Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-10-2015, 01:55 PM

Default Shout out thanks to Korth group and Okie

Okie.. thanks for the advice. Gave Korth Group Okitokes a call....

Guys gonna ship me new turret caps in a couple days.... zero hassle.

That company has my business for life..... Its refreshing to see that. very very impressive.

I was preparing to pay$ for them and such.

gonna just sit and be happy for a while and delve in my delusion that people are good and honourable in their hearts.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 08-10-2015, 02:14 PM

Glad it worked out!
Old 09-27-2021, 10:30 AM

I’ll add another thank you to Tanice at Korth. I bought some Hornady New Dimension dies, which actually look amazing compared to most of my rcbs. Anyway, I’m trying to load lapua 6.5 Creed with the small primer pocket. This brass also has a small flash hole and the dies only came with the standard decapping pin. A quick email to Korth and Tanice sent me out a small one for free. Had it in two days of email. Good to see some outfits still know what customer service means.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I’ll add another thank you to Tanice at Korth. I bought some Hornady New Dimension dies, which actually look amazing compared to most of my rcbs. Anyway, I’m trying to load lapua 6.5 Creed with the small primer pocket. This brass also has a small flash hole and the dies only came with the standard decapping pin. A quick email to Korth and Tanice sent me out a small one for free. Had it in two days of email. Good to see some outfits still know what customer service means.
Oh you dId you buy Kim a 6.5 creed?
Old 09-27-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Oh you dId you buy Kim a 6.5 creed?
She deserves two!!

Unfortunately for me it probably means I will have to switch to Starbucks from Tim’s. Luckily I no longer have enough hair to do a manbun but I suppose I could start wearing a toque in the summer!
Old 09-27-2021, 06:15 PM

I’ve been waiting 11 months for the Korth group to send me a replacement clip for my Ruger American.
The worst customer service I’ve had yet. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Gusto View Post
I’ve been waiting 11 months for the Korth group to send me a replacement clip for my Ruger American.
I would guess that’s a Ruger issue, not a Korth issue. Every time I have ever heard anything about Korth, and I have had a few dealings with them, they are all very positive.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:27 PM

Off topic (sorry)… I liked Okotokian. Too bad he left the forum. Wonder how he is doing. Hopefully, all is well.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

That company has my business for life..... Its refreshing to see that. very very impressive.

gonna just sit and be happy for a while and delve in my delusion that people are good and honourable in their hearts.
Just curious, but what happened to your turret caps?
Old 09-28-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Those mags looks they cost Ruger 2 bucks to make . mine broke after 100 ish rounds , took about 2 months but korth sent me two new mags .
Old 09-28-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Eagle View Post
I would guess that’s a Ruger issue, not a Korth issue. Every time I have ever heard anything about Korth, and I have had a few dealings with them, they are all very positive.
You could very well be right. The question i have though is did the OP get his turret caps because Korth Group offers good customer service, or is it because Leupold offers good customer service?
Old 09-28-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88thunderbird View Post
Those mags looks they cost Ruger 2 bucks to make . mine broke after 100 ish rounds , took about 2 months but korth sent me two new mags .
I have now have three mags, one replacement stock, and the mags still wont feed the 2nd shell if the temperature dips below 0. I did a search on the Ruger forum in the states, this problem is so common, makes you wonder why Ruger doesn't fix it right, how serious is Ruger about customer service, and why the heck doesn't some after market manufacturer make a decent clip yet?
Old 11-04-2021, 06:03 PM

We are pretty fortunate to have the Korth group right here in Alberta.
Just received quite an upgrade to a pair of binos I sent them for a eyepiece repair.
I was happy with the old ones but what they sent to replace the old ones are way above and beyond my expectations.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I have now have three mags, one replacement stock, and the mags still wont feed the 2nd shell if the temperature dips below 0. I did a search on the Ruger forum in the states, this problem is so common, makes you wonder why Ruger doesn't fix it right, how serious is Ruger about customer service, and why the heck doesn't some after market manufacturer make a decent clip yet?
so it's common knowledge that the ruger american is a piece of crap. yet you bought one................
then it's common knowledge they have loads of trouble with magazines and supplying them, yet you through korth under the bus??
yes leupold has great customer service, they back their products and korth does their job as canadian warranty/distributor in great fashion.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

So my Leupold RX 1000i range finder developed issues after many years of use. The bright orange display started to fade and became basically unreadable. I contacted Leupold. They're response was "Oh, we don't warranty the electronics, just the glass"

Someone (I forget who) pointed me at Korth Group in Okotoks so I gave them a call. Forget the name of the guy who helped me out but they replaced my 1000i with a brand spanking new RX-FullDraw 3 for a little less than half of retail price!!!!

This was during the first week of hunting too. I paid the man over the phone with my credit card on Thursday and overnighted my old unit to them as they needed to have it before releasing my new one to me. They received the old one Friday and the new one went out via Canada Post Friday. Monday morning I had my new range finder in-hand.

The service was excellent and I'm very pleased! I know I've bookmarked their website.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***