Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2017, 07:41 AM

The Oilers had 20 crappy minutes last night. 19 minutes of the 1st period and the 1st minute of the 2nd. Pulling Talbot woke the troops up and from that point on they dominated in puck possession, shots on goal, and chances. Despite their efforts they could only get 1 by a goalie who was standing on his head.

What was the name of the goalie that played for the Oilers a few years ago and broke a record for saves in a single game? He was from Spruce Grove/Stony Plain I believe. That was 1 of the worst games ever played by the Oilers and we still won. Some nights you can't beat a hot goalie.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
The Oilers had 20 crappy minutes last night. 19 minutes of the 1st period and the 1st minute of the 2nd. Pulling Talbot woke the troops up and from that point on they dominated in puck possession, shots on goal, and chances. Despite their efforts they could only get 1 by a goalie who was standing on his head.

What was the name of the goalie that played for the Oilers a few years ago and broke a record for saves in a single game? He was from Spruce Grove/Stony Plain I believe. That was 1 of the worst games ever played by the Oilers and we still won. Some nights you can't beat a hot goalie.
I disagree. 2 bad periods and 1 mediocre 1 isn't going to cut in this league anymore. Yeah goalie was hot but LB kept us in the game to give the boys a chance.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
I disagree. 2 bad periods and 1 mediocre 1 isn't going to cut in this league anymore. Yeah goalie was hot but LB kept us in the game to give the boys a chance.
The final score was 3-2. The puck spent the final 5 minutes in the Vancouver crease. It wasn't the Oilers best game by any means and they will need to play a full 60 minutes to win hockey games, but we didn't get beat 10-1, like last years Champs.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:05 AM

Yyyup!

The boys need to wake up. No more dipsy doodle defense exits with the puck!!

Bennington!
Russel!

Yah... you two silly goombahs!

Baby Nuge played a great game! Lucic needs to realize he's got time with the puck.
Kass did great!

McJesus better get used to having a Tikkanen follow him around a hack the crap out of him all game...... boy he was mad.

Coach is going to chew them one today.

But Hey hey!
We got a real backup goalie..... he played a very very fine game.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-09-2017, 09:47 PM

I thought McDavid on a crappy team would be enough to put them over the edge, maybe I was wrong. Even went so far as to pick Talbot in my pool.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:48 PM

Nice to see the Oilers dominating every aspect of the game again, except the scoreboard. But, it was 'just the Jets'.....

Probably just a statistical anomaly, to lose to a couple of 'inferior' teams in a row like that.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-09-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Nice to see the Oilers dominating every aspect of the game again, except the scoreboard. But, it was 'just the Jets'.....

Probably just a statistical anomaly, to lose to a couple of 'inferior' teams in a row like that.
Agreed. To play 3 inferior teams already and only leave with 2 points is a bad start.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:49 AM

seems kind of quiet on here this morning.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Agreed. To play 3 inferior teams already and only leave with 2 points is a bad start.
Right? A bad start. Yeah. And even more embarrassing than expected. They just need McDavid to wake up and save them, because they aren't making the playoffs any other way except on his back. Even though the whole team dominates every aspect of the game. Unless they don't.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone