Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Rub Sign

Default Gun Registration Costs Soar past $2 billion.

In case you haven't had enough of Liberal scandals, here's the link to the CBC story of Feb. 13: Gun registry cost soars to $2 billion.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Mr3030

>: ALL this Liberal corruption makes my blood boil. How and why do Canadians let this happen? Misinformation in the east perhaps. It makes me sick to think of all the money the liberals have lost over the years and the damage they have done to our country like the military, health-care and weak immigration policies. God knows I didn't vote for em I don't even know anyone that is a liberal-not in my circle of influence anyway, I wouldn't surround myself with people that have no reason or accountability.>:
Old 02-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Shawners

Default Gun Registry

Man after all these scandals and the crap we've put up with it's time for us to separate. I'm so sick of the liberals. There's been all this hype about how martin is so much better than jean but they are the exact same. I don't see any other way to better our situation than to separate.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:43 PM
winged1

Default overrun

Mr3030;

How and why do Canadians let this happen?

It's easy, we sit around and bitch without participating.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:01 AM
lilsundance

Default Re: Overrun? or Overfrench?

okay guys, having an opinion is one thing but slamming a particular group of Canadians is another. In the Eastern part of Canada in the last election the liberals didn't get the majority % of the vote. Unfortunately when you split the majority % between the Conservatives and the Alliance it left the Liberals the overall winner. I feel just as helpless as you all do knowing that our vote out here only matters if the winning party has a large majority or just a minority government. Lets do our part in writing our mla's helping them keep in touch with what we want and then hopefully they will keep the pressure on and keep the Liberals off balance and show the rest of Canada that gun registration is too costly with little or no benefit.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Mr3030

Default Re: overrun

I see the current political party (and system)in power in Canada as a big uncontrolled beast that is is running around doing anything it wants. What real power does the official opposition have to control it or stop it from doing harm? None, and if the official opposition cant do anything about it what in Gods name can one civilized person do? Vote? Write Letters to MP's? Start a new party? Go ahead participate. Using their system wont get you very far, and they know that. Look at what has happened to those that have tried. They made a joke of some of our upstanding moral citizens.
Do you have any idea on how stop this beast. Maybe it will just go away, Maybe it will implode on itself from getting to big and fat on all the corruption as of late-not likely. Abandon this runaway ship of Canada? The British certainly did.

We don't need anything from the east, we got everything we need right here in Alberta, so why not separate or at the very least use separation as a trump card to get the system changed. What benefit do we as Albertans have by staying in this so called federation? I don't see one, certainly not one without equal regional representation in the form of a Triple-E-Senate.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Shawners

Default Separatist party of Alberta

The party is needing people to sign their petition to make them an official party. Check out their website at www.separationalberta.com
Old 02-15-2004, 12:14 PM
lilsundance

Default Re: re french

okay guys enough is enough. If Rob or Don want to reopen this thread they may do so but for now consider it closed.
Winged one I think your post was unwarranted. We are neither gutless but show the respect of others on this board.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Rub Sign

Default Re: Closure

lilsundance,

I agree, this topic should be closed. However, I did delete certain offensive messages.

No, winged1, we cannot be here all the time, we moderators do have other lives. But I agree, if we are going to disallow messages for denigrating one group we must do the same for others.

As far as I’m concerned, if you have to resort to belittling others, you’ve run out of arguments and are revealing more about yourself than whom you’re attacking.

With regard to separation, all I can say is grow up!