Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Default Full Metal Jacket?

Just wondering if any of you guys have been using these arrows lately? I am planning on purchasing my new DXT next week and possibly trying the Easton Full metal jacket arrows. I have always used the ST Axis arrows before, but thought maybe try something new this time around. I will probably buy my new bow from Trophy Book Archery, does anyone know if they carry the FMJ's?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM

I bought some FMJs last fall. I was shooting Carboneros and wasn't getting the flight or penetration I wanted. Tried out the FMJs and they shot great. They seem to be a great arrow and I'm really happy with the performance. Seem to have really good tolerances in weight and spine. I would say give them a try for sure.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 PM

I have been using FMJ's for 2 seasons now, and have taken 5 animals using them including a 6x6 bull elk & a 350 lb+ black bear. I think these arrows are the best on the market, and offer great flight trajectory as well as excellent penetration. I shoot the 340's at 11.1 gpi which carries very good kinetic energy for stopping large game. Before this I shot 340 Easton Axis XT's at 9.5 gpi, also a very good arrow.