Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentSpokesman View Post
I knew EXACTLY where I was. He walked into the Crown from his own land. He openly admitted that it's Crown land several times on video.

What this was, was an effort to try and intimidate me / us from hunting 3 1/4s of raw Crown because it's "his spot".

What's unfortunate is that had the little greaseball showed up and had some class / manners, he would have had a plate of breakfast, coffee & Baileys, a friendly chat and left with a handshake and a couple less guys ever hunting "his spot" again.

Even if he would have realized 1/2 way through his hissy fit that maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all and apologized he probably could have salvaged it.

Instead, now he has a camp full of hunters who couldn't care less about "his spot". We probably would have even just let it go if he would have stormed off and left it at that. Instead he spent in excess of 70 minutes (the first time) flying up and down a mile long, 2 track lease road doing 80+ and firing his stupid SKS off. We collected 207 7.62X39 brass today off the road. The road is literally less than 3 feet from my trailer (very limited camping around here). And there are 3 kids under 10 in our camp. Then he came back and did it all over again for even longer. Then he came back a third time).

Despite 3 calls to the rcmp and solid video evidence (face, name & license plate) of him clearly shooting his gun in the air while driving his truck, nobody came out to put a stop to this. (15 whole minutes away from the detachment).

Once F&W gets through with the dozens of calls about this idiots brethren hopefully they show up and discuss some firearms offences.

Not sure if the guy was drunk, high or just plain stupid. I tend to lean towards the latter. Who in their right mind pulls something like this on 5 large grown men by yourself? Seems like a good way not to make it home that day if you pull the wrong guys chain....

Sorry to hear about your experience with that idiot. Sounds like you were in a nice spot. You did nothing wrong and everything right. I have come across these types of land owners far too often as well who think because they border crown land that the land is more theirs than anyone else and have quite the ego and sense of entitlement and go to great lengths to keep others out. I can't believe that this idiot drove up and down the road like that shooting and everything, he will be charged for several offences if you have evidence and several witnesses. Those are the types of idiots that take the fun out of it completely. Nobody should ever be spoken to or treated how you were even if someone makes an honest mistake every now and then. People need to be reasonable and rationale, it goes a long ways.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Banned

This thread reminds me of a YouTube video I watched just the other day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBPsMCmMJA

Old 09-17-2017, 03:45 AM

So was this greasy guy the rag bull or the shooter? Ha.
It can happen anywhere, nothing you could have done any differently.

TBark
Old 09-17-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I knew EXACTLY where I was. He walked into the Crown from his own land. He openly admitted that it's Crown land several times on video.

What this was, was an effort to try and intimidate me / us from hunting 3 1/4s of raw Crown because it's "his spot".

What's unfortunate is that had the little greaseball showed up and had some class / manners, he would have had a plate of breakfast, coffee & Baileys, a friendly chat and left with a handshake and a couple less guys ever hunting "his spot" again.

Even if he would have realized 1/2 way through his hissy fit that maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all and apologized he probably could have salvaged it.

Instead, now he has a camp full of hunters who couldn't care less about "his spot". We probably would have even just let it go if he would have stormed off and left it at that. Instead he spent in excess of 70 minutes (the first time) flying up and down a mile long, 2 track lease road doing 80+ and firing his stupid SKS off. We collected 207 7.62X39 brass today off the road. The road is literally less than 3 feet from my trailer (very limited camping around here). And there are 3 kids under 10 in our camp. Then he came back and did it all over again for even longer. Then he came back a third time).

Despite 3 calls to the rcmp and solid video evidence (face, name & license plate) of him clearly shooting his gun in the air while driving his truck, nobody came out to put a stop to this. (15 whole minutes away from the detachment).

Once F&W gets through with the dozens of calls about this idiots brethren hopefully they show up and discuss some firearms offences.

Not sure if the guy was drunk, high or just plain stupid. I tend to lean towards the latter. Who in their right mind pulls something like this on 5 large grown men by yourself? Seems like a good way not to make it home that day if you pull the wrong guys chain....
If you called the RCMP 3 times to report a person discharging a firearm from a moving motor vehicle while in close proximity to your camp, and they did not respond or attend the location, I would be calling RCMP Head Quarters. Actually here is the number to the RCMP HQ to file a complaint, 1-780-412-5424.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Play the dam video...looks like a good laugh...come on we are waiting...
X2
Old 09-17-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post
This thread reminds me of a YouTube video I watched just the other day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBPsMCmMJA

Saw this one recently as well. Quite entertaining
Old 09-17-2017, 07:21 PM

2-2x4's, some ardox nails and they "fall" off your truck.. Next time the *****hat is driving up and down the road, he won't get far..
Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 AM

Find out where he lives then pay a visit and ask for permission to hunt his quarter.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:

This is the stuff that worries me now that my son hunts with me. Its seems guys like this are beginning to be the norm. There is a couple crown quarters near the ski hill on Hwy 12 that I'm sure lots of guys are familiar with that are being held hostage by the surrounding landowners. I was bound and determined that this year I was going to press the issue this year and force the Gov to allow access but I'm not interested in a confrontation with my son around so I may just say screw it.

What ever you do please don't stop hounding the RCMP or Gov to do something about this guy. This stuff goes on to often.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:

When the RCMP are not concerned about someone driving down a road and discharging over 200 rounds from a firearm from a motor vehicle, in close proximity to people camping, they obviously aren't concerned about the safety of the public. I would normally suggest that the video be forwarded to the media, to force the RCMP to take action , but the media would likely just twist things to try and make all hunters look like irresponsible lunatics.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:11 PM

Maybe tougher gun laws would help?
Old 09-18-2017, 02:17 PM

Similar thing happened to us. This gentlemen bought a 4 acre property surrounded on 3 sides by crown land and one side by Ducks Unlimited. He attempts to intimidate anyone that goes out there, spins gravel at your truck, randomly shoots from his property etc. He even told us once during a duck hunt that we are disturbing his daughter riding her horse (not nicely but at the top of his lungs threatening assault). We go there much more often now
Old 09-18-2017, 02:21 PM

If what the OP described is accurate, I do not understand why RCMP wouldn't respond.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Banned

Default ?

Is the private land he was on posted as no hunting? If so then even the landowner can't hunt there. Some guys try this to have their own private hunting preserve not legal!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendrake View Post
Is the private land he was on posted as no hunting? If so then even the landowner can't hunt there. Some guys try this to have their own private hunting preserve not legal!
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/W10.pdf
Old 09-18-2017, 02:53 PM

Not true Green drake, I can post my land however I want to and still hunt it.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Not dissing the poster, just saying that this is one wives tale that don't die. Been hearing it all my hunting life.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Old 09-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
How dare someone use their own land as private hunting grounds. I am outraged!

#nomoreprivateland
Old 09-18-2017, 06:37 PM

Enough prattling on like old women.....put the damn vid up already!👹
Old 09-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Banned

I can't seem to find the area being discussed can you please post for me the section or sub section of the act I'm not disagreeing just couldn't find the statement in the act. Thanks
Old 09-18-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Not dissing the poster, just saying that this is one wives tale that don't die. Been hearing it all my hunting life.
This is actually law in NB. If land is posted no hunting, then legally NOBODY can hunt it, including the landowner.

http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/D...e/HuntTrap.pdf

It's on page 6 if you're interested.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 PM
Banned

I too would like to see the video!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopher10 View Post
This is actually law in NB. If land is posted no hunting, then legally NOBODY can hunt it, including the landowner.

http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/D...e/HuntTrap.pdf

It's on page 6 if you're interested.
This is Alberta, not New Brunswick, we don't have such asinine regulations in Alberta.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I can't seem to find the area being discussed can you please post for me the section or sub section of the act I'm not disagreeing just couldn't find the statement in the act. Thanks
If you live in the city and you put up a sign on your lawn that says 'Keep Off The Grass", does that mean you can't walk on your own lawn?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This is Alberta, not New Brunswick, we don't have such asinine regulations in Alberta.

Thank god for that.

I was simply illustrating where people get their information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
If you live in the city and you put up a sign on your lawn that says 'Keep Off The Grass", does that mean you can't walk on your own lawn?
Of course not that would be absurd but we are talking about the killing of a free animal that comes and goes from your land you don't own the animal just the land. If a bird lands in your tree is yours? I politely asked to see in writing for myself the actual written law. Not to have insults and anger directed my way.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Banned

So found the information myself and admit I was spewing rhetoric without knowing the facts much like a rightwing bandwagon voter!
Old 09-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
So found the information myself and admit I was spewing rhetoric without knowing the facts much like a rightwing bandwagon voter!
Well I have to respect a guy with balls enough to admit he was wrong. Good on you guy 👍
Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Of course not that would be absurd but we are talking about the killing of a free animal that comes and goes from your land you don't own the animal just the land. If a bird lands in your tree is yours? I politely asked to see in writing for myself the actual written law. Not to have insults and anger directed my way.
Ignore Hal, he only shows up to stir the pot.