Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-19-2022, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
We have a princecraft 21’ sport fisher with a 115 merc… in 6 years of owning it and almost 400 hours on the motor we’ve had zero issues with the motor. Regular service that is reasonably priced is all I’ve done.
Had the flooring start to lift and quickly contacted the dealer. Princecraft paid to have the boat delivered from bc to Edmonton and then it was shipped back to Quebec for the repair. They even upgraded the flooring and fixed the swim ladder I bent.
2 things I’ve done to it:
-Installed a “turbo swing” around the motor to attach a rope for tubing and skiing. Works amazing.
-installed trailer guides to load the boat easier. This works awesome in high cross winds. Just cost onto the trailer and the guides sit between the pontoons and attach the winch and crank it on.
We came from ski boats and the pontoon is the best thing we recreate with. Massive room, amazing storage, great power, ultra utility!

Another thing about Princecraft… 4mm aluminum on the pontoons and 3 chambers for each pontoon. Because when you hit something, and you might, it’s that much stronger and safer than the competition.

Good luck in your decision.
Thanks for the post, review and suggestions on some mods, pretty much what I'd be going for. Do you have the 2 or 4 seater? Front or back? I missed a 2 seater in front out of Sask. 2017, low hours. Made me sad. Then the 4 seater in Edmonton was pending for like a week before it finally disappeared, I wasn't super hot for it but not knowing if it would sell or be available again was a little tough to try and plan around.
Old 05-19-2022, 06:38 PM

Our pontoon says it’s an 8 seater but 6 is a perfect amount. It has 2 captains chairs facing forward, then 2 benches, Uber comfy captains seat at the helm and then a u shaped lounger with table. We even have room for a 4 drawer dresser to hold kitchen stuff. Added a marine bbq and we leave with the camping gear friday nights from the launch and don’t come back until Sunday.

Like another member said, max out the HP. Wish I had the 150hp.

It does turn like a city bus at low speeds when pulling into slips so I need to be careful. Handles light chop very well and really haven’t seen rough water on koocanusa. Found out twice it’s good to carry a spare prop. Oops, darn sandbars.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
I'd be quite happy with either of those!
I bought the Angler, 60hp. After talking with the sales guy. We decided that the 90 hp, and bit bigger ( a very little bit) and the $8000 difference was not worth it for a boat for just us two occasionally, and myself more often. So, the gunmetal grey Lund with a 60hp Merc it is. Will pick up on the 28th. Yayyyyy.
Can’t wait.

Tullfan
Old 05-20-2022, 06:21 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post
I bought the Angler, 60hp. After talking with the sales guy. We decided that the 90 hp, and bit bigger ( a very little bit) and the $8000 difference was not worth it for a boat for just us two occasionally, and myself more often. So, the gunmetal grey Lund with a 60hp Merc it is. Will pick up on the 28th. Yayyyyy.
Can’t wait.

Tullfan
Dam....kinda jealous.

Congrats and post up a few pics of your maiden voyage.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-20-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Can’t wait.

Tullfan
Hopefully you ordered your boat last year, before the price increases, there were three increases since I ordered my Rebel last summer. My dealer honored the deal from last year, but told me that the prices on boats that weren't presold went up 10-15%. I actually considered upgrading to the larger Adventure, but with the price increases, the price difference had doubled.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Dam....kinda jealous.

Little jealous myself... But super happy for Tullfan too! Enjoy the new ride!

I'll get one for us eventually, just too many things on the go at the moment...
Old 05-20-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Hopefully you ordered your boat last year, before the price increases, there were three increases since I ordered my Rebel last summer. My dealer honored the deal from last year, but told me that the prices on boats that weren't presold went up 10-15%. I actually considered upgrading to the larger Adventure, but with the price increases, the price difference had doubled.
Didn’t pre order, it’s a 2022, they dropped about $4000 off from retail, maybe went up maybe we t down. Didn’t matter, I had a budget, stayed within and am happy. I didn’t pay so much that I feel obligated to use it every weekend. That was the key. If its nice and my wife is on shift. I have that option. If its nice and she’s off, we’ll take the bikes to BC, or wherever. I don’t feel guilty not using it. And on a nice weekend, we can take the boat together. It’s just something else to spend time with my wife. I’m 50 and in good health. I’d like to enjoy our time. Face it I have more time behind me than in front.
And I will get some pics of our maiden voyage.

Tullfan
Old 05-21-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Didn’t pre order, it’s a 2022, they dropped about $4000 off from retail, maybe went up maybe we t down. Didn’t matter, I had a budget, stayed within and am happy. I didn’t pay so much that I feel obligated to use it every weekend. That was the key. If its nice and my wife is on shift. I have that option. If its nice and she’s off, we’ll take the bikes to BC, or wherever. I don’t feel guilty not using it. And on a nice weekend, we can take the boat together. It’s just something else to spend time with my wife. I’m 50 and in good health. I’d like to enjoy our time. Face it I have more time behind me than in front.

Tullfan

That’s exactly where We are at too in life got all these toys and never went crazy but can use them whenever the weather is nice and we feel like it.
We just wake up and decide then.
Ohhh bring a fish towel then you don’t stink on the ride home

Old 05-21-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Tullfan
Truthfully, I could save saved a few thousand dollars by buying a late arrival 2021 last fall, but I had already ordered a boat, and placed a non refundable deposit. I did do some shopping around before placing my order, and the best deals were in Nipiwan and Winnipeg, and the worst were at Alberta Marine, with Edmonton and Camrose being about equal. By the time I added in travel expenses to Winnipeg or Nipiwan, the savings wasn't that much, so I went with my local dealer in Camrose. Like yourself, I kept the cost to where it wasn't so much that I would feel obligated to take it out every week, but at the same time had a boat that offered the features that I really wanted.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:22 AM

Default Pontoon boat

We have a 18 ft boat. When the lake starts getting rough, the boat is so short it rides only one wave at a time and bobs up and down making a rough ride. A longer boat can have 2 waves under it at all times making a smoother and safer ride.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:24 PM
Banned

Tough to find a used boat these days.

Missed out on one locally, although I responded to the ad a couple of days after it was listed.

Missed out on probably the best fit for us because I though driving an hour beyond Lloyd might be too far. I had a conversation going with the guy within the first hour of it being listed and asked too many questions, just needed to commit. Rookie mistake? It was sold relatively quick as well.

Just today again. Decent unit, decent price but had to come back down to earth, it was too far to go and logistics would have been tough, it was in Regina. I responded to the ad within the hour but someone else also did and they were local and had a trade-in.

Search continues.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Dam....kinda jealous.

Just an update for anyone that was interested.The boat floats.
My wife and I finally got to take it out today. Went to Mcgregor lake. Launching the boat was easy, my wife and I will sort out our routine.
On the water the Lund is comfortable and the 60hp Marc is super quiet.
We trolled for a while and full throttled it a while and played around. Still had more than half a tank of gas (6 Gallon tank). We were out from 9 am to 3:30.
Sun was out, fish were biting, 10 pike, 2 walleye and a few misses. Had our lunch on a beach and I couldn't have picked a better partner in life than my wife. I know it's just a boat but the memories for both of us will be long remembered.
I don't know if the pics will come through, but I'll try.
Thanks for all the interest and help in buying our boat. It is and was very much appreciated.
Tullfan

Pics won't load, so you'll just have to trust me, it was a good day!
Old 06-27-2022, 09:32 PM

My wife likes to fish as well. She makes me drive the boat, she's got a hook in the water before I can get the kicker running. lol. Sure something enjoyable & relaxing out on the water. Well done!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 06-27-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Just an update for anyone that was interested.The boat floats.
My wife and I finally got to take it out today. Went to Mcgregor lake. Launching the boat was easy, my wife and I will sort out our routine.
On the water the Lund is comfortable and the 60hp Marc is super quiet.
We trolled for a while and full throttled it a while and played around. Still had more than half a tank of gas (6 Gallon tank). We were out from 9 am to 3:30.
Sun was out, fish were biting, 10 pike, 2 walleye and a few misses. Had our lunch on a beach and I couldn't have picked a better partner in life than my wife. I know it's just a boat but the memories for both of us will be long remembered.
I don't know if the pics will come through, but I'll try.
Thanks for all the interest and help in buying our boat. It is and was very much appreciated.
Tullfan

Pics won't load, so you'll just have to trust me, it was a good day!
The new four strokes are quiet, and very easy on fuel, my 90 used 8 liters the first evening then 12 liters on Saturday. Now that I am past the initial break in stage, I will open it up, and let it rev past 4500rpm next time. The Vesselview Mobile is a nice accessory to have, it provides a lot of information ,for less than $300, and it was easy to install.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:27 PM

There was a break in period? Lol,

Tullfan.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
There was a break in period? Lol,

Tullfan.
Just to avoid any warranty issues, I follow the initial break in period recommendations, it's only two hours.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:37 PM

That's awesome, Tullfan. Hope you and your wife make many more happy memories like that with your new boat!
Old 07-09-2022, 11:34 AM
Banned

coming soon....
Old 07-09-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.crentist View Post

coming soon....

Congrats on a great choice!

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 07-11-2022, 03:10 PM

Great to hear the boats floats and she allows you to use it!

Having a wife that enjoys fishing is simply awesome and makes purchasing items real easy in fact our local bait and tackle fella
Loves it when we both walk in cuz he knows she will spend money!

Now you gotta plan a few more outings up around here and the mountain lakes too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-11-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Having a wife that enjoys fishing is simply awesome and makes purchasing items real easy in fact our local bait and tackle fella
Loves it when we both walk in cuz he knows she will spend money!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got that right! Very jealous of guys whose gals love to fish!
Old 07-12-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Can’t wait.

Tullfan
Congrats !!!! That is a perfect boat for that size class, easy to put into a garage and store, with a really practical layout .... I'm sure you will love it.

Welcome to the Lund family brother !!!
Old 07-16-2022, 10:29 AM
Banned

Default New (to us) Boat Day!

We launched yesterday and everything floats, everything runs and with the water being a ridiculous 22 degrees yesterday the day on the water was a huge success. Some friends and food and sunshine was most excellent. I didn't really get to fish trying to entertain everyone and learn the ins and outs of everything, all safe and sound at the end of the day.

Basically gave up on trying to find a boat this season but someone reached out to an old wanted ad of mine and said they were packing up and selling the cottage. I got a 2018 Prince Fisher with a Merc 115 Pro XS on it, less than 50 hours for well below what I was seeing similar things sell for. It's basically new with all the gear. They paid for a mechanical inspection and service through a shop, a cleaning and were super easy to deal with. I have to send them a thank-you note now that we've tried it out.

Last edited by dr.crentist; 07-16-2022 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:45 AM
Banned

Oops, my bad. It's a Princecraft Sportfisher 21-2S, not a Princefisher like I originally put down in my post. my bad