Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Banned

Default Opening day

So my normal hunting buddy is unsure if he is able to join me on Thursdays opener for birds this year, so I'm wondering if anyone else is looking for someone to join them? I've got 3 dozen floating ducks and 14 floating geese as well as some lucky duck motion ducks and a spinner. I was thinking Frank Lake this year for the opener, anyone looking to either have a guy join them with decoys or wanting to meet up and hunt together? I'm open to meet for beers etc before Thursday morning.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:11 AM

Frank Lake on opening day... hope you're camping out! it'll be arm to arm i figure!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
Frank Lake on opening day... hope you're camping out! it'll be arm to arm i figure!
This would be my first go there, I may go elsewhere however I don't want to share too many of those locations. I know Frank Lake is pretty popular, I may stay clear out of fear of being shot if its as bad as you suggest it will be
Old 09-05-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
This would be my first go there, I may go elsewhere however I don't want to share too many of those locations. I know Frank Lake is pretty popular, I may stay clear out of fear of being shot if its as bad as you suggest it will be
I hear ya man. Talk about your spot, and duck hunting turns into combat hunting... Can't wait for the first pheasant releases either
Old 09-06-2016, 05:56 AM

I've been to Frank Lake on opening day in previous years and have actually been fairly surprised at the lack of hunters. It's a big body of water and the more shooters the better to keep the birds moving. I wouldn't worry about being shot or rubbing elbows with anyone, there is lots of room for everyone there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 05:04 PM

Smile Duck Boat on Frank?

Does anyone know if you are allowed to used a duck boat and blind setup in Frank Lake? Looks like a great location for such a set up. Thanks
Old 09-09-2016, 05:51 PM

Probably gonna take the dog out to Frank tomorrow, all my partners bailed but the lab is better company anyway . Honestly as long as everyone is spread out enough you can't go wrong.

You'd be surprised how many shooting opportunities you get because there are more guys (or gals) there