Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
When some one says my expierance is worth money. I wont disagree with that statement. That's why Journyman wages have gone from $25 upwards of $65 an hour average of $35-45. Based on hours worked. That should be fair.
Because if I charged out for what I am actually worth with my expierance for the job I do now I would be quadruple what I make now. But I only get paid the hours I work. Not the hours it may take me to do the job.
Darn we were under charging significantly in the oilfield. I can only imagine if we did a book rate based on average time ls from 10 years ago. Where it took 30 days to complete a well. Today we get it done in 48hrs. I am missing out on some serious coin.
So you went from 720 hrs to 48hrs to drill a well! Hum
In that 48hrs it takes you to drill a well now, if there is anything unforeseen and there is an additional 5 hrs or whatever added on you will charge dearly for it, but if a mechanic does he’s a rip off artist. Part of the reason “book time” is there is for the unforeseen problems so if a mechanic gets it done quicker without complications then both the shop and mechanic should benefit. I’m talking within reason usually it’s only a few hours difference not 672 hrs.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204ruger View Post
So you went from 720 hrs to 48hrs to drill a well! Hum
In that 48hrs it takes you to drill a well now, if there is anything unforeseen and there is an additional 5 hrs or whatever added on you will charge dearly for it, but if a mechanic does he’s a rip off artist. Part of the reason “book time” is there is for the unforeseen problems so if a mechanic gets it done quicker without complications then both the shop and mechanic should benefit. I’m talking within reason usually it’s only a few hours difference not 672 hrs.
I do not say drill a well i said complete a well. Yes I stand by my time lines.
On some of the equipment and companies I worked for unforeseen issues were not paid especially of we broke or caused the issue. In some.cases we lost the entire job and or project.
The quote given was the price charged.