Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2017, 11:18 AM

Default Gostwear clothing

Anyone have experience with Gostwear wool clothing?

http://www.gostwear.com/hunting-c-86.html

Very reasonably priced for wool clothes, and Canadian made eh. Where would 18, 24, and 28oz wool rank in terms of warmth (lightweight, midweight, heavyweight)?
Old 09-22-2017, 12:16 PM

I haven't heard of Gostwear but I do have some Big Bill Wool pants and they are fantastic in the winter here in the NWT.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

It is very good quality - long lasting warmth.
Several buddies have been using their products for quite a while.
So, tried on a set of their coveralls, and they have become my Go-To for chilly days.

Canada Made, does NOT support the anti's (as MEC does).

Cheers,
Nog
Old 09-22-2017, 05:22 PM

I have a set of the merino wool cargo pants and the jacket on the way. Should be here next week. I had some questions and the guy of the phoned was very helpful.

Free shipping on orders over 129.00.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 PM

Awesome service and the product looks top notch. Haven't used it much but so far it is great. You could type in 5PERCENT for an extra 5% off but it may have changed. Doesn't hurt to try or ask on the phone/online chat.

I have both the regular wool and the Merino pants and socks. Suspenders are almost a must for these pants and available on the site as well.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 AM

I placed an order with them Sep 15, after a month I hadn't heard anything, so I sent a follow-up e-mail asking about the status of my order. After my e-mail they proceeded to charge the order to my credit card, so I figured the order was on it's way. I figured someone just dropped the ball on filling the order. This week, they e-mailed and said the pants were on backorder, hopefully mid-November they'd have them.

I really wanted to try the pants this season, but it seems like a ridiculous time to wait for an order to be filled (2-3 months). They gave me the option to cancel the order so I did, since I didn't figure they'd arrive until after my season was done. Had they offered some form of apology or discount for the major delay, I likely would have proceeded with the order. Maybe next year.

Say what you will about MEC, but when I make an order, I know if it is in stock and I usually receive it with free shipping within 3-5 days.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:57 AM

Do you really have to dry clean these pants? They look interesting, but if I'm having to dry clean these after every use it seems like an added cost and big inconvenience.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Banned

I do not have wool in my wardrobe now but from past experience washing was not as critical as drying. I would handwash wool,if you do not hand wash the delicate cycle should be used,but it could also stretch the material.

This thread peaked my interest in wool,the remaining army and navy i know of doesn't alway carry the wool clothing i desire like the 97st location had years ago.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:31 AM

Bought a bunch of camo coveralls for my kids from them. Very satisfied.