Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-28-2003, 06:44 PM
RackHunter

Default CFC goofed again......and again

So here's the deal my brother and I applied for our licenses at the same time - April of 2002 . He got his pol in record time , I got my pal today , Nov 2003 ! I phoned at least 150 times , and had to send in a second set of forms (they did however cash my cheque) because they lost the first set . Now they tell my bro that if he doesn't own or register a gun , they will take his pol away . What if he wants to borrow a gun ? He finally decided to register his , but I never will after this fiasco . -RH
Old 11-28-2003, 10:36 PM
bad

Default bad

Geez, I thought I had bad service...I bought a pistol in Sept, and phoned today to check on it. It was all approved, and registered to me, but no one called with an ATT, or sent me my certificate. Not sure how long I would have waited.

On the POL thing, I think if you want to borrow a gun, you need a PAL...because you are acquiring it.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:18 AM
Don Meredith

Default Re: bad

Kev,

You can borrow a gun with a Possession Only Licence (POL), but not acquire one for ownership.

Having a POL without possessing guns is an interesting situation. I know the POL was established for firearms owners who didn't want to purchase or otherwise acquire any more firearms under the new act. So, I can understand why it might be necessary to have at least one firearm registered. I never considered the possiblity of getting a POL just to borrow a firearm.

Don