Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-31-2007, 02:26 PM
imhungry1

Default Cheese Smokies

I have never gotten Cheese Smokies made out of my wild game since we usually do the regular sausage, jerky, peperonie by ourselves. Has anybody taken meat into Daton's Sausage or Widynowskis in Edmonton or Yarmie meats by Andrew?? I am mainly looking to get the cheese smokies made.
Any other suggestions are welcome
Old 01-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Brady

Quote:
Widynowskis in Edmonton
My favorites by a long shot. We get the jalepeno cheese dogs, dissappear perty fast, real clean shop, and excellent people too.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
trakker9

took my moose and deer to the guy with the trailers on the way to Camrose. Highway 14 I think. Still havent got my meat back. Anyone having the same problem?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Craftyhunter

I've been to Chad Yarmie's twice in the past. He has good recipes but since I started my own havn't been back. He won't over price you thats for sure, at least he didn't in the past.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Okotokian

Quote:
took my moose and deer to the guy with the trailers on the way to Camrose. Highway 14 I think. Still havent got my meat back. Anyone having the same problem?
Huh??? That's like hiring the motivational coach who lives in a car DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!! :lol

I NEVER trust roadside vendors... who knows how old or good their stuff is? if they will be back again, etc. that little freezer on the back of the trailer breaks down, you think he's going to dump his entire load and lose all that time and money, or is he gonna think "Screw it. I'll just refreeze it and sell it"? I'm thinking the latter might often be the case. I don't buy anything from someone I can't track down at a later date. I realize your guy may be more or less permanant, but it sounds like he's out of touch right now.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Bratwurst recipe

Default Bratwurst recipe

Crafty, do you have a good Bratwurst recipe? I am going back to making my own again, but Bratwurst is one I have never made. BL
Old 01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Phone and keep phoneing

Default Phone and keep phoneing

Chance's are he is enjoying your moose and deer:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol keep phoneing everyday and night .i had i issue with camron meats had to phone day and night forever x amount of months never went back.Good luck to you.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
lethalconnection

Default Re: Phone and keep phoneing

STOP PLEASE STOP oh lord you are killin me now i have such a HUGE craving for a jalapeno cheese smokie, oh jeez im droolin all over, just might have to run to the store now.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Crestliner192

Widynowski's all the way.
They make awesome cheese dog, the wife never ate wild meat before, until i got cheese dogs made from them, now all she wants is cheese dogs.

Also they make great honey garlic peperroni.

They are really busy, but definately worth the wait.

My 2 cents
Old 02-01-2007, 02:30 AM
whitetrail

wydnowskis makes excellent jalepeno smokies;definately worth the wait!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
imhungry1

Thanks for all the input.
I have booked on the long waiting list at Wydnowskis, but I have heard nothing but good things so sounds like a sure bet. I guess the waiting list is a good sign.

Hey Brady, Whitetrail, and Crestliner, Is the Jalapeno smokies very spicy or is it more just flavor?? I am thinking of getting half cheese and half Jalapeno cheese.

I can't wait.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Dave C

I had some made by Delton Sausage House and they were the best I ever had. I bought a pork leg roast on sale at Save On and used that as my pork fill. Delton supplied the cheese and made te smokies. Damn good!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Crestliner192

I only get the regular cheese smokies, the wife and i don't like spicy things.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
phouse pigs

Trakker9.... I think you are talking about the meat bus? I took my deer there, actually I'm munching on some jerky right now... its great stuff, the place looks off, but it is clean inside and the guy is nice. When we took our deer in Nov 20 he said it would take till late Jan, which it did... I'm sure your game is ready soon.

They also make jalapeno cheese smokies which are awesome.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:39 AM
whitetrail

I had half cheese/jalepeno smokies made and for hotness they were more of mild/ hot.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
trakker9

recieved a call . Its ready
Old 02-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Home Wreaker

Wydnowskis is not bad at all ,but his prices are the highest !

Anyone try Beverly meats ,he is just couple blocks east ,I just heard he spicializes in wild meats also.Some german guy that likes smoking his meats .He is always smoking turkeys or something when i walk by.