Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Default Hunting clothing gear questions

Just looking to see if theres any other brands out there for high quality hunting gear, will be used mostly in the mountains of BC, looking for good pants and jacket for hunting in warm and cold weather all season, rain and sun and snow. A breathable but yet fairly waterproof and stretchy. Have looked at sitka and onca gear just wondering what else is out there and suggestions!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:50 PM

First Lite comes to mind, and they have it in the asat pattern which is a bonus.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:08 PM

My opinion is all layering system... an insulated rainproof shell of goretex or similar idea for when it is raining or snowing. This can be folded and rolled tightly out of the way for when it is not needed. base and mid layers of thin merino wool are very excellent in my opinion, and can easily also be folded up into a backpack as the weather changes through your day. Icebreaker brand has just about everything to break the bank if you want. The final outer layer for nice weather is hardest to choose. searching for soemthing with the durability to stand up against all your hiking and crawling, while being silent is the hardest choice... it seems the more durable you go the heavier and noisier it gets. I chose decently heavy Cotton/Poly blend in longsleeve... not great for moisture though.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:34 AM

I haven't had any issues with my Kuiu guide series gear. I would recommend their chugach line for better waterproofing.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:22 AM

I LOVE my Kryptek. Tons of patterns and all types of layering systems to utilize.