Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-22-2021, 03:08 PM

Default Eyoyo Underwater Camera

I know there are some people on here that use this exact camera. Some are asking about recommended cameras. They had sent me this camera for me to try. Honestly its not bad for the price. If you're looking for the cheapest option and you just need something to use. When HD is not of importance this maybe the one.

I've had my marcum Lx9 camera replaced twice under warranty and then the third time I gave up on using it. The marcum 485C still comes with the same camera. Problem is it takes on water with condensation in the lens. If you're looking for HD I would probably go Aquaview. But if you're looking for just something fair priced I think this might be the ticket.

https://youtu.be/-7jPWpHBnNo

Whats everyones thoughts on this camera?

There will be coupon available CAD$20 off online start from Nov 25th -Nov 29th.
Eyoyo camera Link
https://www.amazon.ca/Eyoyo-Underwat.../dp/B07VNLL3MJ

I also wanted to let you guys know I don't make a cent off that link. It was nice to receive something in the mail though.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 11-22-2021, 03:16 PM

This will be year 5 with my eyoyo....have not had 1 issue and I'm not overly careful with it either. It gets tossed in the bottom of my tub and bounces around with everything else. Picture quality is just as good or better than a standard aquaview and I can easily get 8-10hours on a charge. Never once had moisture in my lens either.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:03 PM

This will be season 4 for my Eyoyo camera. I'm very happy with it's performance considering what I paid for it!
Old 11-22-2021, 06:08 PM

Intersting on the LX9 Huy. I know my LX7 flasher only was also a lemon....and neither are cheap. Just one of those things that makes you look to other products...

Mlee, that is a good testament already. Sounds like you have done well with it.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Intersting on the LX9 Huy. I know my LX7 flasher only was also a lemon....and neither are cheap. Just one of those things that makes you look to other products...

Mlee, that is a good testament already. Sounds like you have done well with it.
Yea I just got rid of the LX9 last year with a newer camera that didnt have an issue. But I just know it would eventually happen again. Its a dated camera and unit. Last sunday @stringtheoryangling and I tested out his marcum vs485. Once you dip the camera in the water and take the camera out he was showing me how much water it retained inside and it was sloshing. If you're hole hopping and its freezing out the water freezes so quick and it pops the seals like a frozen popcan. After I got a couple camera replacements I just said forget it. Not gonna replace it for 220USD + shipping after the warranty was gone. I just never used it after that.

If this eyoyo camera actually last 5 years with no leakage then i'm happy with that. My niece and nephew are gonna absolutely love it.

Its crazy to think that this eyoyo screen and camera is still cheaper then a marcum camera replacement

Respect wildlife
Old 11-22-2021, 07:00 PM

A few pictures off mine....these were deeper too like 15-20fow in a lake that isn't the clearest.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2021, 10:02 AM

I just ordered the Eyoyo 720P version off Amazon. Hoping it is just another tool that helps under the ice. I already use a Garmin Striker Vivid 4cv and that has been a game changer. I was wondering what people have been using to keep their cameras pointed at their presentation of choice?
I was hoping for a DIY solution rather than spending more money on some of these wireless camera pan systems on the market. Most of which do not get great reviews.
I have seen the styrofoam ball on top of an overturned bucket method which seems like an easy idea that would work. Just wondering what others have found as good solutions.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmp View Post
I just ordered the Eyoyo 720P version off Amazon. Hoping it is just another tool that helps under the ice. I already use a Garmin Striker Vivid 4cv and that has been a game changer. I was wondering what people have been using to keep their cameras pointed at their presentation of choice?
I was hoping for a DIY solution rather than spending more money on some of these wireless camera pan systems on the market. Most of which do not get great reviews.
I have seen the styrofoam ball on top of an overturned bucket method which seems like an easy idea that would work. Just wondering what others have found as good solutions.
I would using someting like this!! just use a plastic clip and use one of these hole insulator or make one out of a bucket lid. U can find the insulators for cheap sometimes.

https://www.amazon.ca/NEP-Outdoors-I...46S?th=1&psc=1

https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/p...g!379950953740!

Respect wildlife
Old 11-23-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
I know there are some people on here that use this exact camera. Some are asking about recommended cameras. They had sent me this camera for me to try. Honestly its not bad for the price. If you're looking for the cheapest option and you just need something to use. When HD is not of importance this maybe the one.

I've had my marcum Lx9 camera replaced twice under warranty and then the third time I gave up on using it. The marcum 485C still comes with the same camera. Problem is it takes on water with condensation in the lens. If you're looking for HD I would probably go Aquaview. But if you're looking for just something fair priced I think this might be the ticket.

https://youtu.be/-7jPWpHBnNo

Whats everyones thoughts on this camera?

There will be coupon available CAD$20 off online start from Nov 25th -Nov 29th.
Eyoyo camera Link
https://www.amazon.ca/Eyoyo-Underwat.../dp/B07VNLL3MJ

I also wanted to let you guys know I don't make a cent off that link. It was nice to receive something in the mail though.
i as well had a marcum bought new last year that never lasted a month poor product for sure.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:43 AM

I’ve had a Marcum VS485c for 6 seasons and it hasn’t had any issues whatsoever. I knew the LX7 ans LX9 had a lot of issues but the VS485c has been solid for everyone I knew that had one.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 11-23-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
I would using someting like this!! just use a plastic clip and use one of these hole insulator or make one out of a bucket lid. U can find the insulators for cheap sometimes.

https://www.amazon.ca/NEP-Outdoors-I...46S?th=1&psc=1
Hey I have a bunch of these! I actually like this idea, since a camera often times works best outside of the shack pointed at the holes. Maybe I'll pick up a Styrofoam ball from Michael's and give it a try. I could mount the MoPod outside with an Ice Defense Pro as well, but I could see that getting snowed in. Thanks for the idea!
Old 11-23-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
I’ve had a Marcum VS485c for 6 seasons and it hasn’t had any issues whatsoever. I knew the LX7 ans LX9 had a lot of issues but the VS485c has been solid for everyone I knew that had one.
Mine's been good for the several years I've had it as well (until it blew off the seat on my flip shelter and broke the gimbal last March). Still, I know of a lot of people who have had issues with Marcum to the point that I'd think long and hard about getting one.

Tags
eyoyo camera