Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 07:02 PM

Oh I love big rig drivers! I especially love the Yellowhead where they are 3 lanes wide and don't give 2 hoots about anyone else....... Rules got to change!
Hate to say it and I am sure I will get flamed for this but it seems like a lot of our new Canadians are some of the worst on the street with their big rigs. Not sure why but they are plain selfish in the way they drive.
I also see a lot of them on cell phones while driving. That mixture with a big 80#K truck is a dangerous combo
Old 07-20-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Note that your post does not tell you if those stats were drivers or passengers. Also if you look the younger drivers cover a 10 year span. The seniors cover a 25 plus year span, 65 and up. Hardley reliable stats.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Suspended User

Don't worry old people, we know you don't want to know how horrible you drive. Just yesterday I had a senior cut me off at 110 km/hr on #2. She needed to move over because there was a dead car off the side of the highway.
We can show you the stats, all of us can provide anecdotal tales, I'm sure we all know of several elders that no one wants on the road, and you will deny it.
Next time you take your meds before leaving in the morning, recheck them to see how many of them cause impairment. But you've been taking it so long you don't notice do you.
Want to know how come I'm aware of how bad seniors drive? I until recently, was the highest paid building operator in Canada for a US owned seniors housing corporation. Part of a $900 million cash buy out.
In my world we are very aware of how dangerous senior drivers are. But as usual, old people don't want to know, and would deny just like the couple of prior posts do even when shown the stats.
As for my personal post, the record is 13 farm trucks with those green handicap stickers on the plate running the stop sign on 2a; 23 farm trucks illegally parked in a "No Parking" zone in front of the auction.