Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

Default Opinions on Stella

I'm wondering if anyone who has a 2014 (FI) or newer model can tell me if there is much of an improvement in performance over the 2010-2013 (FE) model? I have a 2004-2006 (FB) model and a 2010-2013 (FE) model and I actually think the FB model feels a bit smoother.

I'm thinking about getting a new reel but I've heard some guys were having problems with the drag washers on the FI model so I might just wait for the new model to come out before I grab one.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:24 PM

I have owned Stella for years but now am using the Stradic CI4 Just cannot justify the price difference between the 2. That being said the Stella is still one remarkable reel and I have the 4000 on a Loomis 7ft. med action, great for bottom bouncing and pulling cranks.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
I have owned Stella for years but now am using the Stradic CI4 Just cannot justify the price difference between the 2. That being said the Stella is still one remarkable reel and I have the 4000 on a Loomis 7ft. med action, great for bottom bouncing and pulling cranks.
I bought my Dad the Stradic CI4, it's a nice reel but the stem curves too soon and sharply so after a few casts it starts to get uncomfortable because the knuckle on my middle finger starts getting squished between the stem and the rod. The Sustain's and the Stella's fit my fingers better because the stem goes straight down for a longer distance before curving back.

I'm thinking of getting a 2000 to put on a 6'-6" loomis for perch and trout. I just sold one of my Sustain's, a 5000 because I don't really have a need for that size of reel, so I was thinking of putting that money towards a new Stella, but if there isn't really much difference between the FE and the FI then I'm not going to bother. All my spinning reels are between 2500 and 3000 size with the exception of a little Sedona 2000 that I was thinking of replacing. Another reel I was considering was the Diawa Steez with it being so light weight I think it would make for a nice light tackle reel. I have a Certate 2510PE that I really like and they say the Steez is the same thing in a lighter reel because the Steez is made with Zaion rather than cast aluminum.