Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-02-2021, 09:59 AM

Default Swoop airlines Budget Airlines Beware!

OMG EDIT i just noticed wrong section

So long story short I booked flights from Edmonton to Victoria to go home and see my wife. They keep changing my flights.

Original flight plan Departs YEG 06:00 AM January 06, 2022

Flight change Departs YEG 07:00 AM January 06, 2022

NO PROBLEM! Only a one hour delay

Second Flight change Departs YEG 03:15 pm January 06, 2022

Ok thats far apart but atleast its still within the same day.

Third Flight change Departs YEG 03:55 pm January 06, 2022

Ok Short delay but no big deal. My faith in a low budget airline with a small fleet is now diminishing.

Last and final flight change. Departs YEG 11:40 pm January 14, 2022

WHAT THE FKLK WHY IS IT SO FAR APART!!! Now I gotta cancel and find a more reliable company with a larger fleet. The problem with these smaller airlines if something goes wrong they don't have replacement aircrafts.

Westjet owns swoop and I just noticed there flights are much cheaper during mid jan which is horse poo

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife

Last edited by HuyFishin; 12-02-2021 at 10:03 AM. Reason: please move thread to General thread
Old 12-02-2021, 10:13 AM

You get what you pay for.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:15 AM

I've never flown swoop but I have used flair a few times with no issues. But I will agree it's a get what you pay for service. Honestly we need more domestic flight competition.....Canada has the most ridiculous flight prices. The US and Europe have it nice.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:45 AM

Westjet and Air Canada suck as far as reliability of flight times go. The discount airlines suck at a really professional level. You would think you would need a whole team to reach that level of crap service. Any of the discount airlines are fine, as long as you are COMPLETELY flexible with your schedule. Problem is, they are often not much cheaper than the bigs, especially if you want to have carry on or check baggage - and finding that baggage is a whole other discussion.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:52 PM

Hear there are issues with trying to find pilots and flight crews. People got laid off, found other jobs and not coming back.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Hear there are issues with trying to find pilots and flight crews. People got laid off, found other jobs and not coming back.
That must be the case. I was able to book through my american express travel. They got me Westjet flights 135 dollars round trip (not including one suitcase)

Ended up being much cheaper then swoop budget airlines.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 12-02-2021, 10:46 PM

The 8 day change is a little bit much. But I am not sure I would expect it to be much better anywhere else right now. They are cancelling and changing all kinds of flight just to fill planes. My old man has had his flights to Mexico in Jan changed 3 times now. The latest is a 1 day layover between plane changes which has added about $800 to the cost of their trip.

Air travel has always been a pain in the ass, and it's even worse now. And they still wont give you your money back!!! I know I wont be stepping on a plane any time soon because I wouldn't put up with carp like this.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:16 PM

I used Swoop ones and Flair ones, I think. Maybe I used one or the other twice. There is a thread in “proper” section (lol) about flair where I outlined my parents’ first and surely last flight with flair: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ighlight=Flair

I bought WestJet tickets to Vancouver from Edmonton in the second week of January just last week and they were cheaper than anyone else, including all the “budget” airlines. Plus, I had a few WestJet dollars, so it turned out to be twice as cheap as flair, the next cheapest option. Without major delays, I couldn’t care less who to book with.

Tags
budgetairline, swoop, swooparlines