Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 07:42 AM

There was a pack about 1 mile north of the Nordegg subdivision last week.

Gerry Burnie
Old 09-13-2017, 09:19 AM

I find it very encouraging that so many people are out there hunting and trapping wolves. The deer, elk, moose all thank you....and so do hunters.

I've been trying to connect with a pack in 406, I seem to get close every year but have not connected, maybe this year the ungulates will thank me.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM

I also posted the following question on the thread "Success Calling Wolves".

A little off topic, can someone clarify the wolf season. The regs say; "...from the opening of ANY big game season in a particular WMU..."

Does this include big game opening to archery? And if so, is rifle hunting of wolves allowed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM

If you don't mind travelling, Chinchaga area is loaded with them.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Best place I've hunted is out by Brazeu, not because there are more wolves there than anywhere else I've been but because those disgusting massive bejesus cutblocks they made out there force the wary critters out into the open where you can find them easyer. We found 3 packs in 2 days and saw well over a dozen wolves, up in Northern Alberta where I'm from this level of success would be pretty much impossible despite the fact that we've got at least as many wolves.
This is where came to mind when I saw the thread. Cal and I were there bowhunting and didn't take any rifles and saw wolves every day. Lesson learnt, bring a 22-250 during bow season.
I was back there this spring once looking for bear and saw wolf tracks just about everywhere soft enough to leave a track. Go west on the elk river road from the brazeau and then follow your nose. They're thick in there.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
This is where came to mind when I saw the thread. Cal and I were there bowhunting and didn't take any rifles and saw wolves every day. Lesson learnt, bring a 22-250 during bow season.
I was back there this spring once looking for bear and saw wolf tracks just about everywhere soft enough to leave a track. Go west on the elk river road from the brazeau and then follow your nose. They're thick in there.
Lol, isn't it ironic?