Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Tucumseh

Thanx Guys! lol
If ignorance and greed were an agenda, I would say its bred on the other end. Sorry boys, but there's a couple of provinces in Canada that have little if any respect for the west. Why are we a divided country? Has language (english/french) ever played a part, in this push/pull scenerio??? I don't know, you tell me why it was quebec that wanted to separate from Canada some years back. Would it have been a good move for them and Canada? The St. Lawrence runs thru the heart of the province.

Story time!

Let me give you a small example of what I'm talking about on a personal level............................................. ................
Many years ago, I rode the Greyhound across Canada ( bad experience, never do it again) It was just before Christmas and I was going back to N.S. to visit my kids. The bus had a stop over in montreal for 4 hours. Before leaving the coach the driver spoke something in french, and only french (that I later learned) was instructions for us to pick up our luggage and put it on bus # ,(whatever) that we would be leaving montreal on this bus. After going into the terminal for something to eat while waiting, I struck up a conversation with a bilingual lady that told me what the driver had said. After eating my lunch, I went to attend to my luggage, only to find the bus I came in on was no longer there. I went back inside to inquire at the information desk (and I swear the truth) noone could speak english. (and I very little french) I pretty well walked all over that terminal looking for some
english speaking personnel that might help me find my luggage. None to be found. It was getting late and time to board the bus, so I made one last attempt back at the information desk, still a wave of arms and shrugs, 1 feller shaking his head and saying, "No English,No English!"
Now feeling pretty defeated and accepting the fact my luggage was gone (xmas presents and all) I looked at the fello and spoke a few choice words on my behalf.....well all hell broke lose, 2 or 3 of the guys behind the desk started jumping up and down mumbling something in french and one guy reached for the phone,( I believe to call security) as I walked away with my finger held high in the air, telling them what they could kiss. I was just checking to make sure they could understand english, and yes they could..............................

Have any of you's ever driven through quebec? The signs are all in french. Is that the case in Alberta? Now when I go home, I drive down through the States.

Anyrate, this one may be deleted too, but my own personal experience with some of these people was nothing but PURE IGNORANCE, and unfortunately, its my opinion, this is there attitude towards western Canada...Be it politician or the people that vote em in!!

Anyrate, that the way I see it! 8o
Old 02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Rob

and with that . . . I think we'll close this subject.

Rob