Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Reimers Rant

Default Reimers Rant

Once mayor of Edmonton, Jan Reimer takes a stab at shoring up the sinking ship. Much of the usual twisting of information as is common with supporters of gun control in its present form. The fact remains however, that Canadians have not displayed the initiative to back these laws. Case in point, the Fekete family of Red Deer, Alberta. Reimer states that it was “common knowledge” that the father posessed guns and that she is amazed no one person cared enough to see to it that they were registered and He licensed.

The people whom she refers to, in addition to all the citizen of Red Deer, are the people who run the Women’s Shelter. Any law in Canada can be administered by any citizen. Since the Women’s Shelter did not enforce the law, how can anyone expect the police and courts to? This is a clear case where the law was ignored and as such becomes ineffectual.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Rub Sign

Where did Reimer rant? It's hard to comment on something if we don't know about it.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Brady

Default Reimer's rant

Gun control is a w&*$% and she wants her money now. In addition,she wants backpay for all the years you gun totin locals didn't pay up. If you don't pay she'll find another weakness (boating?) and impose another tax userfee or license fee. She will get her money Gents,one way or another,you know why? She's got a p!*%.

So,the question to the forum is. Who's the p!*%?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Rob

Default Re: Reimer's rant

Hey Don,

She ranted as a special guest in the Edmonton Journal a few days back. A bunch of bs. Jan never did come across as knowing a whole lot. If you search the Journal archives it may be there...not sure.

Rob
Old 01-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Rub Sign

Default Re: Reimer's rant

Thanks Rob,

That's what I get for canceling my Journal subscription (customer service issue).

I've had doubts about that lady since she refused to wear the ceremonial beaver pelt as part of her official mayoralty regalia. Edmonton wouldn't be here if not for beaver pelts!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Reimer's R

Default Reimer's Rant

Hmmm,editing a post so as to make it ineffectual. I'm sure there is justification for removing words that are heard on shows such as Seinfeld and Much Music. If you support the infringement that gun control allows then editing an editorial is merely the blink of an eye.:hat
Old 01-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Rob

Default Re: Reimer's Rant

?????
Old 01-27-2004, 02:04 AM
Morbius131

Default Re: Reimer's Rant

I will second the ???????

I am on your heals of the customer service issue with the journal Don I believe it has led to my cancellation as well
Old 01-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Rub Sign

Default Re: Journal Subscription

This is definitely off the subject, Morb. So, it's your call: you can delete this once you read it (just kidding).

I learned something yesterday. The Journal's subscription service people (if you can ever get through their automated answering service) are based in Winnipeg and don't really care about my miniscule problems in rural Alberta. It's best to deal directly with my carrier who actually cares about whether I have a subscription or not. So, I'm once again getting my Journal news fix every morning.

It's so much better dealing with an actual human being.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Brady

Default Webster

You question my editing of the above post? Well all I can say to you is, read the forum rules again. If there are things that are disrespectful to anybody on this board, it will be edited if possible or if that can't be done it will be DELETED. I am terribly sorry that you are acustomed to these words on Seinfeld and on Much Music, but they will not be tolerated here because there are all types and ages of people that visit this board.

Brady
Old 01-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Morbius131

Default Re: Webster

Don, wow breaking the rules eh. I was this close (...) to deleting that but I will let the iron fist remain pocketed. LOL Thats good that you are getting the journal. I as of late have found som rather flattering hunting stories in the local paper and nature stories in the sun. They are staying upo date on the gun registry and so on so next time I get one I will find it on the net and post it so all can enjoy. but my point is that I switched to personnally buying the sun. LOL

All your fault DON!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Brady

Ya right Morb, you just like the back page of the sports section :eek :lol

Brady
Old 01-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Morbius131

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell anyone LOL. But seriously there have been the odd one and I will let you guys know when I find a good "article" lol
Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Brady Law

Default Brady Law

What I ask now is that you please identify yourself to the readers,thankyou.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:24 AM
lilsundance

Default Re: Brady Law

Pocket Webster, Brady is a moderator on this sight, as am I, and we only request that the people who use this board to show respect for others and follow the forum rules. If we find a post offensive we will try to edit it without taking the impact, or point from it. Profanity "will" be edited out because we have children of all ages visit this board. By all means voice your opinions, as I am sure that you have a lot to offer even the most experience hunters and fishermen. One of your experiences may not have happened to one of us. Enjoy the board.
Del

Also if you would like an introduction to myself please go to general discussion as it will be there.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Brady

Pocket Webster:
Brady here, my reasons for editing the previous post were clearly stated before. It is not Brady Law. It is Alberta Outdoorsmen message board law. You made a good point in the earlier post, but just like lilsundance said any language on here that is not appropriate for all readers, will be edited if possible, before deleting the post.

Brady
Old 01-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Roadhntr

Brady, Morbius, This(Webster & Pocket Webster) would be a good argument for only allowing registered users to use the board. It would save you guys a lot of time editing and deleting drivel from anonymous users! IMO
Old 01-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Morbius131

Road,

That is a good point but you can't allow a couple people to ruin it for the group. That happens far to much in todays world just consider the couple hunters acting unethically that ruin hunting opportunities for everyone. The non-registered users have a lot of imput that is helpful at times. Some people don't register because they are not convinced that the forum is secure and won't produce spam etc. (Eventhough the forum respects privacy and doesn't produce and problems like pop ups, spam etc. people still worry) Anyway, Rob is figuring out what is best for the forum and I think 7 posts is a step in the right direction.

Morb
Old 01-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Pappy in AB

Registering does not guarantee the identity of a particular person. An IP address can provide more information. I believe the whole point behind registering in these forums is to track the number of members and other asociated data.