Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:40 PM

They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Then maybe once they recognize the errors of their way, some long term community service, a whooping by Dad behind the shed etc afterwards as well. There is absolutely no excusing what they did. With cruelty like that there my be some mental health issues going on.

But saying you'd like to see them harmed, or run them over with a sled etc is just as bad as guys like Ricky Gervais losing his mind over Trophy Hunting and saying those people need to die. Perspective is everything.

My two bits
Old 11-19-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawibunga View Post
They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Then maybe once they recognize the errors of their way, some long term community service, a whooping by Dad behind the shed etc afterwards as well. There is absolutely no excusing what they did. With cruelty like that there my be some mental health issues going on.

But saying you'd like to see them harmed, or run them over with a sled etc is just as bad as guys like Ricky Gervais losing his mind over Trophy Hunting and saying those people need to die. Perspective is everything.

My two bits
I'm guessing there will be no whooping from dad, animals like this are a product of their upbringing.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-19-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I'm guessing there will be no whooping from dad, animals like this are a product of their upbringing.
Agreed My first thoughts when I saw this were they had to learn this behaviour to animals was acceptable from someone. Same with sledding a dog down - heard someone talking about it or saw it done.

I hope the punishment includes taking the sleds as this would impact whoever bought them as the kids could not afford that level of toy.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:59 PM

The whole thing makes me sick.

At least one of those sleds looks fairly new and worth a fair bit of coin. My suspicions are that these are spoiled brats. Either way, an old fashioned whuppin should be in order.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:03 PM

I agree with piker, likely a learned behavior. I know a guy who used to get a new sled every year from running coyotes on the river ice.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:07 PM

Agreed, the seizing of the sleds would absolutely make Mom and Dad think harder about what these boys are up to, and the consequences of their actions. And if there's others doing the same, they may think twice. Unfortunately it may be the case of the apple not falling far from the tree.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawibunga View Post

My two bits
I am not in favor of corporal punishment, but it is hard to be empathetic to someone getting off on torturing another creature to death and it really makes one wonder what the impact will be on society as guys like this get older.

Agree with you though, must have been some nasty stuff in the back story, of the ringleader at least, that would be impossible to understand without the right perspective.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:14 PM

WTH is wrong with people these days? If they’d do that to a coyote what else are they capable of or doing something like this too?

I don’t really care for coyotes, and have **** my share. It’s the act these fellows did that is really disturbing!

BW
Old 11-19-2018, 07:40 PM

I cannot believe the Mom defended these actions . I know my parents were older and therefore brought me up much stricter than most today...and I can promise you that my Ma would have tuned me up good before sending me to Pa for a retune.

It used to be that an action had an often serious reaction, while now you can almost whine your way out of anything. Made me ill to read the article, couldn’t take seeing the vid.

Nothing legal will happen to the little pukestains, although if there is any Karma left on this planet maybe, just maybe they will wipe out on their sleds...doing around 90.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
They say a lack of empathy when torturing any animal is the sign of one mixed up and future dangerous brain.

These “kids” need help.
>>>
This folks. These kids have to be treated or their deviant activities will continue to escalate as they grow older. A total head examination at the minimum is needed.
A slap on the wrist will make them feel they got away with it.

Sickens me to no end as well.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM

Brilliant Bozos... the puppy huggers and PETA Pets are going to have a ball over this one...
Old 11-19-2018, 08:03 PM

Post their names and let nature run it's course. They will never work again outside of their own little inbred area. Their trashy mother deserves to be dealt with also just for not drowning them at birth.....
Old 11-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Banned

Where is the entire video?
Old 11-19-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Critter View Post
Brilliant Bozos... the puppy huggers and PETA Pets are going to have a ball over this one...
And they should.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Where is the entire video?
Found this chopped up 53 second video on the CTV News site:
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video-sh...alta-1.4183591
I do not know if this is the full video that was originally posted to fecesbook.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-19-2018, 08:45 PM

Their is no question this is disgusting display of disrespect to wildlife, it ranks right up their with a lot of things I've observed over the last few years and truth be told its not just us inbred folks up in this area its ramped through out. this kind of behaviour is not being exercised on our wildlife its happening to innocent folks as well. the lack of respect and morals for life in general can be seen throughout this beautiful country. our ancestors spilled their blood to give us the opportunity to thrive on this land and with this comes a responsibility that shouldnt be taken lightly. Hunting & fishing is a heritage passed onto me buy my father and his before ect.... I can say the youth of this era are being schooled buy US! and what they see on social media until we wake up and see the damage its causing this is only the beginning folks. Acts like this look poorly on all hunters who follow the codes passed onto them and anybody young or old with the B***S to commit such disrespect have made the statement that they should be able to stand up for their actions and not hide behind mommy and daddy! Sad very sad poor taste fellas.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
I saw some chatter on FB where one of the Mothers of these POS's is defending their behaviour, poor little Johnny, you don't understand!!!! Telling everyone that if they knew a yotie was worth $200 to $500 they'd be doing the same! Unbelieveable....
What page was this on? Mind boggling that someone could defend this kind of thing
Old 11-19-2018, 09:19 PM

Interesting:

Desecrating the Ark: Animal Abuse and the Law's Role in Prevention | Animal Legal & Historical Center

https://www.animallaw.info/article/d...ole-prevention

Animal Cruelty, Antisocial Behaviour and Aggression: More Than a Link - Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Book Reviews

http://clcjbooks.rutgers.edu/books/a...nd-aggression/

Animal Cruelty Syndrome

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/m...ighting-t.html

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-19-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:23 PM

The names of the boys who did this are pretty common knowledge up here now, they also posted on instagram apparently. My son gave me the lowdown, social media is going to be the great Justice Bringer for the young sociopaths. I'm not putting up names, but will say the family with the mom defending her precious boy, are pure trash.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-20-2018, 05:11 AM

Default The eyes of the World are now on these scumbags.......

Speaking from the UK, a country that long ago decimated a lot of it's indigenous wildlife (before we knew better), to see people treating their local wildlife like this is unbelievably evil, heart-breaking and disgusting.

These are the kind of people who go on to inflict violence on other humans in later life ... name and shame them before they do the same to someone or something you love. Your town is now internationally famous for all the wrong reasons ......

If this happened in the UK these POS would get lynched!
Old 11-20-2018, 05:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
I never trust CBC, not ever!!!!
Yup nor anyone involved with the news or social media etc.....thier interpretation and agenda....heck through in a lawyer and a politician and a few used car salesmen too.....please add to the list......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-20-2018, 05:33 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
This is true to this thread and many others....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrib View Post
so what should happen to these guys ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tion-1.4911574
Well, you could look up the clown from Maple ridge BC who killed the Pink Flamingos at the Vancouver Aquarium .
I'm thinking the social justice department will be putting the fear into those to puttzez.
I dont like coyotes and will take the opportunity to shoot or run them over (considered vermin in BC), but to chase them down with a snow machine till exhausted and then try and beat it or inflict more pain and suffering all for some social media page is beyond me.
Btw, when I say run one over I mean if it is on the side of the road or trotting on the side of the road, not chase it down like those two idiots.
Rob
Old 11-20-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD111 View Post
I cannot believe the Mom defended these actions . I know my parents were older and therefore brought me up much stricter than most today...and I can promise you that my Ma would have tuned me up good before sending me to Pa for a retune.

It used to be that an action had an often serious reaction, while now you can almost whine your way out of anything. Made me ill to read the article, couldn’t take seeing the vid.

Nothing legal will happen to the little pukestains, although if there is any Karma left on this planet maybe, just maybe they will wipe out on their sleds...doing around 90.
Yup, I know too from what you speak of.
Rob
Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 AM

The killing of small animals is one of the signs of future serial killers. These boys should be psychiatrically examined.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:23 AM

Seize the snowmobiles, and give them each a $5k fine, and prohibit them from riding snowmobiles for five years.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:42 AM

I would not want to meet my father at the front door if he ever found out I was involved in a sickening act such as that because I would have paid dearly for it. Unethical, unjust and totally uncalled for. I say throw the book at the little bastards because I can almost guarantee you Mommy and Daddy did nothing when little Jr. got home and probably never did for anything else his whole life. This kind of stuff by today's youth makes me sick to my ****** stomach.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Critter View Post
You seem more concerned over the fact that they posted it rather than about the act itself?
Old 11-20-2018, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbeast View Post
The killing of small animals is one of the signs of future serial killers. These boys should be psychiatrically examined.
Is it? How about gophers, birds,mice. Am I a future serial killer? I'd look at the generation of parents of these kids THAT is where the problem lies
Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 AM

Losing their sleds with some weekends cleaning kennels at the local SPCA would be a good life lesson.
Closed Thread