Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Tucumseh

Default Gun Registry to be reviewed

I hope our new P.M. scraps this useless program. Time will tell what this guy is made out of and will he be worth voting for come election time. If he puts his money where his mouth is, he just maybe able to win some western votes. I feel thou if the western provinces are to trust the liberals they have along way to go to repair relationships. We've been ignored for too long!
Check out "Gun registry under fire from Prime Minister"
www.cfcn.ca/
This has expired now......
Old 01-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Pappy in AB

Vote Liberal? NOT for any reason. Not even if they scrap the registry.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Tucumseh

Scraping the gun registry would just be a start. As I said, quote,"they have a long way to go" unquote, before I would even consider voting liberal. Canada has watched them say one thing and do another on many occassions. Its hard to trust such a party with a track record as the liberals. I was always under the impression that Chretien didn't give a rats a_ _ 's about the west, other than what revenues they could collect from our natural gas. I'm glad that S.O.B. is gone but will his successor be any better.
As much as i hate to say this, I believe its going to be a long time before we see them out of power................
Only my opinion!
Old 01-13-2004, 02:22 PM
gun registratio

Default gun registration

Remember... the GST was going to be scrapped too.
The power of suggestion has allot of folks rethinking Paul Martin. Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all.
Oh. There goes my alarm. Time to wake up folks. What does review mean to you? Does it mean it will be scrapped?
Listen to the words carefully. These guys are lawyers and know how to use words to manipulate peoples thinking.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Brady

Default Re: gun registration

.....and just in time for a spring election.:rolleyes

Brady
Old 01-14-2004, 10:56 AM
gun registratio

Default gun registration

You got it Brady.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
What a swell guy the PM is.I feel like I've been personally patted on the back by him.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Tucumseh

Well I watched "Your turn with the prime minister" tonight on the National. I guess he answered all our questions on scraping the gun registry program.... No, he's not going to scrap it. He says he believes in gun control and the program needs to be reviewed to find a way to make it work. Zebras never change their strips do they. He's still a Liberal, and come election, I hope Canadians find a way to scrape him.
He's got my vote, if ya know what I mean!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:12 PM
270man

The CBC has reported that the gun registry boondoggle is now approaching TWO BILLION DOLLARS in money spent and money committed for this asinine program. When are the people in the east going to wake up and help the west turf these jerks out of office. First it was Calamity Jane Stewart and the 640 million that went missing on her watch as Minister of Human Resources. God only knows how much money was squandered by Tequila Sheila in her years as a cabinet minister. I'm not sure I really want to know because it would probably make Calamity Jane look like a miser,and that's only two cabinet ministers.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Rub Sign

270man,

I heard the report as well. I'm posting story on a new thread on this discussion.