Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerifield View Post
Speaking from the UK, a country that long ago decimated a lot of it's indigenous wildlife (before we knew better), to see people treating their local wildlife like this is unbelievably evil, heart-breaking and disgusting.

These are the kind of people who go on to inflict violence on other humans in later life ... name and shame them before they do the same to someone or something you love. Your town is now internationally famous for all the wrong reasons ......

If this happened in the UK these POS would get lynched!
We don't lynch people here anymore, it's rather boorish....rule of law, public shaming, and some punishment and financial cost is what should happen. Not killing them.

As far as our town being internationally famous for all the wrong reasons, perhaps so. By the same token one could say that London is internationally famous for all the extremist terrorist attacks that have occurred there, and the loss of human lives. Doesn't mean we think all Londoners are extremist terrorist though. And not everybody in northern Alberta is an animal torturing monster like those kids are either. In fact, we are just as outraged and sickened as all the animal lovers in the UK.

Perspective.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-20-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Is it? How about gophers, birds,mice. Am I a future serial killer? I'd look at the generation of parents of these kids THAT is where the problem lies
>>
I'm sure bb meant the manner in which this Coyote was brutally ortured and killed. Gophers and birds are shot, while mice are trapped, with the goal in mind, that all die instantly.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Is it? How about gophers, birds,mice. Am I a future serial killer? I'd look at the generation of parents of these kids THAT is where the problem lies
its in the way they proceeded to do this and the enjoyment they had. Thats where you have to wonder whats goin on up in the ol cuckoo clock...
Old 11-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Banned

I can't even read the story let alone watch the video.

Extermination is the only way to fix these "people".
Old 11-20-2018, 02:05 PM

Some people are going crazy on here,Like one fellow saying exterminate the kids because they killed a coyote by knocking it on the head.Coyotes would have no problem ripping apart your dog or cat or your livestock.I thought this was a green peace forum at first.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
Some people are going crazy on here,Like one fellow saying exterminate the kids because they killed a coyote by knocking it on the head.Coyotes would have no problem ripping apart your dog or cat or your livestock.I thought this was a green peace forum at first.
>>
That's where humans and animals are supposed to be different. Coyotes do what they do to survive, albeit to their own demise. No green peace here, just folks who know what went on was not right in an way, shape or form.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I get your point, but I think all animals deserve to be dispatched as quickly and humanely as possible, not tortured to death.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Actually most are upset by the lack of empathy and enjoyment garnered by the torture. It shows a sick little mind that will probably get worse. It's a shame you don't seem to understand the problem.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
They didn't just bang it on the head, after running it over they kicked it and picked it up by the feet slamming into the sled. A clean kill is one thing this was torture for their amusement I would assume the coyote ended up in the garbage (wasted)
Old 11-20-2018, 02:24 PM

Don't YouTube Snowmobiler runs down Coyote...

There's 1 real nasty one on the site.

Unfortunate situation for sure, not good to think this happens in todays world
Old 11-21-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I have to agree with this statement.

This is going to get me banned but reading the crap most of you people posting is making my blood boil. I guarantee if you were losing $10,000 or more a year in lost cattle you would change your stance of how coyotes are killed. When a person kills 1 coyote every second day while doing chores and still loses the first 5 or 6 calves at the start of calving season year after year, it really changes your perspective.

When you grab a bale of hay out of a pile with a grapple bucket on a tractor and you got a coyote pinched in it because the dam animals have burrowed into the pile making a den. Tell me what the hell would you guys do? Let it go? NO, you use the hammer that is in the cab to finish the job. What about when you back a bale shredder into a row of bales to load bales and you scoop a coyote into the machine. Is that a good, humane way for you guys? Or do you guys think that a person should get out of the tractor every time and “shoo“ the coyotes away so as not to hurt them.

Do I agree how the kids kill that coyote: YES
Do I agree with them posting it online: NO

I have never seen so many stupid comments in one thread in my life.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
its in the way they proceeded to do this and the enjoyment they had. Thats where you have to wonder whats goin on up in the ol cuckoo clock...
Exactly! Nobody here has an issue with killing coyotes, if it's done in a humane manner. If they had given the coyote a blow or two to the head and killed it quickly, I would have no issue with this, but these individuals seemed to enjoy making the coyote suffer.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-21-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lund17 View Post

This is going to get me banned but reading the crap most of you people posting is making my blood boil. I guarantee if you were losing $10,000 or more a year in lost cattle you would change your stance of how coyotes are killed. When a person kills 1 coyote every second day while doing chores and still loses the first 5 or 6 calves at the start of calving season year after year, it really changes your perspective.

When you grab a bale of hay out of a pile with a grapple bucket on a tractor and you got a coyote pinched in it because the dam animals have burrowed into the pile making a den. Tell me what the hell would you guys do? Let it go? NO, you use the hammer that is in the cab to finish the job. What about when you back a bale shredder into a row of bales to load bales and you scoop a coyote into the machine. Is that a good, humane way for you guys? Or do you guys think that a person should get out of the tractor every time and “shoo“ the coyotes away so as not to hurt them.

Go ahead and shoot the coyotes, but to run them over with a sled and beat it to death is absolutely disgusting. NO amount of money lost would have me doing something like this to any animal.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Give your head a shake!!!
The things you describe are unintentional and mostly accidental. However the HUGE difference between what you are talking about and what those POS's did is quite substantial. They ran down, tortured, and beat that animal to death. If you have to dispatch an animal, do it quickly and with respect and dignity to the animal. Their behavior is downright disgusting and really troubling because it really alludes to their behavior in the future...

P.S. I can completely sympathize the loss of farm animals due to wildlife, but last time I checked the wild animals were here first and then we took over their land and started decreasing their real estate due to our needs. So to complain about that is not really relevant but is unfortunately the cost of doing business.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Pretty sickening.
I have no issues with dispatching a coyote as efficiently and cleanly as possible, but these kids tortured that creature and enjoyed it. They didnt accidentally spear it with a bale tine then put it out of its misery quickly, they showed zero mercy or respect. They recorded it to enjoy and share with others demonstrating impressively poor decision making.
Oh well. The law will handle this one.
To anyone outside the hunting community may I say this does not represent in any way the ethics we preach or practice.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:

You are losing 10,000 a year to coyotes?

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-21-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:

I think the point of most posts whizzed by you at high speed. Please re-read and reconsider why you would support torture as opposed to humane dispatch.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:

Again lack of any empathy shows a pretty troubled mind. Not an opinion, just a fact......
Old 11-21-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknorthernjk View Post
Pretty sickening.
I have no issues with dispatching a coyote as efficiently and cleanly as possible, but these kids tortured that creature and enjoyed it. They didnt accidentally spear it with a bale tine then put it out of its misery quickly, they showed zero mercy or respect. They recorded it to enjoy and share with others demonstrating impressively poor decision making.
Oh well. The law will handle this one.
To anyone outside the hunting community may I say this does not represent in any way the ethics we preach or practice.
Unfortunately it does seem to reflect some hunters on here ethics (or lack of).
Old 11-21-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:

I do not agree that my perspective would change to the point where I would torture them prior to dispatching them. Being desensitized to killing pest animals is not what anyone has issue with, nor does anyone have issue with shooting them for sport or whopping them with a hammer as you described.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

I agree with you. It's irrelevant how a coyote dies. Once it's dead it doesn't know, remember, or care if it was shot or skinned alive. Life goes on and all is forgotten.

Modern humans have become so stupid, weak, and cowardly that most of them see the coyote and think "what if that was me dying slowly and painfully?" They see the young guys and think "what if they kill me, my wife, or my children next?" Their answer of course, all they've known and been taught, is to sell their soul to the government for "safety" by trying to make everyone else as weak as they are. But in the long run this will be disastrous for them.

Back in reality, the only real safety is through strength, not weakness, and the reality of danger, cruelty and death are things that ought to be accepted, not feared or hidden from.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersteve View Post
I agree with you. It's irrelevant how a coyote dies. Once it's dead it doesn't know, remember, or care if it was shot or skinned alive. Life goes on and all is forgotten.

Modern humans have become so stupid, weak, and cowardly that most of them see the coyote and think "what if that was me dying slowly and painfully?" They see the young guys and think "what if they kill me, my wife, or my children next?" Their answer of course, all they've known and been taught, is to sell their soul to the government for "safety" by trying to make everyone else as weak as they are. But in the long run this will be disastrous for them.

Back in reality, the only real safety is through strength, not weakness, and the reality of danger, cruelty and death are things that ought to be accepted, not feared or hidden from.
This all sounds familiar, enjoy your stay.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-21-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:

What?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
What?

He's a troll in about his 6th incarnation.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-21-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
He's a troll in about his 6th incarnation.
Yes I know. He’s a Raven Lunatic!!! Lol
Old 11-21-2018, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
What?
Basically my view is that people should mind their own business and focus on their own lives rather than trying to drag others down. I realize that's hard for some people to understand, many people actually live for the sole purpose of trying to drag others down.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Basically my view is that people should mind their own business and focus on their own lives rather than trying to drag others down. I realize that's hard for some people to understand, many people actually live for the sole purpose of trying to drag others down.
Well that I can agree with sir. And after re reading your first post here, there is a lot of truth to it.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well that I can agree with sir. And after re reading your first post here, there is a lot of truth to it.
Thanks for re-reading it. I realize I got a bit off topic, I was just agreeing with lund that it doesn't really matter how an animal dies. Think about your own upcoming death for example. Even if you are tortured for the last hour, what does 1 hour of pain at the end of your life matter? It's a little blip that's quickly forgotten forever as soon as you expire. It seems like one of the least important things in the world to me, the least important hour of your life.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:43 PM

Is today Celebrate Mental Illness Day, and I missed it? What a bunch of warped mental masturbation in some recent posts.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-21-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:

You'd have gotten along well with Atilla the Hun and Adolph Hitler.

Grizz
Closed Thread