that no firearms are allowed to leave the country other then those same guns that were allowed in by the owner of those guns. For the purpose of hunting or compatition!
So I think it will be tough, even though it doesn’t make sence! Unless the person here is the registered owner of those guns in RSA... Then it might be ok.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:13 PM

Let your mate call me, I'll send you my phone number, I've been dealing with this very thing for some time now.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:04 AM

Not sure if it helps with SA, but I used the people at irunguns.com when I brought up an old 22LR pistol from the states recently. They may be able to help/have some words of wisdom. Cost was pretty reasonable, and absolutely no headaches.