Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Banned

Default Canada Post Rant

On Monday I finally ordered my riflr from Wolverine in MB
Evan was super awesome to deal with, had every answer I needed and in general they were a pleasure to deal with.
He said the rifle would ship Tuesday morning and according to Canada Post tracking it did.
When I checked my tracking number it said the delivery date was Friday the 22nd and it was already in saskatoon early tues morning.
Last night before bed I checked again. Said it was same delivery date, and that it was now in Edmonton ( I live in Edmonton)
When I woke this morning I looked and was shocked to find the date was changed to the 25th, and THE PACKAGE WAS NOW IN CALGARY!!!
I literally did a double take...WTF??
I phoned Canada Post..... "we are sorry sir, we dont know what went wrong..'' blah blah blah.
I phoned Wolverine and they quickly looked into it. He phoned me back and Canada Post told him it was sent to Calgary because they didnt have enough staff to process that truck. What a bunch of BS
We cant even start a ticket because technically its not late...
I %@&%@!* hate Canada post!!
Honestly I can not think of one single instance where everything went right, maybe Im just unlucky
I no longer will do business with anyone who only ships with Canada Post.
Like I said Nothing but praise for Wolverine Sports but I wish there were other options
Old 09-21-2017, 12:39 PM

Sounds about right.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Huh. Well, I have shipped and received many firearms by Canada Post, never had one lost or damaged, and generally delivered on time, or at most a day late which is usually a local sorting problem. So I guess it I got the luck that you didn't. I will keep using them exclusively.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Banned

I must be one of the lucky ones as well. I have received excellent service dozens of times over the years.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:08 PM
Banned

Its a couple days. Not a big deal.
Just such a waste. Ship it to Edmonton then to Calgary, then back to Edmonton
When I asked if it would still be delivered tomorrow, they replied "we dont ship anything on the weekends" Huh??? She didnt even know what day of week it was. Being a day late is not too much of an issue. Dealing with them is.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:09 PM

Default CP

I have also had good luck so far. Sometimes a couple days late, but always arrives.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Huh. Well, I have shipped and received many firearms by Canada Post, never had one lost or damaged, and generally delivered on time, or at most a day late which is usually a local sorting problem. So I guess it I got the luck that you didn't. I will keep using them exclusively.

Amen to that. Compared to Fedex or UPS Canada Post are rock stars, and a hell of a lot cheaper. I just sold a schwack of stuff in the last 2 weeks. All shipped Canada post and all got there dead on time. Biggest bill for a rifle was $35.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Amen to that. Compared to Fedex or UPS Canada Post are rock stars, and a hell of a lot cheaper. I just sold a schwack of stuff in the last 2 weeks. All shipped Canada post and all got there dead on time. Biggest bill for a rifle was $35.
For sure ! Three days from Winnipeg tp AB for a rifle and Insurance, door to door, for less than $40.00 is pretty darn good. Never had an issue with Canada Post. Hope my luck holds.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Banned

I was sure it would arrive to, but when I saw it say that it left Edmonton and went to calgary I had to investigate. Maybe they put the wrong address?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
For sure ! Three days from Winnipeg tp AB for a rifle and Insurance, door to door, for less than $40.00 is pretty darn good. Never had an issue with Canada Post. Hope my luck holds.
thats what they said 3 days.
Then when it arrived in Edmonton they tacked on 3 more days and shipped it to Calgary.. lol
Old 09-21-2017, 01:33 PM

Wonder why they always have financial problems eh?

On a related note, I ordered a bino harness from Utah. 6 states later (including 3 return visits) it finally made it to Canada, then 4 cities later to me. On time, but seems rather inefficient. Oh well. Better than Fedex.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:41 PM

I love Wolverine in Virden. Awesome guys to deal with.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Banned

As I've mentioned in previous Canada Post 'rants' (they seem to occur every couple of months)...you had a bad experience so it seems bad to you.
But we ship about 10-30 items every day...and through 20 years experience I can tell you that on the whole, Canada Post is the most reliable and cost effective.
I have a friend (true story) who had trouble with his C300 Mercedes last fall that was about 3 months old. I guess they are all pieces of crap, right?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
I love Wolverine in Virden. Awesome guys to deal with.
X2
Tony and Evan are great to deal with. Knowledgeable of their protects, and nice guys.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
As I've mentioned in previous Canada Post 'rants' (they seem to occur every couple of months)...you had a bad experience so it seems bad to you.
But we ship about 10-30 items every day...and through 20 years experience I can tell you that on the whole, Canada Post is the most reliable and cost effective.
I have a friend (true story) who had trouble with his C300 Mercedes last fall that was about 3 months old. I guess they are all pieces of crap, right?
Nope I have the same car.
I get what you are saying though
Old 09-21-2017, 02:07 PM

CP is far from perfect but its the best we have, 90% of the time I have no problems a couple extra days is nothing to get excited about.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyDistracting View Post
When I woke this morning I looked and was shocked to find the date was changed to the 25th, and THE PACKAGE WAS NOW IN CALGARY!!!
I phoned Canada Post..... "we are sorry sir, we dont know what went wrong..'' blah blah blah.
I phoned Wolverine and they quickly looked into it. He phoned me back and Canada Post told him it was sent to Calgary because they didnt have enough staff to process that truck. What a bunch of BS
Step back and take a deep breath.

You said yourself it's not late, so what's the problem?

I do ALOT of online shopping, know what I do when something is late? I wait a little bit more... No problem

Life can be tough, when ya sweat the small stuff
Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM

When dealing with couriers, I don't think a parcel being delivered on Monday (presumably) instead of the previous Friday is really anything to complain about. Three days late, delivered in good conditions could almost be cause for praise these days.

I thought this was going to be about a misplaced parcel, seriously damaged on arrival, delivered to the neighbor who isn't home and the rifle is now gone, etc.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:23 PM

At least you didn't use one of the fedex fiasco's! It would be en route to Toronto.

Hope Canada post has enough manpower to process the truck in Calgary or they may need to ship it to Vancouver!

BW
Old 09-21-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
On Monday I finally ordered my riflr from Wolverine in MB
Evan was super awesome to deal with, had every answer I needed and in general they were a pleasure to deal with.
He said the rifle would ship Tuesday morning and according to Canada Post tracking it did.
When I checked my tracking number it said the delivery date was Friday the 22nd and it was already in saskatoon early tues morning.
Last night before bed I checked again. Said it was same delivery date, and that it was now in Edmonton ( I live in Edmonton)
Honestly I can not think of one single instance where everything went right, maybe Im just unlucky
I no longer will do business with anyone who only ships with Canada Post.
Like I said Nothing but praise for Wolverine Sports but I wish there were other options
Greyhound. Next day delivery cost maybe 15 bucks. I had a bumper for my truck shipped from GP to Airdrie for 50 bucks. 1 day.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:32 PM

I don't have a problem with Canada Post except, that our rural mailboxes have been broken into 3 times so far this year. The Post Mistress said these new boxes are almost burglar proof. The 1st time the individual locks were drilled out and the 2nd and 3rd times the main door and the parcel door were pried open. I have any parcels delivered to the PO at the Drug Store in town and I get an email saying it is ready to be picked up.

The Post Mistress said that the thieves are involved in identity theft. Don't know what identity they would get that you can get from many other sources much easier.

Anyway, that's my little rant.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 PM

Canada post all the way.

Earlier this year there were a bunch of parcels that were supposed to be sent to Canada via FedEx from the USA. Several hundred parcels from a company from a Kickstarter campaign. Somehow Fedex shipped them all to GERMANY where they held onto them for a few weeks and then finally handed them off to the German Post to deliver. They finally made it to Canada and were delivered by Canada post nearly 2 months later, some people still haven't received theirs 6 or 8 months later and had to be resent.

What was Fedexs response? Nothing at all.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Step back and take a deep breath.

You said yourself it's not late, so what's the problem?

I do ALOT of online shopping, know what I do when something is late? I wait a little bit more... No problem

Life can be tough, when ya sweat the small stuff
Like I said, waiting is not what ****es me off. Its the BS I have to go through to make sure its actually going to get to Edmonton
Itd also be helpful if they would tell the same story to the vendor as they tell me. Late is ok. The BS is not
Old 09-21-2017, 04:43 PM

I had a tractor part shipped from England to a rural Cochrane address and the shipper used DHL. They got it to canada over the weekend, then DHL lost it for a week or so, I saw online tracking it was on trucks every day for delivery. Then they shipped it up to sundre from calgary. back to calgary , then on a couple differant trucks for delivery, then they called me to say I live outside their delivery area and I would need to pick it up in Calgary at the airport.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Banned

14:02
Item has arrived in Edmonton

LMAO
Old 09-21-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Like I said, waiting is not what ****es me off. Its the BS I have to go through to make sure its actually going to get to Edmonton
Itd also be helpful if they would tell the same story to the vendor as they tell me. Late is ok. The BS is not
You think what your doing helps get it to your address? They've been delivering packages forever, I think they know how to do it.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-21-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure it will get to Edmonton just fine without you actually doing anything....
Old 09-21-2017, 05:07 PM

I ordered a rifle from tradeex on Sept1, got an expected delivery date from Can Post of Sept 12th, This was fine because of the Labour day weekend. The rifle was deliver to my door in Leduc on Sept 5th. That's totally unexpected service.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:47 PM

Canada Post being a day late...not a big deal. I had a courier deliver a brand new Sig P226, and 1000 rounds of .40 S&W ammo to a house a block away from me, same house number. Signature required...was left on front step for 3 days, 100 feet away from our playground. The fellow who lived there was in camp, came home and had a wtf moment, but was good enough to track me down. That would have made headlines if the wrong delinquent had lifted the package!!

I also bought my wife an original painting for our 20th anniversary, that went AWOL between the gallery in Calgary and our home in GP. It didn't get offloaded from the transport truck in GP, instead, it went to Prince George, Fort Nelson, Prince Rupert....the shipper said they would 'replace it'. Really? It's not a 52" Samsung HDTV! The glazed look on the lady's face when I explained 'original work of art' was precious. I told her it wasn't even a velvet Elvis or dogs playing poker. We got it 10 days after it left Calgary, undamaged....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170401_171853.jpg (31.7 KB, 26 views)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-21-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Banned

I never have a problem with Canada Post.

I always get my bills delivered on time.