Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
shooter

Default Sask pics

Well here are couple of pics from my Wt hunt in Sask.

It was a great time although the temp was bitter and the winds were punishing. I shot this guy on the second morning of the hunt. He came into the spot that we were hunting just after day break and gave me a 191 yd shot. The 338 win mag did the rest. He went three ft. straight down. The buck wasn't the like the big ones that we saw but I couldn't let him go. He is my first good White tail and i was thrilled to get this guy. At home I'm always elk hunting and have never hunted White tails very often. The country was great and we saw loads of deer every day. I ended up staying only four days due to other things going on at home (selling the house) and in those four days we saw 12 bucks in the 150 pt. +. Three of which would make your knees shake. My buddy missed one of the big guys on last day i was there and then came home himself the next morning. The weather just made it hard to sit for more than 2 hours at a time. In the end he was out of energy.

We will be making this an anual trip. The people were very nice and the country was unreal. I had heard how great it was and now know. We hunted the Provincial forest as well as the Farmland and both areas held a ton of deer. It was a great way to end the 2006 big game season.
Shooter
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
LB 270

That's a sweet deer man. Congrats
Lb
Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
AlbertaHunter

nice character deer looks like the perfect hunting weather.

Chris
Old 12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
bigbore

congrats on a great looking buck, definately looks pretty cold!!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
lethalconnection

Thats one heck of a deer you got there. You sure missed one heck of a week down at Bew's. There were animals all over the place down there. Went out on Saturday and Counted 10 moose(4 Bulls), 14 Deer and about 100+ elk. But i know i would give that all up to get a buck like yours. Congrats on the monster.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:52 PM
shooter

Thanks guys for the comments. Sounds like a great week down there lethal. Congrats on the elk that your bud got as well. Any more tags for late season to fill? There are more and more moose around and nice to hear that the elk were out and about!
Shooter
Old 12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Brady

Wow, nice buck there shooter. Congrats.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
lethalconnection

Yah my cousin still has a late tag to fill but he wont beable to make it out untill Saturday so hopefully they are still in there after this warm weather were supposed to be getting this week.

Yah those moose that we seen they were all herded up. I seen a herd of 7 of them the day we got the elk and a herd of 5 of saturday then another herd of 4. Man i wish those moose were general during bow season.

Also seen a few 150+ class buck as well out there. They seem to always know when you cant shoot them.Buggers
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Warrior

Hey Mike, nice lookin WT... Looks a little tttooooo COLD for my likings...
Old 12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
shooter

thanks Dwayne,
Could have used your truck up there. My buddy had a new dodge with street tires and man did we get stuck. My ford and yours would have had no trouble at all!! Hope you're doing well. Take care.
Shooter
Old 12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
cohodk

Great buck. I'm jealous.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
PacknIron

Great deer.

Damn... what did he weigh?

Looks like he'd go 300++ lbs
Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
gunner 83

Default huge

that looks like an OLD buck. Big and massive, just what Alberta and Saskatchewan are known for. Congrats.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Where

Default Where

Where are the pic's .????